Completely Unplayable For Me

jnaron_ngc

Completely Unplayable For Me and I ain't digging it!

First constantly getting disconnected.

All wildlife disappears from Free Roam.

Game crashes after a few minutes, especially when trying to match make.

I stay connected long enough to see that there are 23 players in my lobby. Obviously they can play at some level.

I wish R* would address my concerns.

• Like 1

My main issues is being disconnected every seemingly 20-30 minutes. At first it was my internet's WiFi but I switched to lan and thought that fixed it. So my end is secure just Rockstar needs to fix that sh*t asap. I've lost out on so much sh*t cuz of it.

Other issue is horse bonding resetting. Noticed it happens way more frequently if you're in a big posse which I often am. Solo it might reset once every few hours.

Oh and missions either straight up not starting or they change after you take it but then the NPCs says he has nothing for you. Or when someone disconnects with the wagon/carcass/pelt/etc and it, although rarely, will end the entire mission.

Felipe with R* just messaged me and stated that they, the support personnel, have not been able to play since Monday. He stated that it is up to the Repairs Team to fix it. If it is broken for Support personnel I hope that builds a fire under the Repair crew!

29 minutes ago, McLawDiz said:

I know its NOT optimal, and not a long sighted solver, but if you want to minimize the connection issues, try DMZ your PS4 IP on your router.. 

This solved my problem - and have not been disconnected since then. 

I have Xbox One, and have forwarded ports, which helped a little, but did not fix it. My ping being 700 ms is the root issue.

Not sure what DMZ is.

15 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Our posse has a guy that lives in Canada and he has no problems on his servers, so when he is playing we join his game and everything works. It's  a workaround for now as long as he is on.

So the server issues could be regional, not sure.

Yeah, I'm in California and haven't had the issues of animals not respawning and side missions still have some issues but I can still get them to work more times than not.  Played several hours last night with one disconnect (which in itself is a bit rare for me) and no other issues.  In fact, the only "issue" (if you want to call it that) is a recent spawn of more animals which seem to duplicates of flocks, herds, NPCs, dogs ,etc.

5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I'm in California and haven't had the issues of animals not respawning and side missions still have some issues but I can still get them to work more times than not.  Played several hours last night with one disconnect (which in itself is a bit rare for me) and no other issues.  In fact, the only "issue" (if you want to call it that) is a recent spawn of more animals which seem to duplicates of flocks, herds, NPCs, dogs ,etc.

So what you're saying is the Pacific servers stole all our wildlife.  😃

• Haha 1

I've been offline for a few days, but back when I was having the frequent disconnects, one of the things that seemed to stabilize my sessions was going into my modem/router (yes, it's one piece) and activating "UPnP" or "Universal Plug and Play".  It didn't stop the disconnects entirely, but they became far more infrequent, and I've been able to play for hours at a time without issue.

It's not going to work for everyone, but I highly advise anyone who is using wireless to consider either that option, or creating a static IP for your PS4 on your router--I've done that in the past and it made a difference as well on other games that had connectivity issues.

38 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

So what you're saying is the Pacific servers stole all our wildlife.  😃

....or something like that.  ;)

Seriously though, I've been witnessing duplicate or triplicate of dogs in town, NPCs/shopkeepers and last night while in Tumbleweed, even the Sheriff was duplicated while the dialogue played for a side mission.  Really weird.  

Flocks of birds would sometimes be doubled, etc.

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

....or something like that.  ;)

Seriously though, I've been witnessing duplicate or triplicate of dogs in town, NPCs/shopkeepers and last night while in Tumbleweed, even the Sheriff was duplicated while the dialogue played for a side mission.  Really weird.  

Flocks of birds would sometimes be doubled, etc.

Don't mind if I spawn next to you for some easy huntin. Trying to save up for that update aye.

3 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Don't mind if I spawn next to you for some easy huntin. Trying to save up for that update aye.

No joke. I hope it continues through the weekend.  :)

If you're serious, send me a PSN friend req.  I don't mind teaming up and hunting.  I have no idea what triggers these anomalies but at the very least, I have no issue with animals not spawning.  ......so far.  

btw, the Big Valley in NW West Elizabeth is always ripe with animals regardless for me.  We run back and forth down that valley and kill herds, birds, etc.  and then make a run to Strawberry to unload.  You can see for quite a distance either way from West to East.  .....sometimes a gang hideout will spawn at the ranch near there as well. 

15 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

No joke. I hope it continues through the weekend.  :)

If you're serious, send me a PSN friend req.  I don't mind teaming up and hunting.  I have no idea what triggers these anomalies but at the very least, I have no issue with animals not spawning.  ......so far.  

btw, the Big Valley in NW West Elizabeth is always ripe with animals regardless for me.  We run back and forth down that valley and kill herds, birds, etc.  and then make a run to Strawberry to unload.  You can see for quite a distance either way from West to East.  .....sometimes a gang hideout will spawn at the ranch near there as well. 

Safety in numbers man. Yesterday was not my day for solo play either, seemed like every high rank wanted a piece of me. 

And yeah I'll hit ya up in a few minutes or so, I'm almost home and will have the weekend to play whenever. Ngl, that area is one of my favorites just because of how pretty it is.

4 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Safety in numbers man. Yesterday was not my day for solo play either, seemed like every high rank wanted a piece of me. 

And yeah I'll hit ya up in a few minutes or so, I'm almost home and will have the weekend to play whenever. Ngl, that area is one of my favorites just because of how pretty it is.

No problem.

