Option of putting off hand holster on your hip

WILD VIKING

The idea of a cross draw holster "normally" is that you can draw it with your dominant hand.  The idea behind carrying two side arms (e.g. one crossdraw and the other on the hip) is typically so the wearer has a backup that they can access (again) with their dominant hand to help keep them in the fight.  That's practical IMO.   ......the whole idea of dual wielding is not but then again, we're talking about RDR which isn't that serious about what's real vs. fun (Hollywood).  

Aside from all that, I agree that they should allow for various ways to wear you weapons.  I think it would be cool to mix it up and a way for people to express more individuality with their characters.  Maybe add two hip holsters, reversed/cross draw hip, shoulder holster, etc.  Probably too much work for them bother but perhaps worth it if they make some of the new setups Gold Bar exclusives.

Anyhow, just for kicks and giggles......   Here's a random video I found with someone demonstrating weak hand draw with a cross draw holster just to show that it can be done as an option if needed.

15 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Absolutely!   The animation for that front holster looks so awkward

Yeah, it was poorly done although IIRC if you choose to holster while dual wielding using the "fancy" option (double click), it will show you holstering a similar way like in the video which I thought was cool the first time I saw.  .....but when you just normally draw or holster while dual wielding, it's awful.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The idea of a cross draw holster "normally" is that you can draw it with your dominant hand.  The idea behind carrying two side arms (e.g. one crossdraw and the other on the hip) is typically so the wearer has a backup that they can access (again) with their dominant hand to help keep them in the fight.  That's practical IMO.   ......the whole idea of dual wielding is not but then again, we're talking about RDR which isn't that serious about what's real vs. fun (Hollywood).  

Aside from all that, I agree that they should allow for various ways to wear you weapons.  I think it would be cool to mix it up and a way for people to express more individuality with their characters.  Maybe add two hip holsters, reversed/cross draw hip, shoulder holster, etc.  Probably too much work for them bother but perhaps worth it if they make some of the new setups Gold Bar exclusives.

Anyhow, just for kicks and giggles......   Here's a random video I found with someone demonstrating weak hand draw with a cross draw holster just to show that it can be done as an option if needed.

Yeah, it was poorly done although IIRC if you choose to holster while dual wielding using the "fancy" option (double click), it will show you holstering a similar way like in the video which I thought was cool the first time I saw.  .....but when you just normally draw or holster while dual wielding, it's awful.

YEa, at first I thought the same. Now it gives me a headache, lol.

It doesn't bother me as much as it should, which is odd, because normally I'm a stickler for these things.

Maybe it's because 80% of the time I'm staring at Arthur's butt in third-person mode, so the holster isn't in my field of vision.

Maybe it's because 80% of the time I'm three sheets to the wind when I'm playing (High West Double Rye if you're keeping score at home).

• Haha 1

I'm expecting (hoping?) that double hip holsters will appear as new content down the line. It can't be too hard to implement, and is only cosmetic, with no gameplay consequences.  

At the very least, I wish there was an option to remove your crossdraw holster. One of my outfits would look much better without it. I'm prepared to take the hit on functionality, but it is the one option that you can't take off in wardrobe, like your boots or gloves, for example.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

I'm expecting (hoping?) that double hip holsters will appear as new content down the line. It can't be too hard to implement, and is only cosmetic, with no gameplay consequences.  

At the very least, I wish there was an option to remove your crossdraw holster. One of my outfits would look much better without it. I'm prepared to take the hit on functionality, but it is the one option that you can't take off in wardrobe, like your boots or gloves, for example.

I want to see a 2 cross holster  set up....lol

7 hours ago, WILD VIKING said:

Would love to have my holsters on my hips real cowboy style.  Would like the option of changing it to the hip.

Actually, they are closer to being real cowboy style as they are now.  That isn't your real argument, you want them like they do it on TV or in the movies.  

I agree with OP i would like to see gun on each hip, also cool video but id like to see him draw and hit a target it just look's like the gun's gone off before it's aimed 

Peace

just watched it again with volume on so sorry my post is totally wrong 🤐

Edited by Guest
correction

52 minutes ago, ZombieFeet said:

I agree with OP i would like to see gun on each hip, also cool video but id like to see him draw and hit a target it just look's like the gun's gone off before it's aimed 

Peace

just watched it again with volume on so sorry my post is totally wrong 🤐

Who knows about the dude in the video.  He may not be able to hit crap with his right hand either.  ;) I know I can't really hit much with my left / weak hand but then again, I don't really train for it like some folks do.

7 hours ago, WILD VIKING said:

Yes Yodaman thats why i said options .every person likes its own style. Dutch got two ways of dying on his hips. Thats where i saw it  and looks really good. So yeah man you like the current style thats cool. 

I liked it with them on the hips as well.  Grew up playing games where that was how you wore your guns.  Just history lessons have taught me, not everything on TV or in the movies are accurate.  Usually, those who wore guns on the hip didn't live to be old gunfighters.  The ones who wore them slightly tilted and across the body was real gunfighters.