RDR2 Animal & Item location request thread

madfretter

If you are looking for a certain animal or item in  RDR2, drop your request here and I will (to the best of my ability)  post the map location in this thread. Just for the members of this great forum! 

To start:

Known locations of bear spawns below:

rdr2bearlocs.thumb.png.c9a2cb2a1eddf2e520d4784defd76084.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know an area where multiple moonshine (even if it's only 2) spawn within a 30s-1m horse ride of one another? I know a few places where a lone bottle will spawn but I am looking for a couple near each other to collect and server hop.

Edited by bblancobrnx

On 2/18/2019 at 9:15 AM, bblancobrnx said:

Anyone know an area where multiple moonshine (even if it's only 2) spawn within a 30s-1m horse ride of one another? I know a few places where a lone bottle will spawn but I am looking for a couple near each other to collect and server hop.

Not sure  about  close locations of moonshine, but if you are server hopping it'd probably be faster to  farm jewelry to sell at the fence  and then buy moonshine from him.  Last time I check this location (a few patches ago) this location has 2 jewelry boxes and a platinum stop watch. It's a pretty easy run to the Emerald ranch,

shack.png.8b5fb6a59ea938aea54cbdb5231906b6.png

20 hours ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Foe some reason I have had trouble getting the legendary wolf in the north. There are other wolves that end up attacking me and screwing up my hunt. Any suggestions?

The wolf took me forever, because of the same reason, I kept getting attacked by other wolves. About to give up,  I decided to get rid of the wolves.  I dropped  bait somewhat away from where I thought the legendary would spawn and waited.  Two wolves showed up,  took out the wolves with a bow. A few   minutes later I had sights on the legendary wolf. No sure if it was the bait or killing the other wolves silently that did it, but it worked. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, madfretter said:

Not sure  about  close locations of moonshine, but if you are server hopping it'd probably be faster to  farm jewelry to sell at the fence  and then buy moonshine from him.  Last time I check this location (a few patches ago) this location has 2 jewelry boxes and a platinum stop watch. It's a pretty easy run to the Emerald ranch,

shack.png.8b5fb6a59ea938aea54cbdb5231906b6.png

I went here yesterday (March 13) and there were no lootboxes to be looted.

Any other current jewellery/valuable spawns in RDO?

1 hour ago, Moosh89 said:

I went here yesterday (March 13) and there were no lootboxes to be looted.

Any other current jewellery/valuable spawns in RDO?

That spot was my go to, shame. The Mayors house in Saint denis was a good spot.  I'll poke around for more  and post the locations once I confirm they are still active.

• Thanks 1

Just looted this tonight, confirmed it works when changing servers. It's in Strawberry, right next to the jail. No jewelry, but a pretty good haul. How's this for one house? 

Fine brandy, rum, moonshine, potent bitters, cigars, horse reviver, horse stimulant, express rounds, potent snake oil, hair pomade, cocaine gum, cigarettes, health cure, crackers and a few other things I'm sure I missed. 

IMG_8c51b1f4-e054-450c-9896-1520f39ee43a.png

IMG_1a54ce64-3210-4610-ac43-b2fd77d4ebcc.png

I hit 5 locations tonight, here's the map locations

RED IN GAME MARKERS are the locations

The Loft - Grizzlies East (North East), Ambarino 
CAN BE A HIDEOUT

Outside:
Lock Box - Assorted Biscuits
Table - Kentucky Bourbon
Keg Crate - Ground Coffee

Inside:
Pantry Shelf - Canned Fruit x3
                      - Canned Vegetable x2
                      - Assorted Biscuits
Cabinet - N/A (May differ if Hideout is spawned in)
Chest - Herbivore Bait
           - Predator Bait
           - Gun Oil

---------------------------------------

Martha's Swain - Grizzlies East (South East), Ambarino

Table - Gin
          - Premium Cigarettes
Side Table - Opened Miracle Tonic
Nightstand - Jewelry (For me: Platinum Chain Necklace)
Corner Shelf - Canned Fruit
                       - Assorted Biscuits
                       - Canned Vegetable
Bedroom:
Nightstand - Jewelry (For me: 2x Platinum Earring)
                    - Candy (For me: Chocolate Bar)
Wardrobe - Ground Coffee
                   - Rifle Cartridges - Express

