Radley's House - Lockbox in Cupboard

I'm still currently in Chapter 2, but my next mission will put me in Chapter 3 - I've explored a bit and am able to get into Radley's House in Rhodes. When using Eagle Eye, I can see a red lockbox inside the cupboard in the kitchen, but I can't seem to access it. I've tried shooting the glass door but it only shatters it and the prompt to Open Cabinet only opens the bottom cabinet. Has anyone gotten into it? and if so, when?

(photo of cupboard has the glowing lockbox behind the shattered glass)

e6394b00-240d-11e9-a651-0665a112c508.jpg

Radley's House Unreachable Lockbox.jpg

I don’t think it’s a loot box, it’s just a box in the cupboard. 

This house forms part of a story mission, but I don’t think that cupboard has anything to do with anything. 

50 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

I don’t think it’s a loot box, it’s just a box in the cupboard. 

This house forms part of a story mission, but I don’t think that cupboard has anything to do with anything. 

i never found a way to get that box either during hte mission.  Dynamite didn't knock it out of the cupboard, i think it's just glitched.

It's also there, and glowing in Eagle Eye in multiplayer.

Knowing I can't get into it... REALLY makes me want to get into it lol. My luck it will be like those wagons in camps with glowing chests that you have to fight to climb into that are empty

• 1 year later...

I shot the lid off the tin and flipped it on it’s side just by continually shooting at the right angles through holes I made with dynamite in the cabinet glass then put it on eagle eye and looked inside the cabinet doors. There was nothing that I could see coming out of the tin. So don’t worry to much about it. Your not missing anything.

• 3 months later...

I think these things are there just to trigger people. That is a very Rock* thing to do so not far fetched what so ever. There are so many things gamers overlook/look past in games these days and the devs only care about online versions of the games since they make more money after you buy the regular game for online play. We need to form a game dev boycott group to force the devs to pony up and get the base game issues/bugs/glitches etc worked out just like they do for online gameplay. We can agree on a platform or even what to eat for lunch so I doubt the movement would do great, but if someone forms the group how many of you would join in? 

2 hours ago, bigleague0 said:

I think these things are there just to trigger people. That is a very Rock* thing to do so not far fetched what so ever. There are so many things gamers overlook/look past in games these days and the devs only care about online versions of the games since they make more money after you buy the regular game for online play. We need to form a game dev boycott group to force the devs to pony up and get the base game issues/bugs/glitches etc worked out just like they do for online gameplay. We can agree on a platform or even what to eat for lunch so I doubt the movement would do great, but if someone forms the group how many of you would join in? 

This is a two year old discussion but I think @Foxtrotwas right that it's just an object that has nothing to do with anything except for simply being part of the game world like a chair, etc.  It seems you're trying to find "triggers" where none exist.  

As far as game companies only worrying about online, you couldn't have picked a worse example IMO / IME.  R* is one of the few who actually doubled down on their commitment to creating full, rich, single player campaigns when many others were stepping away or even abandoning them all together.  Some studios found out the hard way about the interest in SP modes as they have found their way back. 

RDR2 was a very long, complete campaign with an immense amount of detail and depth.  Personally, I ran into very few bugs in the story mode and those that I did were not what I would consider game breaking. I know those on PC which released much later had a rougher time though.

In regard to joining a movement, I have to ask, to what end?  RDR2 released 2 1/2 years ago and a year after that on PC.  It was a huge success for R*.  What exactly do you think a boycott will accomplish with this game at this point and with this much success?  Sorry, I can't say that I (for one) am with you on this fight because first, I played the campaign over two years ago and second, I enjoyed the hell out of it. 

......I'm actually looking forward to a possible remaster on next gen of RDR2 as well as the one planned for GTAV/O.

.....to add to what I said earlier, Take Two recently confirmed their commitment to single player in their games:

"The folks at Rockstar Games intended to create a powerful single-player experience and a story-driven experience... and then developed in addition, a massive multiplayer opportunity over the past years."

"There was an argument just a couple of years ago, not around here, not in this shop, but in some of our competitors' offices, that single-player is dead, that it's all about multiplayer. We didn't believe that. I said specifically and publicly that we didn't believe that, our labels don't believe that".

Sseems you're trying to boycott one of the few game developers that felt so strongly about single player experiences when everyone else didn't. .....and that hasn't changed now that some of those others have made the shift back realizing their error.

21 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

......I'm actually looking forward to a possible remaster on next gen of RDR2 as well as the one planned for GTAV/O.

If you think the PS5 remaster of GTA V looks great, you just wait for the PS10 version!