Jump to content

This is going nuts,free roam killers.


john013
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Fallout 76s solution is kind of horrible.

Someone has to attack you.. And then you have to attack back and then its on.   

 

Game needs invite only/friendly lobbies.    Not hurdles and punishments.

 

I LOVE Fallout 76's system. If the PvP brats want to fight each other, they are free to do so, but if they harass people who clearly do not want to play with them they will be severely punished.

If a griefer kills someone who never fought back, they will show up on everyone's radar as a red dot, they will be labeled as a "Murderer" by the game, and a Bounty will be paid to whichever player kills the murderer. Even better, the bounty money comes out of the griefer's ingame funds! The griefer is also punished with a several hours long debuff which they can't escape by just logging off and coming back later, it is measured by time in the game. I usually do not PvP, but every time I see a "Murderer" show up in Fallout 76 I make a point of going and killing them. Their screams of outrage as I gun them down and take their money is so sweet.

So as a result, there are pretty much no griefers left in Fallout 76. I LOVE it. I'm sure the little griefer brats cry their eyes out over it.

If Rockstar chooses to do something like just make friendly lobbies, then I'm cool with that. But I'm not playing RDO again until they stop pandering to the griefer crowd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think many folks missed this in yesterday's R* Newswire but it look like good news for us.  ......and bad news for griefers:

Quote

Upcoming Updates to the Red Dead Online Beta: We have been poring through incoming community input and suggestions and are working on updates for early 2019 to address many popular bits of feedback including some new anti-griefing measures in the works and other updates to improve gameplay balance. We are also working on lots of new features, modes and additional Red Dead Online gameplay content updates that we are very excited to share more about in the new year.

 

Edited by Kean_1
spelling correction
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I think many folks missed this in yesterday's R* Newswire but it look like good news for us.  ......and bad news for griefers:

 

I will wait until I see what they offer.

After all, they had portrayed the stupid and insulting "parlay" system as an "anti-griefing" measure. The idea that people not interested at all in PvP should have to be subjected to repeated killings and that Rockstar putting in a parlay where we might occasionally get a 10 minute break from it... and that Rockstar at least initially thought the this stupid parlay system was something that PvE players would be PLEASED with...

Let's just say that my confidence level that Rockstar will actually do something to stop the griefing is very low right now.

Until I see an actual solid anti-griefing system in place that will actually work, Fallout 76 will be my pew-pew home.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2018 at 2:10 PM, Kean_1 said:

I think many folks missed this in yesterday's R* Newswire but it look like good news for us.  ......and bad news for griefers:

 

oh i hope its a bounty system like others have mentioned lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ALCHEMY said:

oh i hope its a bounty system like others have mentioned lol.

...anything to help balance it out in Free Roam would be nice but I would also like to see private session options.  That was one thing that wa nice about GTAV:O.  .....other than the fact that a lot of the money making businesses were locked to open sessions only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

...anything to help balance it out in Free Roam would be nice but I would also like to see private session options.  That was one thing that wa nice about GTAV:O.  .....other than the fact that a lot of the money making businesses were locked to open sessions only.

lol according to someone on youtube there is a method to get into a session all by yourself, i think its a bug from some guy that offers missions up in the grizzleys. some reason it puts you alone when you complete it. i also tried the check nat type method most ppl were using in GTA to get into solo lobbys, didnt work :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ALCHEMY said:

lol according to someone on youtube there is a method to get into a session all by yourself, i think its a bug from some guy that offers missions up in the grizzleys. some reason it puts you alone when you complete it. i also tried the check nat type method most ppl were using in GTA to get into solo lobbys, didnt work :(

Yeah, I use the MTU setting (on PS4) to get me into private sessions and it works 9 times out of 10.  I typically play solo and this was the only way I could play in public session in that game.  I tried the same thing on RDO and it times out if it can't throw you in with anyone.  On the other hand, my friends and I have found ourselves in our own sessions on more than one occasion randomly.

Thing is, unlike GTAVO, I've probably played about half or more of the total hours I've spent in RDO alone.  That wouldn't have been possible (or bearable IMO) in GTA but it is in RDO due to the slower nature of the game, etc.  If they get the anti-griefing right, I may not mind Free Roam even if we do get private sessions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2018 at 12:43 PM, One Ranger said:

I LOVE Fallout 76's system. If the PvP brats want to fight each other, they are free to do so, but if they harass people who clearly do not want to play with them they will be severely punished.

If a griefer kills someone who never fought back, they will show up on everyone's radar as a red dot, they will be labeled as a "Murderer" by the game, and a Bounty will be paid to whichever player kills the murderer. Even better, the bounty money comes out of the griefer's ingame funds! The griefer is also punished with a several hours long debuff which they can't escape by just logging off and coming back later, it is measured by time in the game. I usually do not PvP, but every time I see a "Murderer" show up in Fallout 76 I make a point of going and killing them. Their screams of outrage as I gun them down and take their money is so sweet.

Thats exactly why it horrible..         

 

Would have been better and smarter to simply add pvp and pve lobbies. OR have no pvp at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...