"Do you trust me?" - Roanoke area Stranger

Moosh89

I was exploring the Roanoke region when I happened upon a campsite just up on a small ridge by the roadside. I approached when I saw a well spoken traveler at a fairly intricate trapping camp. He had several rabbits strung up (which I could cut down if I wanted) and a few hides stretched out. We started chatting when he asked me if I could trust him. I responded positively when he went into a story of meeting different types of people and how his instincts reacted. He trusted me well enough, despite noting I very well may be a thief and a murderer. He asked me if I had ever heard of...

Spoiler

A pig farm with an odd brother and sister. He trusted them too. He followed the brother inside and he knew something was not right, but he stayed anyway.

He warned me to stay away. Of course I knew about it, I've read many posts and my brother experienced it too. I haven't checked it out yet but I'm curious if my encounter will be different now.

Thought it was neat, anyway,

No, it won’t be different. You’ll get just the same experience when you get there. There’s a set procedure to get the most out of that encounter, so you might want to read up about it first. 

Edited by Foxtrot
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, Foxtrot said:

No, it won’t be different. You’ll get just the same experience when you get there. There’s a set procedure to get the most out of that encounter, so you might want to read up about it first. 

why spoil it before you do it?  save the game first, do the encounter, then read up on it and go back to see what you missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

True. But then you end up spending many minutes loading and saving games before you do anything that looks as though it might be interesting. 

Personally, I don’t have the patience for that. 

me either.  I'm just playing it through, i'll look all this stuff up after finish the game and see if it's worth another play through to go check out what i may have missed.

Without reading the spoiler I've done the same.  Only on Chapter 2 and racked up hours of gameplay.  I'm still broke (feels like real life sometimes haha!) but I'm helping around the camp everyday, hunting for food, chopping wood, carrying the sacks, collecting bounties etc.  Dunno, I just feel doing this I'll get more from the game down the road, hell, I might get to the finale and 100% on that rather than backtracking and doing all the laborious side quests after the main story line.  I've always just done things like that.

Interesting.  I just had the same encounter with someone who spoke with a Spanish accent who told me his 'gut' warned him to stay away from that farm, and later on, someone else confirmed his gut feeling for him. 

Also, he didn't have rabbits, but he did have a perfect fox and a mallard.

9 hours ago, WPCatfish said:

Interesting.  I just had the same encounter with someone who spoke with a Spanish accent who told me his 'gut' warned him to stay away from that farm, and later on, someone else confirmed his gut feeling for him. 

Also, he didn't have rabbits, but he did have a perfect fox and a mallard.

My encounter sounds like the same NPC, just different camp setup