DLC

Makaveli

When are we getting a new DLC we all can barely play rdr2 now without getting bored within 1 hour or 2 I myself have 160 gold bars $11500 and if a new DLC drops i know i probably have enough to buy what i want so i dont have to work to get it and be bored of running around doing stuff i know on gta5 the best part of the game for me was trying to scrape up the cash 2 buy what i wanted so i think rockstar needs to be ahead of us so they can give us something to always be working for  i would like to see a lot more to do in free roam even just bring in some more missions might help for now... feel free to join my posse Irish Rebels Outlaws

Edited by Makaveli

1 hour ago, Makaveli said:

When are we getting a new DLC we all can barely play rdr2 now without getting bored within 1 hour or 2 I myself have 160 gold bars $11500 and if a new DLC drops i know i probably have enough to buy what i want so i dont have to work to get it and be bored of running around doing stuff i know on gta5 the best part of the game for me was trying to scrape up the cash 2 buy what i wanted so i think rockstar needs to be ahead of us so they can give us something to always be working for  i would like to see a lot more to do in free roam even just bring in some more missions might help for now... feel free to join my posse Irish Rebels Outlaws

Some have already walked from the game.  Even if they add anything, those players comeback they may be seeing the carrot way to far out from the horse.  I would speculate that if they dangle that carrot too far, that unlike you they aren't prepared for playing and paying.  So it really matters what they do to keep players interested.  Sounds like you busted your hump to be in a good place and be ready.  To some they wasn't given enough to do in the beginning to stay grinding.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Some have already walked from the game.  Even if they add anything, those players comeback they may be seeing the carrot way to far out from the horse.  I would speculate that if they dangle that carrot too far, that unlike you they aren't prepared for playing and paying.  So it really matters what they do to keep players interested.  Sounds like you busted your hump to be in a good place and be ready.  To some they wasn't given enough to do in the beginning to stay grinding.

You describe my experience perfectly.  I played for 6-8 again on Wed-Thu last week and tried to level myself up more and bank more cash.  Leveling takes way longer than it should in my estimation.  When I log into a mission there's a 1 in 3 chance it'll bounce me to the dashboard.  Hunting and fishing don't pay enough, again, for me.  I'm too low a level to buy anything anyway.  I haven't figured out a sure fire way to level up faster, but to do that means boredom.  I'm definitely in the "wait for something substantial to drop" before I give online much more of my time.

2 hours ago, Makaveli said:

There is no date for the release of the new title update.  This is the latest information we have:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60828/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update-Jan-25-2019

Ever thought about putting the game away for a while and revisiting it later?  You can always stay in touch here and follow R* through Twitter, etc. so you'll be notified when there is more news.  I may do the same myself at some point.  As it is, I haven't played the game in the last couple days or more and depending on the state of RDO in March, I may end up moving to the Division 2 for a little while until a meaningful update comes along during this beta.  I usually have 2-3 titles at a time that I will dabble in.  Hell, I still play GTAVO after all these years.    

22 minutes ago, Force58 said:

You describe my experience perfectly.  I played for 6-8 again on Wed-Thu last week and tried to level myself up more and bank more cash.  Leveling takes way longer than it should in my estimation.  When I log into a mission there's a 1 in 3 chance it'll bounce me to the dashboard.  Hunting and fishing don't pay enough, again, for me.  I'm too low a level to buy anything anyway.  I haven't figured out a sure fire way to level up faster, but to do that means boredom.  I'm definitely in the "wait for something substantial to drop" before I give online much more of my time.

Doing missions a certain way can help with money and or xp.  Slower the better is usually key.  Running with a Posse this weekend drove that thought home.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Ever thought about putting the game away for a while and revisiting it later?  You can always stay in touch here and follow R* through Twitter, etc. so you'll be notified when there is more news.  I may do the same myself at some point.  As it is, I haven't played the game in the last couple days or more and depending on the state of RDO in March, I may end up moving to the Division 2 for a little while until a meaningful update comes along during this beta.  I usually have 2-3 titles at a time that I will dabble in.  Hell, I still play GTAVO after all these years.    

I myself play a few other games as well to break up the boredom. A bit of Far cry 5 and metro 2033 to get my shoot'em up fix.  Metro exodus comes out in less than 2 weeks so if nothing is added to rdo by then, I might be taking a bit of a break myself.

