Why posse up? Lone Wolf is the way to MVP!

Dark Eco Wolf

Yeah its fun to get together and play some online Red Dead Redemption with friends but when it comes down to action. You have to worry about your friends as well. In the real Wild West every gang died mostly from getting shot! Its because they had to watch each others backs at all times and its hard enough to watch your own back when your a criminal! The way of the Lone Wolf is more simple because you just have to worry about yourself and you can have more focus! This leads to you winning more and living through more gun fights! Their is a possibility for two Lone Wolfs to come together and they can benefit off one another. Prime example is Butch Cassidy and The Sundance KId. They were partners but they had a packed if they had to leave behind one another they would. Since both of them were true Lone Wolfs they were never found! Here is some proof just in case you don't believe.https://www.history.com/news/the-mysterious-deaths-of-butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid

Being a Lone Wolf is the way to go. Lets see you find a gang of 3 or more that lived til old passing age. Cause I guarantee Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid did! For gaming proof I played 4 to 5 online Red Dead game modes  with my friends Kevinbacon77 and Joe (cant remember his gamertag) and I did alright. Then I played some games by myself and I could tell the difference! I was still playing with them but not on a team. The next game was most Wanted free for all and I went Lone Wolf crazy! I got 19 for 6 and MVP of the game! All with my trusty Double-barrel Shotgun! 

Thanks to all who read this and please comment, share, and lets get this forum going! I know theirs thousands of Lone Wolfs!

Share stories and videos!

This quote is from my GTAforums page. not meant for self promotion. Made for awesome conversation!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

This quote is from my GTAforums page. not meant for self promotion. Made for awesome conversation!

I feel the same way about playing RDO.  I need to give it more time once RS starts adding more to do in it.  The story you attached was fascinating and I never knew that angle of the demise of Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thank you force58! I love the old history of the Wild West and since Rockstar Games has come out with Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 its the closest too living the reality! I love these Games! It was pretty predictable they would add battle-royal. How about Gang Hideout Siege? where one team of 4-8 protect their base from another gang of 4-8? 

Then for a Lone Wolf type of game. Most Wanted Outlaw. where Its 1 outlaw against 4-8 Lawmen. Radar only shows players when shots are fired?

Should we get a pole going?

Edited by Dark Eco Wolf

Lone Wolves have nothing on a Wolf Pack...  But I do enjoy lone wolfing, as it means more people will attack me.

4 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

It was pretty predictable they would add battle-royal. How about Gang Hideout Siege? where one team of 4-8 protect their base from another gang of 4-8? 

Really wish R* would stop with the damn battle royal modes. 

I would love 4 vs 4.. or 8 vs 8 game modes.   Game modes where I PICK to play them and I can play it.

Why the hell does Gun Rush get its own game mode?   .. 

• Like 1

Did they not give us an option to choose what game modes to play because of server problems?

Really wish R* would stop with the damn battle royal modes. 

I would love 4 vs 4.. or 8 vs 8 game modes.   Game modes where I PICK to play them and I can play it.

Why the hell does Gun Rush get its own game mode?   .. 

I guess they hoped it would be their "next big thing". What happened to good ol' capture the flag?! They could also add one on one duels?

22 hours ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I wonder how many people actually Join Posse Up? Who wants to join a posse with unknown people?

Quite a few. If I leave my posse "open" , someone will pop in quick as hell. Sometimes I forget to make it "invite only". But you never know who your going to get in the Posse Up feature. You really are rolling the dice. 

You really are rolling the dice.

I made the same mistake leaving my posse option open as well and your right about people joining really fast. At the time three people joined me in just a few seconds, so I started a online story mission Kill Them, Each and Every One and guess what! They were all head strong fool blazing right into the action getting blow to pieces! After two retries they finally got the gist. 

23 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I made the same mistake leaving my posse option open as well and your right about people joining really fast. At the time three people joined me in just a few seconds, so I started a online story mission Kill Them, Each and Every One and guess what! They were all head strong fool blazing right into the action getting blow to pieces! After two retries they finally got the gist. 

Ha. I just kick them. A friend may be logging into the game, so I leave it open for him/her. Someone always seems to jump in before they can. Sometimes they get real pissed when you kick them and attempt to "grief" you. That never ends well for them. Some people take it really personal I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Ha. I just kick them. A friend may be logging into the game, so I leave it open for him/her. Someone always seems to jump in before they can. Sometimes they get real pissed when you kick them and attempt to "grief" you. That never ends well for them. Some people take it really personal I guess. 

Yup. I've had players kill me for kicking them out of my posse I accidentally left open. I'll just kill them right back tenfold.

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:31 AM, HuDawg said:

Lone Wolves have nothing on a Wolf Pack... 

I don't have to share the spoils of victory.  Like beer.  That's two big things, right there.

2 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

But you never know who your going to get in the Posse Up feature.

You know you'll never get "The Bro Show" in your posse.  I'd sooner trust Micah to cover my back than group with a bunch of Rando Calrissians.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I don't have to share the spoils of victory.  Like beer.  That's two big things, right there.

You know you'll never get "The Bro Show" in your posse.  I'd sooner trust Micah to cover my back than group with a bunch of Rando Calrissians.

That's exactly why I like to be a lone wolf. You either get a bunch of stormtroopers ready to get blasted or you get a few Landos with a han solo! 