I likely won't be on tonight or if I am, it will be late.  My wife is hosting an event with local Moms so my kid and I will be making ourselves scarce upstairs.  

Normally I'm on about 8PM PST until about 11PM.  .....sometimes longer depending on who is on, how I feel, etc.  

27 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

No problem.

I likely won't be on tonight or if I am, it will be late.  My wife is hosting an event with local Moms so my kid and I will be making ourselves scarce upstairs.  

Normally I'm on about 8PM PST until about 11PM.  .....sometimes longer depending on who is on, how I feel, etc.  

No worries, just shoot me a psn message if you log or spawn next to me or somethin. I'll likely be on since this is the only time I can stay up late with these youngins who stay up until 4am lol.

Is... is she hosting a pajama party with wine? Cuz I'm down for that.

3 minutes ago, Renascent said:

No worries, just shoot me a psn message if you log or spawn next to me or somethin. I'll likely be on since this is the only time I can stay up late with these youngins who stay up until 4am lol.

Is... is she hosting a pajama party with wine? Cuz I'm down for that.

Some kind of Bonko, Bunco(?) party or something like that.  All I know is that my wife is picking up sushi from our local favorite restaurant so at least we get to eat that before we need to disappear before the girls arrive.   She feels bad for making me disappear upstairs I guess but I suppose that's how it works with whoever hosts the event.  

No biggie.....  Maybe I'll binge watch a few programs and drink a few beers.  My kid can entertain himself with his tablet and Legos.  It's only for about 3 hours.

....now I gotta get back to preparing the house for tonight.  ¬¬

6 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

I know its NOT optimal, and not a long sighted solver, but if you want to minimize the connection issues, try DMZ your PS4 IP on your router.. 

This solved my problem - and have not been disconnected since then. 

I tried this when I got home, was on for 3 hours and not one disconnect so far. Thanks my dude, saved me so much stress.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

No biggie.....  Maybe I'll binge watch a few programs and drink a few beers.  My kid can entertain himself with his tablet and Legos.  It's only for about 3 hours.

Man I wish I had stuff like a tablet as a kid ~ Although I did have legos and hotwheels and my first computer at 8 years old.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Man I wish I had stuff like a tablet as a kid ~ Although I did have legos and hotwheels and my first computer at 8 years old.

My first computer was a Commodore 64 as a  present when I was in high school.   They sold tons of those things in the 80s.  I didn't buy my own "real" computer until the 386s came out.  ....then I started building my own.

I personally haven't really seen any problems my end. 

I got kicked off the servers a couple of weekends ago about twice but nothing since. 

A mate today asked me if I'd seen any ship wrecks? 

When I said no, his reply was that they were just spawning everywhere in fields and on roads. 

I wish I'd got to see that. 

The biggest problem for me is lag and I don't know if I can do anything to improve it (can I?). My internet speed is not bad, around 25mbps and I have tried both wifi and ethernet cable.

What I am constantly experiencing is 2 things:

1. I always die when I dive. Diving has minimal effect for me, meaning that I see for example a player close to me ready with a tomahawk, so I dive and I end up dead even when I don't see in my screen that the player has released the axe.

2. Somewhat same with the above, when a player is hiding in a wall/corner and I know he is there, I slowly approach him and I end up dead before I see in my screen that the player has moved out of the corner. So the sequence is I die and then after some miliseconds I see in my screen that the opponent moved out of the corner and shot at me.

Obviously the opponent players see things at the right order, meaning that at the above example, the player sees in his screen that he first moves out of the corner and then shoots me dead, but I don't see that, which makes it really hard to keep up with opponents with better latency connections than me.

Any suggestions or is it that I am just too far away from the servers?

22 hours ago, G IR U IB said:

I personally haven't really seen any problems my end. 

I got kicked off the servers a couple of weekends ago about twice but nothing since. 

A mate today asked me if I'd seen any ship wrecks? 

When I said no, his reply was that they were just spawning everywhere in fields and on roads. 

I wish I'd got to see that. 

I've seen this happen a few times. Even got a screenshot. Bunch of boats randomly spawning on the road and on bridges, 

PS_Messages_20190223_151407.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Lol like they care they won’t do a single thing they are “ROCKSTAR” (Tah-duh) they couldn’t care less they already squeezed the100$ out of you and they aren’t getting anymore so why try and fix something if you’re not even going to make a profit “ROCKSTAR” doesn’t care about customers only the !!!$MONEY$!!! And they already cashed out on us so they’re moving on THEY DONT CARE AND NEVER WILL they are done with us the money has been made and we are nothing more than dried wallets and where theirs no money to be made no work will be done we are all just “ROCKSTARS” used trash to be thrown aside they DONT CARE!!!🤑🤑🤑 it’s all about the MONEY BABY!!!🤑🤑🤑 Not U... they’re just another lazy cash grab company, it’s over get a new game and burn that 100$ next time they make a game cause they won’t fix it either...

Hey there @TheyDontCareTheyGotYour$$$,

Welcome to RDR2.org.

Just an fyi but a lot has changed since this thread was created and last contributed to over 5 months ago. ....but yeah, judging by your username and the tone of your message, I'm guessing you don't care to discuss that.

Just a friendly reminder though..... RDR2.org is not affiliated with R* or 2K in any way. This is a fan site where community members / fans of the game help one another with questions, problems, information and/or simply share their RDR2/RDO experiences with one another. 

It sounds like you've already given up on the game but if you decide to give it a go again, feel free to tap into us a resource, contribute your own ideas/experience, etc.

• Like 1