20 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

I myself play a few other games as well to break up the boredom. A bit of Far cry 5 and metro 2033 to get my shoot'em up fix.  Metro exodus comes out in less than 2 weeks so if nothing is added to rdo by then, I might be taking a bit of a break myself.

I won't even get into what my feelings were with FC5 but Exodus might be something I will check out too.  Never could really get into the Metro series but it was still the kind of games I could play.  It usually ends up being one of those titles I grab well after it releases.  .....that might change with Exodus though.

I was going to do the same with DIvision 2 but now that a couple of my oldest PSN friends showed an interest, I may pick it up on release in March.  .....Anthem is simply not on my radar as it's not the kind of game that interests me.

What I'm really waiting for to get my coop / PvP fix is Insurgency Sandstorm. 

I just can't do it.  The online game is awful (for me) waiting 40+ levels to get the things I want, when leveling is just so painfully slow and griefing is everywhere.  It's not for me.  Horizon Zero Dawn the Complete set came out for $15 bucks a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a blast with it.  If/when R* ever gets their act together and fixes the slow grind, constant griefing and actually puts more value in the online experience, (such as more story missions and a more immersive world) I will consider coming back. But until then. Meh. It's not worth my time.  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm literally frothing at the mouth over that game.  

Don't get too excited.  Some one stated that Marcostyles has already pointed out that they still haven't fixed bugs carried over from TD.  Others have stated that they haven't dealt with the CronusMax users and starting to sound as if they are going to ignore them all together.  They still have spoke about their anti-cheat and players supposedly didn't see anything like that in the Alpha nor does it sound like the Beta will have it either.

Keep your eyes wide open, cause with Ubisoft it is never what they say that matters, which is nothing.  It is what they aren't saying and how they execute that nothing.

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm literally frothing at the mouth over that game.  

I played the heck out of the first game but 99% of that was all solo.  Only visited the DZ a handful of times.  It was a really fun game although I never liked the level of sponginess of the damage model.  I get that it's an RPG but having to dump endless magazines full of ammo into some targets ruined part of the experience for me. 

Seems they tempered that in TD2 though.  Some early impressions are that cover is a lot more important because you take more damage and vice versa.  I've heard some complaining that it will kill the run and gun gameplay but I see that as a plus in my book.  The lower the TTK, the better IMO because I like a more methodical, tactical nature to my shooters.   

I didn't really have any buddies to play with in the first iteration but that's not the case with TD2. ......which is really why I have decided to buy on release vs. waiting.  Although I'm still debating a preorder to play the beta this weekend.

I'm more about the coop than I am the PvP.

22 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Doing missions a certain way can help with money and or xp.  Slower the better is usually key.  Running with a Posse this weekend drove that thought home.  

I caught on to that last week when this dude was screaming for us to NOT pickup the guy we had to deliver but instead wait 30 minutes to do it.  The problem with that is at any time you could be disconnected from the server.  I played 3 missions that night and got kicked from 2 of them.  Just to make sure I contacted Comcast's router/modem folks and they remoted in to my system and confirmed the ports I need to have open are open and they reserved the 3 Xbox's in our house.  Not sure what's happening with their servers but it isn't good.

8 minutes ago, Force58 said:

I caught on to that last week when this dude was screaming for us to NOT pickup the guy we had to deliver but instead wait 30 minutes to do it.  The problem with that is at any time you could be disconnected from the server.  I played 3 missions that night and got kicked from 2 of them.  Just to make sure I contacted Comcast's router/modem folks and they remoted in to my system and confirmed the ports I need to have open are open and they reserved the 3 Xbox's in our house.  Not sure what's happening with their servers but it isn't good.

Comcast?  Problem solved!  I haven't known anyone who has Comcast that doesn't complain about it.   

Taking your time is a risk and a greater one more often for some then others.  Yet the money and xp is worth it.   Sad part is you have to deal with these issues cause Rockstar hasn't, internet providers haven't, so it falls on.  Good Luck and hope stuff gets fixed for you so you can enjoy the game more.

Some people got bored and quit the game already, other take breaks, and some just make their own fun. Why not just think of creative games you and your posse can play together? I know it sucks having to wait but they likely won't add anything DLC related until the game is near ending beta or out of it completely.