I reported a Grefer and made the mistake of messaging him and letting him know, and now he retaliated against me and I am banned from Xbox live for three days.

Stvnbgo

5 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Does the dead eye extension work like it does in story mode? Split points almost doubled my dead eye time in story. From what I remember the damage was  almost the same as express as well.

Don't know. Never used split points in either SP or online.

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Didn't notice you were a mod now, congratulations!

This has been one of my favorite sites and the community in general here has been great.  .....so when I was asked, I figured I wouldn't mind pitching in a bit where I can help. 

3 hours ago, madfretter said:

Gotcha. typical toolbag. He probably lied and said you were sending offensive msgs or said offensive stuff in chat, Did you get rdr banned or xbox banned? You should have gotten an email saying what the ban was for.

It was an MS ban to this Live account.  I suspect the response the instigator received from the OP may have been a little heated and that was enough for MS to act.  They are only seeing one side of the story since they don't see the reports made with the in-game reporting tool.  ....just the reaction in MS messaging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

It was an MS ban to this Live account.  I suspect the response the instigator received from the OP may have been a little heated and that was enough for MS to act.  They are only seeing one side of the story since they don't see the reports made with the in-game reporting tool.  ....just the reaction in MS messaging.

Yea, that sounds about right.  Would would think that before they ban someone they would look to see if the accused has a report against the accuser.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Hey hombre my advice is to expand your posse.

image.jpeg.a6f938de069182e7bc44b1565ce5406b.jpeg

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Always kill the horse when you deal with players with that perk.

That's just how I roll when I play online anyways, including NPCs.  I white-hatted the story mode, but I'm going to be blacker than Vader online.

Just now, madfretter said:

Yea, that sounds about right.  Would would think that before they ban someone they would look to see if the accused has a report against the accuser.

I don't even know if they are privy to the information since it goes to R*.  .....but depending on what was in the message, that alone could have warranted action regardless.  

I understand the OPs frustration and hate to see him banned for voicing his disapproval to them, but messaging the troll was a big mistake.  

Just now, BropolloCreed79 said:

That's just how I roll when I play online anyways, including NPCs.  I white-hatted the story mode, but I'm going to be blacker than Vader online.

Me too when dealing with trolls.  ......but it's out of spite more than anything.  .....and when I want to make a quick get away. ;)

Had this happen to me with a troll last night who was tracking me.  I finally had enough, stopped and then killed him.  .....and his horse.  I put a lot of distance between him and myself but he kept coming from a distance (slowly but surely likely to make me feel as though there was no threat).  I was about ready to log off for the night anyhow so I led him along for while and made him think I didn't notice.  He made a final sprint toward my location and then I logged out.   

I love the phone app btw.  You can see these trolls coming from a mile away without having to open the big map on the screen.

10 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I don't even know if they are privy to the information since it goes to R*.  .....but depending on what was in the message, that alone could have warranted action regardless.  

I understand the OPs frustration and hate to see him banned for voicing his disapproval to them, but messaging the troll was a big mistake.  

Yup. That never works in your favor.  Block, report, move on.

22 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I'm pissed because I went to download the app and it says my device isn't compatible with the app. I have a Galaxy J7.

I had the same problem with my old Android phone.  The OS was too old.  

Turns out however that I bought a new phone since my old battery was finally acting up after 4 years.  Now I can run the RDR2 app.  :)  Makes a big difference now when playing.  

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I had the same problem with my old Android phone.  The OS was too old.  

Turns out however that I bought a new phone since my old battery was finally acting up after 4 years.  Now I can run the RDR2 app.  :)  Makes a big difference now when playing.  

I've had this phone for a couple of months now. It's my first real foray into the smartphone world after resisting it for as long as I could. I didn't want a brand new wicked expensive phone. Figured an older cheaper model would do me just fine and it has. Just sucks that it's harder to run newer stuff with it.

48 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I've had this phone for a couple of months now. It's my first real foray into the smartphone world after resisting it for as long as I could. I didn't want a brand new wicked expensive phone. Figured an older cheaper model would do me just fine and it has. Just sucks that it's harder to run newer stuff with it.

Yeah, it sucks that they require one of latest OS's for their app to run.  

