New balancing

Ragee503

Just wondering if r* has implemented any of there griever balancing yet and if so how is it working? I haven’t been playing online since the announcement.  The current state of this sht show isn’t any fun in my book. I don’t do pvp I suck at it. Just curious if it is working.

1 hour ago, Ragee503 said:

Just wondering if r* has implemented any of there griever balancing yet and if so how is it working? I haven’t been playing online since the announcement.  The current state of this sht show isn’t any fun in my book. I don’t do pvp I suck at it. Just curious if it is working.

When I logged in early this morning, it was the same crap show it's always been in terms of griefing.

Rockstar has implemented nothing to fix issues in the area of griefing as of yet, so you might want to hold out a bit longer.

I also hate PvP so I basically log in just to do the quick roam missions. Even doing that, I'm liable to get plugged by some griefer while going from mission to mission.

As a PvEer, the game is still a mess in that area.

25 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

You shouldn't let griefers stop you from trying PvP.  With the right group it can be fun.  Griefing wouldn't have to be apart of it.

I agree with you there I used to go out in free roam in gta5 and give air support for people doing setup missions for the doomsday heist but I am a level 450 there and I have all the toys. But I am level 13 here and don't want to do the grinding in open lobby. Just my preference.  Besides I only did that for grins and to play with new toys.  I prefer playing content and with friends in invite only sessions.

2 hours ago, Ragee503 said:

Can't balance griefing..   Since when you say griefing you mean "Players attacking you'.   

Go play the pvp modes and learn how to fight players.   You may suck now.  But after a few hours of being stuck in a tornado of players all killing each.  Once you get back to free roam.   ONE or a few players attacking you will seem like nothing.

Level up to be able to buy all the ability cards. (lvl 50)  Max out the defensive and offensive cards.  Swap cards on the fly to suit the situation you're in.  

You either learn how to pvp.. or get dusted.  That's the law of the land.     Also strength in numbers, so posse up with players.

I wouldn't hold my breath on R* doing much about hostile players beyond distracting them or make it harder to find you..   Your best hope is to ask R* for Private lobbies or Friendly lobbies.

Edited by HuDawg

15 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Can't balance griefing..   Since when you say griefing you mean "Players attacking you'.   

Go play the pvp modes and learn how to fight players.   You may suck now.  But after a few hours of being stuck in a tornado of players all killing each.  Once you get back to free roam.   ONE or a few players attacking you will seem like nothing.

Level up to be able to buy all the ability cards. (lvl 50)  Max out the defensive and offensive cards.  Swap cards on the fly to suit the situation you're in.  

You either learn how to pvp.. or get dusted.  That's the law of the land.     Also strength in numbers, so posse up with players.

I wouldn't hold my breath on R* doing much about hostile players beyond distracting them or make it harder to find you..   Your best hope is to ask R* for Private lobbies or Friendly lobbies.

Glad that all works for you but that's just not my game. Violates basic rule. If game isn't fun then don't play it. If r* doesn't make it good for pve type players they will just move on.  Up to them I guess. I have gave them my opinion on suggestions but if it doesn't change I will move on after finishing story mission.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

Glad that all works for you but that's just not my game. Violates basic rule. If game isn't fun then don't play it. If r* doesn't make it good for pve type players they will just move on.  Up to them I guess. I have gave them my opinion on suggestions but if it doesn't change I will move on after finishing story mission.

Well..  I kind of feel the same about the fun..  But it has nothing do with griefers and more to do with lack of Free Aim lobbies and Private lobbies.

If only this game was made by a Billion Dollar game dev.    They could probably muster enough time to add those basic features...     

2 hours ago, Ragee503 said:

In answer to your question.....

No, R* hasn't yet implemented the new anti-griefing measures they discussed (e.g. proximity based blips, new bounty system, etc.). 

I agree with Yoda though.  .....you shouldn't let the threat of griefers discourage you from playing RDO.  Also, trolling is not the same here as it is in GTA.  You can usually see them coming especially if you use the phone app.

I would encourage you to find a group of players to team up with.  It's a lot more fun and griefers are not as much of a nuisance.  

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/clubs/

16 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

In answer to your question.....

No, R* hasn't yet implemented the new anti-griefing measures they discussed (e.g. proximity based blips, new bounty system, etc.). 

