For fun, what's your horse's name/names?

Major Dammidge

Question

I try to name my horses after ones I've ridden in real life which they resemble.  Hence Polly my black racehorse, Argento the Kentucky Saddler I was given free (grey with black mane and tail).  Harvey, a dark bay Morgan that I rode for a while in the story.

My current main horse is the silver Nokota with the black face.  I've never ridden anything like her in rl, so had to make a name up.  I went with 'Squirrel' because she's small, grey, insanely fast and completely nuts. 

first horse: no idea the breed, but its a grey male. Swift Spirit 

2nd horse: Arabian Chestnut, named her Kali (the goddess of death)

3rd horse: will be a Male Turkoman Dark Bay, either named Batalo (Battle translated in the Esperanto language) or Argo ("first ship to sail the seas" created by Argus and Athena, its a great war ship. any feedback on which you like best is appreciated

4th horse ^ one of the names i didnt use for the 3rd.

Edited by Born Homicidal

4 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

@peppino79 You have to decide whether you want to part with cash or gold when you consider the following options. Stamina was a very important consideration in my selections.

Reveal hidden contents

According to the experts in the game

guides, after the Arabian (rated Superior): 

RATED A; *****Turkoman silver or gold ****Ardennes Strawberry Roan or Andalusian Rose Grey ***Missouri Fox Trotter either-- you can use the Gerden Trail Saddle and hooded stirrups to make this equivalent through the Ardennes and Andalusian 

RATED B-- and on a budget, this is what I would do--because of levels--to get one earlier, using saddle and stirrups upgrades: *****DUTCH WARMBLOOD Chocolate Roan (in the story game I namedto mine Cocoa and he was awesome) ****AMERICAN PAINT Grey Overo MUSTANG Tiger Striped Bay ***HUNGARIAN HALF BRED dapple dark grey [Rating system based on: Health Stamina Speed Acceleration]

I'll buy the horse with cash. I have little gold, I am a poor boy.
I think I will increase my level before buying one. I'd like to try DUTCH WARMBLOOD Chocolate Roan  because I've never had it in the story game.
thank you, your answer was very helpful

Still got the nag that started online with. Name is Laurens 3. Lauren 1 was my first horse in story mode, fell victim to a cliff related accident. Laurens 2 was black Arabian, who disappeared forever after the story mode quest to save the chiefs son. Tried everything....gone.

Laurens is a race horse that I won a thousand  pounds on over last year  so love her!

My first steed was named “Snakebite.”

Now, my black Arabian female is named “Illana,” after Illana Bay in’s the Southern Philippines. Where my pirate ancestors are from. Throughout Southeast Asia, Lanun is a word that means Pirate and that word came from the same indigenous pirate tribe of the Philippines in forgotten history. The Caribbean pirates were nowhere near as fearsome in their smaller pond. 

Hanging with Japanese themed names for some reason. First 3 were "Horse1/2/3/ in Japanese and my latest and game goal hoss is the silver Turk I named Tachi-Kaze or "sword wind". This is the particular sound a sword makes through the air if swung with proper technique.  Seemed quite a dramatic name to me as compared to "horse 4". 😁

Edited by Traks1

"Tara's Scarlett," red chestnut Arabian, aka 'Red' ... because she can be 'Gone with the Wind'

"Jesse James" dappled grey Missouri Fox Trotter aka 'J.J.'.. Missouri's most famous outlaw, Jesse James, began his outlaw career with an 1866 bank robbery

"Cleburne" dark bay Turkoman, aka 'Bernie' ... An Ireland-born CSA general in the War Between the States; fought at Shiloh, Perryville, et al. Killed at the Battle of Franklin. Horse 'Dixie' killed at Perryville

"Zorro" black American Standardbred ...after the black-clad vigilante who rode a horse named Tornado

Last Empty Stall: Mare. Nokota or Thoroughbred, named 'Rhiannon,' mythical Welsh goddess of fertility and the moon. CANCELLED  I will buy a pamphlet before I pay $750 for a stall and Lord knows how much for insurance... 

[Story Mode Replay (3/1 start) "Thunder" dappled grey Ardennes... because he is massive and imposing, with all black legs and head; and he flat-out rumbles.]

Edited by Major Dammidge
Omitted word

22 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Turkoman female horse on rank 56 (now 52) with upgrade saddle/stirup  😀😀

Gerden trail saddle--upgraded-- is the best in the game according to the 'experts' and the hooded stirrups. My guy has stamina from hell and, while not as fast as my Missouri Fox Trotter can escape or catch about anybody in the game 👍

2 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

Gerden trail saddle--upgraded-- is the best in the game according to the 'experts' and the hooded stirrups. My guy has stamina from hell and, while not as fast as my Missouri Fox Trotter can escape or catch about anybody in the game 👍

Thx. Go for it🐴👍

Btw: "Do you know in which stable you get a refund for your old horse??"

Edited by Herta47

On 2/21/2019 at 9:01 PM, peppino79 said:

@peppino79 You have to decide whether you want to part with cash or gold when you consider the following options. Stamina was a very important consideration in my selections.

Reveal hidden contents

According to the experts in the game

guides, after the Arabian (rated Superior): 

RATED A; *****Turkoman silver or gold ****Ardennes Strawberry Roan or Andalusian Rose Grey ***Missouri Fox Trotter either-- you can use the Gerden Trail Saddle and hooded stirrups to make this equivalent through the Ardennes and Andalusian 

RATED B-- and on a budget, this is what I would do--because of levels--to get one earlier, using saddle and stirrups upgrades: *****DUTCH WARMBLOOD Chocolate Roan (in the story game I namedto mine Cocoa and he was awesome) ****AMERICAN PAINT Grey Overo MUSTANG Tiger Striped Bay ***HUNGARIAN HALF BRED dapple dark grey [Rating system based on: Health Stamina Speed Acceleration]

today I have reached level 54. I immediately bought a female  Dutch  warm-blood, spending almost all my gold. her name is  greta and she's  awesome ! 

I have yet to raise the level to buy a good saddle. patience, I'll wait ...

7 hours ago, peppino79 said:

today I have reached level 54. I immediately bought a female  Dutch  warm-blood, spending almost all my gold. her name is  greta and she's  awesome ! 

I have yet to raise the level to buy a good saddle. patience, I'll wait ...

Well done bro, bet you can't wait for explosive ammo.

Since I am here to answer Pepe, I hope Oz won't mind. It's level 90 mate 😕. 84 for explosive slugs. The ten R* gave me as a freebie are being held back for those "special" people that don't know when to mind their own business.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Traks1 said:

Since I am here to answer Pepe, I hope Oz won't mind. It's level 90 mate 😕. 84 for explosive slugs. The ten R* gave me as a freebie are being held back for those "special" people that don't know when to mind their own business.

I'm level 55 yet. it's a distant goal ...

On 1/17/2019 at 7:15 AM, Syrens said:

I'm only 15% into the story so only gots me 1 horse, but she's called 'Horse'  I'm not the most inventive when it's very 'on the spot' decisions.

HA! Same here. I mean, I don't know what to name these things. I have Horse, Horse 2, and Horse 3. lol Can we change the names?