I would kept my old phone if you wasn't for the battery acting up.  I still will keep it as a backup after I replace the battery myself.  I just didn't want to attempt it and then break something leaving me without a device.  

Also, I got a great deal on my new, unlocked phone through Amazon.  $120 less than it was on Verizon plus a 2000 mAh battery mod for free ($40 value).  ....it's a Moto Z3 where you can attach mods to the back of it (magnetized).  I stopped paying for phones on plans long ago.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:18 AM, Stvnbgo said:

Online is supposed to be either you can roam by yourself, or with the posse. do missions, side missions, and, or PVP lobbies. What it is not is.. it is not cod, it is not a PVP free for all. It’s supposed to be like the story, but you can play with your friend. Currently you cannot go hunting alone, or fishing alone, because a Grefer will come out of nowhere and just take you out.

Well I think Rockstar should have anticipated this and the areas where there wasn't supposed to be human vs human fighting should have been set so no damage could be done.

I forgot to mention my first few minutes in online awhile back were like this.  I was riding through St. Denis greeting people along the way when I came upon a group of humans.  They were surrounding another couple of humans who had hog-tied another and had placed him on the train tracks.  As I was riding by this, taking it all in, another human came by, pulled me off my horse, hog-tied me and tried to put me on the tracks.  Yet another human shoots and kills the guy holding me, unties me, and then rides off.  Being my first taste of online I just figured this was how it was going to go.

Based on what you said online is supposed to be I understand now why there's so much negativity toward the griefers.  It'll be interesting to see how they "fix it".

2 hours ago, Force58 said:

Well I think Rockstar should have anticipated this and the areas where there wasn't supposed to be human vs human fighting should have been set so no damage could be done.

I forgot to mention my first few minutes in online awhile back were like this.  I was riding through St. Denis greeting people along the way when I came upon a group of humans.  They were surrounding another couple of humans who had hog-tied another and had placed him on the train tracks.  As I was riding by this, taking it all in, another human came by, pulled me off my horse, hog-tied me and tried to put me on the tracks.  Yet another human shoots and kills the guy holding me, unties me, and then rides off.  Being my first taste of online I just figured this was how it was going to go.

Based on what you said online is supposed to be I understand now why there's so much negativity toward the griefers.  It'll be interesting to see how they "fix it".

I think it's apparent that R* is dead set on blending PvP and PvE together in their games.  I don't think RDO will ever truly be a PvE experience unless they introduce private sessions. However, I also believe R* wants to take a different tack with RDO in the sense of how far they are going to allow trolls to grief unwilling victims in this game.  

Frankly, I don't think the fixes they have announced will actually get us to the point where everyone is satisfied that griefing has been addressed.  Quite honestly, while I thought it was a great idea before, I am now having reservations about the proximity blips.  As it is, I can currently see everyone on the map so I know the places to avoid.  With proximity blips, griefers will have a level of anonymity too.  .....at least until they start killing people.  

Watching your back will be even more difficult.  I like the marking idea for griefers but still not sure on the while proximity idea.  I guess we'll have to see how that works out.  IMO, I think trolls may use this to some sort of advantage at least in the beginning since the marking of trolls will be implemented after the proximity change according to the update:

Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Vaderspupil said:

I've got slow and steady and I've got it equipped. I'm going to make never without one my next purchase.

Tried out the combo of slow and steady, unblinking eye, eye for an eye and come back stronger against several gang hideouts over the weekend. It was so much fun to be able to practically stand out in the open and absorb bullets left and right while in dead eye and keep it going with headshot after headshot. Also tried never without one as well when a friend and I got into a shootout with 2 other players. It did alright, but it's a pain to try to scramble back on your horse to replace your hat every time it gets blown off. 

We all get griefed, they are the bain of the game.

I feel your pain , it really gets to you when you are enjoying the game... They feed off your anger... I get annoyed when I'm grinding & lose all my pelts and carcass cos of these fools.

The best way to get the better of them is to do & say nothing, take away their power & the sick choice of enjoyment. Hopefully R* will do something sooner than later. Until then I'd switch lobbies or join a story mission & chill out, then go into Free Roam.