UPDATE: 2/26/19

Kean_1

47 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I just gagged on my coffee.  "Over 300 new clothing items"?  That seems... excessive, even factoring in that the number is far less in reality since they must be counting different color permutations of the same article (i.e. a hat that has six different color configurations counts as "six new items" instead of "one").  Assuming that the average number of color variants for a single article of clothing is what, five or six items?  That's still 50-60 new articles of clothing.

Edit: I can't wait to dress my character like Colonel Sanders.

Quite a few say Coming Soon, lots are old items with new colours or materials, I found a lot of items now have the choice of animal skin versions 

3 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Here's the update page link.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60864/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update-Out-Now

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360018964193/RDR2-Title-Update-1-06-PS4-Xbox-One

As my issues with the game are only with griefing, I can't say I'm happy with what was delivered. As expected, your plans to visit the butcher or a specific hunting/fishing spot can't be plotted as easily as before because you don't know if anyone is around (from far away).

I do plan on making some purchases I was holding off on though.

I was disappointed with the update, player icons on the map are now confusing, all different shades of blue including posse members, I saw some purple and anyone who griefed me were red.

Also I was shot at by another player, I defended myself and killed the said shootee, I received a bounty for self defence?! How is that fair???!!!

Lastly, trying to do the stranger missions I found near in impossible. Constantly being targeted by posse after posse using explosive ammo and dynamite. Ok I get it is always been in the game, but unless players are deliberately trying for bounty on their head or are bored and need things to do, it just seemed non stop which I have not encountered in my gaming time.

• Like 1

Red Dead Online just received its biggest content drop since the game was launched late last year.

While not the first content update, today's patch adds the largest amount of new items and features since release. New customization items, new weapons and a large selection of new gameplay opportunities await in the Wild West.

The majority of the additions appear in terms of gameplay. Players can now earn additional XP and gold nuggets by completing daily challenges. Each day, you'll get a rotating list of 7 challenges spanning various aspects of the game, each of which offer their own rewards. Completing all 7 will net you a bonus, which can be increased by completing streaks. The more challenges you complete without missing out a day, the bigger the bonus becomes.

dlc-800x450.jpg

The Fool's Gold and Target Races modes detailed last week have been made available as well. Fight for possession of the golden armor in the former, and race while practicing your aim for victory in the latter. The more peaceful fishing challenges, which task you with catching the highest weight in fish, are also accessible now.

Though teased last week, Rockstar has announced that the three Showdown modes planned will only be coming at a later date. Details about Spoils of War, Up In Smoke and Plunder are scarce, but we'll be hearing more about them soon as we get closer to their release.

Of the two weapons teased, we only get our hands on one today. The Rare Shotgun is an upgraded version of the Double Barreled Shotgun and is available from the catalogue or gunsmiths now. The mid-to-long range Evans Repeater will be added to these inventories sometime soon.

A large selection of new clothing items and emotes have been added to the game as well, giving you knew ways to customize your character and interact with the world around you. Additional, limited clothes will pop up in the in-game store occasionally, but they'll only be up for purchase temporarily. PlayStation 4 players also gained access to additional emotes and the Jawbone Knife, which will be unlocked on Xbox One in 30 days.

dlc3-800x450.jpg

Some of the features and enhancements Rockstar has spoken about earlier have gone into effect. The reworked Parley and Feud system seeks to offer new ways to resolve in-game conflicts with other players, while the proximity-based blip system offers a new way to combat griefing. The Law and Bounty system also received an extensive overhaul.

Rockstar wants to show its gratitude to the fans who have been submitting Beta feedback all this time. This week, players can receive a care package at the camp or post office consisting of a number of supplies, ammo and consumables. Make sure to claim yours before the 5th of March.

The post Red Dead Online Gets Biggest Update Since Launch appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, evilcd said:

Also I was shot at by another player, I defended myself and killed the said shootee, I received a bounty for self defence?! How is that fair???!!! 

Me too, played it this afternoon and it went well.... this evening everything was back to normal online... in fact I think people were killing more people just to get their WANTED status up :(  ..... have finished with the game now, it's just a mess. They are just not listening to what people want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evilcd said:

I don’t see the promised Evans Repeater! Anyone found it?

Fyi...

Evans Repeater not available for the Daily Challenge

Created February 26, 2019Updated February 26, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: Why can't I find the Evans Repeater required to complete the Daily Challenge of 'Kill 5 Players with the Evans Repeater'?

Answer: Some players may have seen a Daily Challenge relating to weapon that is not yet available: the Evans Repeater. This challenge has been replaced. For any players who still currently have the Evans Repeater Challenge, the issue will be fixed upon restarting your console tomorrow, when objectives refresh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chocolatefinch said:

Me too, played it this afternoon and it went well.... this evening everything was back to normal online... in fact I think people were killing more people just to get their WANTED status up :(  ..... have finished with the game now, it's just a mess. They are just not listening to what people want.

Totally agree, so many people interfering with stranger missions. Ok I know it’s part of the game but never had this amount of explosive ammo and dynamite throwing griefing 

Still cant do stranger missions, horse cores all the suddenly are bugging out, more npc:s less animals, nerfed hunting, feels like a singel player game, bounties are stupid as a m@##÷r, nerfed ability cards, coming soon on clothes etc feels like a slap in the face. Rockstar where bragging about a big update..... i got a New hat and still nothing to do. This game is dying and fast and they hide behind calling it a beta.... Not bying that anymore

Edited by Zampen

• Kean_1 changed the title to UPDATE: 2/26/19
  • Kean_1 unpinned this topic