I agree with Yoda though.  .....you shouldn't let the threat of griefers discourage you from playing RDO.  Also, trolling is not the same here as it is in GTA.  You can usually see them coming especially if you use the phone app.

I would encourage you to find a group of players to team up with.  It's a lot more fun and griefers are not as much of a nuisance.  

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/clubs/

Thanks for answer. I did play once with a couple of friends and it was ok for awhile but I really feel like I am forced to play the game on everyone else’s terms and to hell with the way I want to play. That just doesn’t go down right. 

Right now it feels like I am driving a school buss full of middle schoolers who are throwing crap at me, grabbing steering wheel and just anything to make buss wreck. Just not fun.

I don’t mind playing with true pvp people because usually they don’t just mess with you for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

f r* doesn't make it good for pve type players they will just move on.

To Anthem in February or The Division 2 in March.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

They could probably muster enough time to add those basic features...     

We won't see them until near the end of Beta, just because our tears taste delicious to them.

24 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

I don’t mind playing with true pvp people because usually they don’t just mess with you for no reason.

Excellent point which gets to the heart of the matter for a lot of players who aren't keen on the PvP free roam mode: every single mode of RDRO is built around PvP, and there is no dedicated PvE scenario or game mode.  Everything outside of free roam is strictly PvP, leaving PvE players or players who prefer cooperative MMO-style play out in the proverbial cold.

R* doesn't owe the player base a dedicated PvE mode, but it would behoove them to make the status a toggle in Free Roam with a 60-second cooldown once the player is no longer in combat.  Literally everyone would get what they want, apart from griefers.  Literally nothing would change for anyone else.  If it's good enough for the most successful MMO in history (WoW) it should be good enough for RDRO.

• Like 2

Thanks for answer. I did play once with a couple of friends and it was ok for awhile but I really feel like I am forced to play the game on everyone else’s terms and to hell with the way I want to play. That just doesn’t go down right. 

Right now it feels like I am driving a school buss full of middle schoolers who are throwing crap at me, grabbing steering wheel and just anything to make buss wreck. Just not fun.

That is just part of the PvEvP world.  PvP players assume it's all about them and if you don't like can just quit playing.  They refuse to compromise or give an inch.  Rockstar can fix it, it's just a matter of will they and do it correctly.  

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

To Anthem in February or The Division 2 in March.

I haven't heard the latest on Anthem, what I have seen I wasn't impressed.  As for The Division 2, sounds like nothing really changed.  You get 3 DZs, but it sounds like players are still allowed to grief just like before, except for camping at spawn points.  Shoot they already got YouTubers calling for nerfs and the game isn't even out yet. :o  They seem to be hanging on every word of their favorite YouTubers and ignoring the players already.   hahahahaha.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

So you're saying it's being made by a gaming company?

It's being made by the same people who screwed up the 1st game.

Managed by the same people who let them screw up the 1st game and wouldn't allow them to actually fix it.

Being influenced by the same YouTubers that made suggestions that ruined the 1st game.

Meanwhile ignoring the populace who actually will be playing the sequel and that played the 1st game.  Just recently read in an article, they admitted to using 1st game for beta testing ideas that they used in the sequel.  That was the only reason that the game wasn't allowed to die after the 1st year, when they expected it to die.

21 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

That is just part of the PvEvP world.  PvP players assume it's all about them and if you don't like can just quit playing.  They refuse to compromise or give an inch.  Rockstar can fix it, it's just a matter of will they and do it correctly.  

This game is designed to be a FFA in free roam.    

PVP players don't assume its all about them and im not sure where you even get that idea.

Most players will easily agree with Private lobbies and Friendly lobbies to suit taste.  As long as the FFA stays FFA.   

PvEvP should allow a FFA, then again there should be balance.  Ignorance that that thinks there can be no balance is just being selfish.  Yes, PvP players do feel it's all about them.  You have stated yourself that any evolution brought to the game that would improve balance between PvE and PvP, would totally ruin the game for you.  Yet I am sure you could adapt and continue playing without any issues.  As long as it is done correctly. 

Once again, private or friendly lobbies could work to a certain point as long as PvE doesn't get punished for it.   According to Rockstars history alone has punish the same lobbies that you are so proud of punished those players by limiting access to missions.

Quite simply, FFA can still be FFA and be balanced.  Some are just to limited in their though process to accept change.