08b0b0d0-46d0-11e9-823c-06f362e0a820.jpg

Venter's Place, New Austin

Table - Premium Cigarettes
Mantle - Miracle Tonic
             - Kentucky Bourbon
Cabinet - Cocaine Gum
Counter - Ground Coffee
               - Premium Cigarettes x2
               - Canned Vegetable x2
Sink - Canned Vegetable
Nightstand - Assorted Biscuits
                     - Potent Snake Oil
Dresser - Hair Pomade

dd2c3fb0-46cf-11e9-8be1-063c80fdf11c.jpg

Hanging Dog Ranch, West Elizabeth
CAN BE A HIDEOUT

Outside:
Crate - Apple

Main House:
Table - Repeater Cartridges - Regular
          - Revolver Cartridges - Regular
          - Moonshine
Shelf - Rifle Cartridges - Regular
          - Potent Snake Oil
Mantle - Premium Cigarettes
Cabinet - Jewelry (For me: Platinum Chain Necklace)
              - Jewelry (For me: Gold Pendant Necklace)

Upstairs:
End Table - Gin
Lock Box - N/A (May differ if Hideout is spawned in)

e7f330c0-46cf-11e9-af20-028c71ee0462.jpg

Strawberry Hotel - Strawberry, West Elizabeth

Lobby:
Coffee Table - Cigar
Back Pantry - Crackers
                      - Assorted Biscuits

Upstairs:
Chest - Fine Brandy
           - Guarma Rum
Room 1:
Chest - Horse Stimulant
           - Horse Reviver
           - Rifle Cartridges - Express
           - Gun Oil
Dresser - Premium Cigarettes
               - Potent Bitters
               - Moonshine
Cabinet - Cigar
               - Opened Rifle Cartridges
Room 3:
Chest - Potent Snake Oil
Dresser - Hair Pomade
Dresser - Cigarettes
               - Opened Cocaine Gum
               - Opened Health Cure
Side Table - N/A

f7fbce00-46cf-11e9-8be1-063c80fdf11c.jpg

Edited by Moosh89
Added items looted
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

I hit 5 locations tonight, including the above mentioned Strawberry Hotel. I will edit this post with the haul tomorrow but here's the map locations

Nice. I'm curious if the items stay the same. There have been rumors of loot being random, I'm curious to see if there's any truth to it.

I've edited my previous post with the items I looted from those 5 locations. They should be similar or the same with the exception of WHICH jewelry items and if it has a Hideout spawned in (if applicable)

• Thanks 2

On 3/19/2019 at 12:12 PM, BlueGhostGrey said:

Are there any spots where there is jewelry only or is there just no quick way to make 💰

I'm currently working on mapping Jewelry spawns. I'll post when I'm done but for now:

Blackwater Saloon - Upstairs in a side table drawer in the Gentlemen's lounge: 1 Jewelry
Hanging Dog Ranch - Main house in a cabinet by the stairs: 2 Jewelry
Adler's Ranch - On a nightstand next to the bed: 1 Jewelry
Martha's Swain - In the bedroom in/on the nightstand; In a nightstand in the main room: 2 Jewelry

That should be sufficient for now if anyone has the "Sell 5 items to a Fence" daily challenge

Edited by Moosh89
  • Thanks 1

After a few days of exploring, I think I've found all of the jewelry spawns in Online. I think I've hit every location across the entire map but please let me know if I've missed any. I haven't found any jewelry past Blackwater which is odd.

General rule, Loot everything in these marked locations and you will find it. (Unless somebody has beat you to it)

- Jewelry items are random. Example: you might get a ring, bracelet, necklace, or 2 earrings from the same "box" in multiple tries.
- Some locations have 2 jewelry spawns ("Hanging Dog Ranch", "Painted Sky", "Martha's Swain")

Jewelry Map Labeled 2.jpg

Edited by Moosh89
Updated map
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, madfretter said:

If you are looking for a certain animal or item in  RDR2, drop your request here and I will (to the best of my ability)  post the map location in this thread. Just for the members of this great forum! 