Although I agree with the topic that lonewolf might be the way to MVP (as there aren't that many team based modes so you are on your own anyway), If at this point I would still be lonewolfing, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore. You are missing out on a lot of fun and also "getting to know" people through the game (partychat). It might not be what you are after, but running around solo gets boring way more quickly compared to a posse with frequently returning players. 

The only times I go solo is when I grind the hunting grounds for in game currency, for the rest I am always in a 4 to 7 posse. The griefing is more or less the same solo or posse mode, difference being that certain players in posse can start fights without your influence. In any case most serious players focus on efficient grinding (be it xp / gb / usd) and mix it up a bit with fun stuff. Naturally this depends on finding the right posse members.

Playing with a posse enhances my gamefun compared to solo play.

• Like 1

Lone wolf is fun, but taking over a server is the best (IMO). We had three 7-man posses running the other night in the same server and it was awesome. Everyone just grinding out missions and watching each others back. Going to try and lockdown a server completely so people can fight club , hunt/fish, or do missions without any worries.  

• Like 1

RDO way more fun with friends than alone.  Anyone can play solo but helping out friends, co-op'ing in missions and simply sharing the whole experience is much more rewarding IMO / IME. .....and I do mean friends, not randoms (that's a whole different story).

To be quite honest, playing with friends is probably the only thing still keeping me going right now with the lack of content.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

RDO way more fun with friends than alone.  Anyone can play solo but helping out friends, co-op'ing in missions and simply sharing the whole experience is much more rewarding IMO / IME. .....and I do mean friends, not randoms (that's a whole different story).

To be quite honest, playing with friends is probably the only thing still keeping me going right now with the lack of content.

Very true. I enjoy running with my friends laughing and having a good time. Also providing protection to lower level players in the group is satisfying. Easier to keep the wolves at bay when you have legit backup. If it wasn't for friends, I really don't know if I would be playing as much either. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Can only confirm. This is not only in RDR but also in multiple other games including GTA. When it comes to RDR, i can't think of many situations when i would rather play alone. I am playing with a larger group of people (not exactly friends but not random as well) and we usually run in posse of up to 7. This way, we can outnumber most of the hostile players we meet online and i can barely remember any missions we would have failed to finish. 

The most important part when playing with others that are not close friend is communication, coordination and organization but that's easy to come by with the communication tools we have at hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cadashka said:

Can only confirm. This is not only in RDR but also in multiple other games including GTA. When it comes to RDR, i can't think of many situations when i would rather play alone. I am playing with a larger group of people (not exactly friends but not random as well) and we usually run in posse of up to 7. This way, we can outnumber most of the hostile players we meet online and i can barely remember any missions we would have failed to finish. 

The most important part when playing with others that are not close friend is communication, coordination and organization but that's easy to come by with the communication tools we have at hand.

Yeah, most of the times I play alone is usually just to hunt/cook food and/or to sell goods for money.  ....sometimes for XP but not really anymore.  

20 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Playing with friend is the the main thing keeping me interested in RDO as well. Just trying to have fun doing random things! I'm waiting real patiently for more RDO story...

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I wonder how many people actually Join Posse Up? Who wants to join a posse with unknown people?

If I have no one on, I will join randoms.  Big issue most make no attempts to communicate and they make no attempts to coordinate.  They just do their thing and hope you follow along.

Down side is I am starting to run solo far too often.    Not much need to join co-op if you don't get to co-op.  I just hope more friends will come to the game or hope that those few I know start playing more when I am on.

Edited by YodaMan 3D

38 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

If I have no one on, I will join randoms.  Big issue most make no attempts to communicate and they make no attempts to coordinate.  They just do their thing and hope you follow along.

Down side is I am starting to run solo far too often.    Not much need to join co-op if you don't get to co-op.  I just hope more friends will come to the game or hope that those few I know start playing more when I am on.

Most of the people I use to game with are still logging crazy hours a week on Destiny 2. I just got burnt on the grind , in fighting among clan mates, mind numbing grind, etc. So I haven't touched it since last DLC. No one I knew played RDRO. I stumbled upon a great community of people and I feel that makes RDRO fun. Now I had run into a ton of annoying players that I ran with once and that was it. But when you find a good group of players, it makes all the difference IMO. It is amazing how much you get done when you have a group all on the same page. Much like Destiny 2 , being part of a good group of people makes a world of difference. Games like this are more fun with others. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

I usually lone wolf when not enough of my friends are on or they doing that story mission farming thing. I've always been capable of going alone and I do like it cuz I don't have to watch anyone but myself and I die less or get dragged into unnecessary situations when alone. Plus I like to hunt with just a bow and lasso, makes it more fun but sometimes takes more time and most people are impatient.

Just network well and I have a good 30+ people to run with when I choose to log at all hours. I've had some good belly hurtin laughs with the people I play with.

• Haha 1

Been playing with randoms, trying to network.  That has been a major fail.

Have added some from here.  Have had good times when we can get on together.  Yet RL interrupts with timing.

So it isn't like some don't try, just not all make the cut and worth the time.

It kinda just spread from one joining one posse. Their friends would join and I would get to know them and then their friends would join up and so on. Then the randoms I sometimes meet that are cool and it just keeps growing from there. Met a dude last night that was a friend of a friend, now we're friends.

I mean I get the irl thing. I work long hours and often on call for my job. so I only have like 8-10 hours out of a weekday that I can play (assuming I don't have anything else to do for the day). So that right there limits who I can play with. But as of right now (it's 11am), there's about 3-4 people online. At peak hours, there's as many as 20-22. Sucks you aren't on PS4, come join the ever growing family of weirdos I've found.