NOT getting paid!!!

Makaveli

Hi all my bro notice and told me that when u sell ur stuff to the butcher some item,s u dont get ur cash  and they will be gone from ur horse or satchel it just kind of freeze and u dont get any $$$ i say i must have lost over 1000$ and didt notice just thought i didt harvest as much as i thought i did

They seem to still be having all kinds of issues with the economy and interacting with certain(maybe all, at times) NPCs, which seem to have gotten worse after this Gun Rush update.

Just these past days, I noticed that the rewards for story missions are messed up, had a run where we did it quick and without any deaths, and the reward was something like $0.42.  Even when the highest payout was less than $10, I never got paid so little, even when we messed up and had to restart like a dozen times.

Edited by KRooKeD KRoW

Anyone else noticing this with other items? I did notice this with pelts right away but just general goods, I will sell them and not see any money appear on my account. Sometimes it will show up the next day but most of the time, it just isn't being awarded to me. 

15 hours ago, Makaveli said:

Hi all my bro notice and told me that when u sell ur stuff to the butcher some item,s u dont get ur cash  and they will be gone from ur horse or satchel it just kind of freeze and u dont get any $$$ i say i must have lost over 1000$ and didt notice just thought i didt harvest as much as i thought i did

I've had this happen. Few things I've found that help:

-Don't spam the sell button, sell slowly

-sell carcasses first

- back out and go back in to the butchers menu when you have a ton of stuff to sell

- always use the sell all option.

18 minutes ago, Samplemygravy said:

Pretty sure you are still getting the money. Make sure you are paying attention to amounts. I’ve seen this and I know I still got paid

I've had this happen to me, it's weird. You click the item to sell, it makes a sound like it sold, but is still in your inventory. It makes a thud type noise when you click it again, then it might disappear. Usually I have to back out of the menu before it disappears. I've gotten in the habit of selling one item/stack at a time and reloading the butchers menu. I notice this happens more when you leave items to sell  in your inventory when you log off.

Edited by madfretter

3 hours ago, Samplemygravy said:

Pretty sure you are still getting the money. Make sure you are paying attention to amounts. I’ve seen this and I know I still got paid

Nope.  I have been paying attention to the amounts provided and when I click on some pelts it simply does nothing.  Once I click on an item that I can sell, the items that did nothing will then disappear.

2 hours ago, Mark4407 said:

Go thru the sale slowly waiting for payment to show on screen, if one item does not sell move onto the next and come back to those awkward one last, they usually sell then

Tried that and it doesn't work.  .....at least I my case. As soon as the next item sells, the ones that didn't will simply disappear with no cash value added to your funds.

20 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Tried that and it doesn't work.  .....at least I my case. As soon as the next item sells, the ones that didn't will simply disappear with no cash value added to your funds.

Oh dear maybe i need to look closer at my sales 

22 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

Noticed this last night as well, I wonder how long it's been going on.

Sorry guys but butcher issues are here since Day 1....

The "good news" is R* already improved it few times (from what we noticed with my friends).

When they released the beta, nearly all pelts were disapearing at the butcher, now it seems to concern only few of them (boar/sheep/deer mainly).

All meats, feathers and carcasses are working well now.

I would advise you to principally hunt birds while R* is fixing the remaining butcher issues, it's the most lucrative way of hunting, from my point, and there no risk of loosing it.

You can quickly and easily earn +100$ each time you go hunting birds, especially with exotic feathers (1,50$ to 1,95$ per feather, depending on the bird) and with varmint riffle you get most of the time 3 feathers on each bird.  It goes fast.

Edited by Maniglt
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Maniglt said:

Sorry guys but butcher issues are here since Day 1....

The "good news" is R* already improved it few times (from what we noticed with my friends).

When they released the beta, nearly all pelts were disapearing at the butcher, now it seems to concern only few of them (boar/sheep/deer mainly).

All meats, feathers and carcasses are working well now.

I would advise you to principally hunt birds while R* is fixing the remaining butcher issues, it's the most lucrative way of hunting, from my point, and there no risk of loosing it.

You can quickly and easily earn +100$ each time you go hunting birds, especially with exotic feathers (1,50$ to 1,95$ per feather, depending on the bird) and with varmint riffle you get most of the time 3 feathers on each bird.  It goes fast.

You're right, it has been going on since day one at least with myself and my friends I've talked to about it.

However, although I won't get paid for some skins, I still do however hunt elk, deer or whatever else I can get in my sights.  I still get paid for some of them but I always get paid for the meat, antlers, claws, wolf hearts, scent sacks, etc.  In fact, meat can pull in a tidy sum and given the fact that skins are hit and miss I won't bother most times even worrying about the condition.  I prefer the quantity over quality approach and try to take down herds.

Birds do bring in quite a bit for me as well though especially Condors in the New Austin area.

18 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

You're right, it has been going on since day one at least with myself and my friends I've talked to about it.

However, although I won't get paid for some skins, I still do however hunt elk, deer or whatever else I can get in my sights.  I still get paid for some of them but I always get paid for the meat, antlers, claws, wolf hearts, scent sacks, etc.  In fact, meat can pull in a tidy sum and given the fact that skins are hit and miss I won't bother most times even worrying about the condition.  I prefer the quantity over quality approach and try to take down herds.

Birds do bring in quite a bit for me as well though especially Condors in the New Austin area.

Ok i got your point, interesting approach to look after quantity rather than quality. I will try it and see how it works!

The only thing that discourage me is I noticed that the more pelts you have to sell, the more issue you will get with it. I generally don't have problem if i keep only 2-3 skins max from each animal, and no more than 10 skins in total (so if i encounter an animal which isn't perfect, i don't hunt or cut it. I keep only the perfect ones).

Fully agree about Condors in New Austin, i like to go there as well.

My favourite area for birds remain north of St Denis, there are plenty of exotic birds that have different feathers, then you can stock a lot.

Carcasses are ok as well, for example 4$ each for a roseite spoonbill, and you can bring 2x on your hose.

Obviously, Guarma is also a perfect place to hunt exotic birds, and they seems to spawn everywhere with superior numbers.

By the way If someone is interested in going back there (yes in Online), just ask me :)

Edited by Maniglt
  • Like 1

Go ahead and kill as many larger animals as you like simply for the meat value and other items but yes. carrying over 4 pelts will cause you to forfeit payment for the majority. Deer skins are always the one that bugs out if you have a wide variety of pelts on your horse. Stick to birds and small game (spoonbills, and muskrats/rabbits) and after 4 pelts of larger animals stop storing them on your horse.

• Like 1

Bluewater Marsh as well as the shoreline west of Rhodes are both areas rich with the types of birds worth killing for the feathers. I.e. pelicans, loons,  spoon bills, herons, cormorants, hawks and owls...all of which who's feathers range from $1.20 ea - $1.95 ea with ability to carry up to 10 at a time. Plus the shoreline also supports small and largemouth bass worth $2ea and Steelhead trout worth $2.50ea.  All of which cannot be taken from you upon your death by griefers.

These areas also have Muskrats and Rabbits.

The marsh holds gators for big game meat and wild mint to fortify health with as well

The shore has the occasional cougar and Ginseng/Tobacco. Plus a gang hideout that spawns. Great areas.

• Like 1

I typically sell smaller stacks of pelts and other items just to ensure I am getting my money. I noticed when I sold a big stack of pelts, the money was in my account but then it vanished. I haven't had any issues since doing smaller sales.