To start:

Known locations of bear spawns below:

rdr2bearlocs.thumb.png.c9a2cb2a1eddf2e520d4784defd76084.png

Are these from the rdr2map ?

If so are they pretty consistent online ?

I know for single player it was very helpful and did a great job showing you where everything is, I paid the $5 and upgraded mine so I can add notes to my map and keep up with my progress my marking things I have discovered and things I have not.

I dont have a cell with me when I play so I used this map on my laptop as a guide of sorts like the companion app but a little different.

If you dont have this map, I strongly suggest you get it, its free or you can buy an upgraded version, it really is very helpful in many ways, not just showing you where things are, but tracking progress, marking cave entrances and other anomalies, etc..

Edited by lumper

Hey all,

I'm new to this site.

Just like you all, I don't want to pay for items I can find in houses.

Here is my map of all the items I found. This map isn't complete. It's just what I've found.

Since the map is extremely large and you can zoom into the individual house locations.

I tried to Insert other media and it didn't work. . If I can some how upload the file from the link to this site? that would be great. I'm new, so I might be doing it wrong lol

So I upload my map, you can download the map here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/o72ii82nb8or99k/Red_Dead_Online_Map_V5.jpg

Here is a example of my full online map:

I color code the items mainly for what I was looking for: example gun oll is Blue / Moonshine is  light Blue / Special Tonics is Yellow. There's a few more other colors.

if you download it, you will be able to zoom in all the way and read the listed items for each house.

There's a  red circle around the area which the items are in. The items listed around the red circle are the items in that area.

Hope this helps,

enjoy!

1423514648_itemfullview.png.5d652b0aa1e92db9cb8fd020c78a27e8.png

You can Zoom in:

zoom_in.thumb.png.4bf2e5bc01d366a8cc5463e11ac88093.png

Edited by C20Dragon
Updated Map Link: Red Dead Online v5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lumper said:

Are these from the rdr2map ?

If so are they pretty consistent online ?

I know for single player it was very helpful and did a great job showing you where everything is, I paid the $5 and upgraded mine so I can add notes to my map and keep up with my progress my marking things I have discovered and things I have not.

I dont have a cell with me when I play so I used this map on my laptop as a guide of sorts like the companion app but a little different.

If you dont have this map, I strongly suggest you get it, its free or you can buy an upgraded version, it really is very helpful in many ways, not just showing you where things are, but tracking progress, marking cave entrances and other anomalies, etc..

Yes, that's the map I use. They're about 50/50 accurate, so I sub in info from myself and other sources.

• Like 1

You're welcome,

I don't like what R* is doing with the price cuts on hunting and fishing. So wanted to release my map version to help players find items and save some money.

I do notice one mistake. I was trying to make it more organized and clean it up before posting.  Note: There is no Crackers in Citadel Rock :P That is the Crackers for the  House below the O and R  in Forest, in Cumberland Forest.

Also found a couple more items. So, I have updated the above post with a new map link.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:10 AM, C20Dragon said:

Hey all,

I'm new to this site.

Just like you all, I don't want to pay for items I can find in houses.

Here is my map of all the items I found. This map isn't complete. It's just what I've found.

Since the map is extremely large and you can zoom into the individual house locations.

I tried to Insert other media and it didn't work. . If I can some how upload the file from the link to this site? that would be great. I'm new, so I might be doing it wrong lol

So I upload my map, you can download the map here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1i1jmira3z3xtie/Red_Dead_Online_House_Item_By_C20Dragon.jpg

Here is a example of my full online map:

I color code the items mainly for what I was looking for: example gun oll is Blue / Moonshine is  light Blue / Special Tonics is Yellow. There's a few more other colors.

if you download it, you will be able to zoom in all the way and read the listed items for each house.

There's a  red circle around the area which the items are in. The items listed around the red circle are the items in that area.

Hope this helps,

enjoy!

1423514648_itemfullview.png.5d652b0aa1e92db9cb8fd020c78a27e8.png

You can Zoom in:

zoom_in.thumb.png.4bf2e5bc01d366a8cc5463e11ac88093.png

Rattlesnake ranch has lots of horse revivers-stimulates-oat cakes.

• 2 weeks later...