Personally, and I realize I may be in the minority, following the mini-map/pixel changes my desire for private lobbies has diminished quite a bit.   Now, that griefers can't see potential victims across the map at a glance and actually have to go out in search of someone to harass, someone that can see the griefer coming from over a mile away, the need for private lobbies has not been as hot a topic for me.  I like the fact that I can see the griefers before they can see me.  I can usually avoid them now, or know when to prepare for a fight.  Either way, I am not constantly looking over my shoulder at ever passing pink blip on the map. 

More importantly, I am meeting a lot of new friends in free roam that I never would have chanced talking with in the past.  Blue Dot, check.  Pelts, check.  Waving friendly like, check.  What do you know, they don't know where Gavin is either... I've only had one blue name player try to gank me in the last week.  Rode by all casual like and then I watched his blip turn around back toward me and my ability card kept me from losing my head on the first shot. The next couple of shots made the other guy know what eating a couple of sawed off shotguns tastes like. 

The open world (free roam) feels more immersive to me now.  I feel like I can hunt, fish, travel, do stranger missions, with a lot more confidence that I am not going to be griefed if I am careful.  While, at the same time, still very aware that there are bad bastards out there that will get you if you're not careful and aware of your surroundings. 

It's not perfect.  But man, I appreciate the steps they are trying to take. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, I dont have to agree, I think more players agree with me than you and Rockstar obviously agreed as they made severe changes to the game just for thi

My point was, I like what Rockstar is trying to do, even if it’s not perfect. Trying to implement measures to reduce the type of behaviour I was describing while still leaving room for the element of

you chose a sad player to show us that defensive mode is trash. well no. since defensive mode started i see less and less players like this zero in the video.

I would like to clarify to everyone what my actual feelings are on this game at this point.

1.I really think that free roam should be left intact with as much player interaction as possible and do away with the bounty for defense. Most but not all missions should stay in free roam. If they mess with it too much they will loose those who like it that way.

2. Because this is same engine as gtao they should allow people a choice of lobbies. Solo, Invite only, possey and possey groups. So those that wanted to grind up a little before they play with big boys they could.

So that is why I made the statement I am probably gonna shelve this awhile and check back later. Not because it is a bad game or I am a wuss which I probably am somewhat.  Just want to clarify who I really am.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Madrigalian said:

It's not perfect.  But man, I appreciate the steps they are trying to take. 

I do too.  I don't like all aspects, but I think it's a good start.  ....and I'll do what I've always done and continue to submit my feedback to them as I would suggest others do as well.  Hopefully they can get it all sorted so it works well for most. 

Passive mode should be an option but separate from their main free roam. The style of the game is meant to have players interact with each other on the basis of survival and taking over the wild west. 

• Like 1
On 3/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, jACKx said:

Passive mode should be an option but separate from their main free roam. The style of the game is meant to have players interact with each other on the basis of survival and taking over the wild west. 

I get that it is the wild west, but there is currently no way to control a small group of idiots from ruining the game for many other people. When do we get to form a lynch mob and send 50 people after the 3 red dots on the map and make them pay for shooting some random low level guy. The law eventually tamed the wild west. In the games current state, there is no punishment for players who only want to ruin the game for others.  Until this is fixed this game will be a haven for a toxic community.

• Like 3

Vigilante Justice. If enough of us target them, they would move to another session. The problem is R* kind of promotes this activity by having a challenge to kill players with a specific gun type. This used to happen to me quite a bit and still does. Last night 2 guys on horseback roped me and started to drag me down the streets of St. Dennis. I pulled my knife, cut the rope, and Shot them both with my double barrel. They didn't know what to do. Never had a problem from them the rest of the night. 

2 hours ago, ace7492 said:

I get that it is the wild west, but there is currently no way to control a small group of idiots from ruining the game for many other people. When do we get to form a lynch mob and send 50 people after the 3 red dots on the map and make them pay for shooting some random low level guy. The law eventually tamed the wild west. In the games current state, there is no punishment for players who only want to ruin the game for others.  Until this is fixed this game will be a haven for a toxic community.

I'm all for dealing with trolls but these 50 man "I Am the Law Squads" are also problematic. Many get drunk with their self appointed power and cause more harm than good. Had 2 morons jump me and two of my buddies the other night. We had no problem dealing with them, but some roaming " Justice Squad" thought we were griefing them. Now we are dealing with the original idiots and an additional 7 man posse. We found it funny cause they really believed they were saving someone. 

I have yet to have a player or group of players ruin my gaming experience in RDR Online. I run solo and with posse (depending on mood). Do I encounter idiots attempting to troll me? Of course. But that is part of what I love about online.  I love the challenge . If that element was taken away...I most likely move on. Game would be extremely boring then IMO. If I want to just hunt fish and do stranger missions in peace, I go back to story. But since I already 100% the game, really wouldn't be nothing for me to do anymore.

I had a 3 man posse following my posse around the map last night as we ran missions. For me it was something to do. I will gladly take the Xp of shooting people who don't get the hint. But it didn't slow down or interfere with our mission completion rate.  Only thing that was annoying was the bounty I had for shooting them over and over, THAT is annoying. That whole system is broken. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

I don't mind the bounties much. They are cheap enough. I agree, if you make it completely peaceful, I would get bored and move on. If peaceful is what is wanted, story mode is what your looking for. If you want more peaceful than story mode, this game is not for you. R* isn't going to make a completely peaceful mode. Heck, Animals even try to kill you. I had a buck chase me for a couple minutes when I wasn't even trying to kill him.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

I don't mind the bounties much. They are cheap enough. I agree, if you make it completely peaceful, I would get bored and move on. If peaceful is what is wanted, story mode is what your looking for. If you want more peaceful than story mode, this game is not for you. R* isn't going to make a completely peaceful mode. Heck, Animals even try to kill you. I had a buck chase me for a couple minutes when I wasn't even trying to kill him.

I mean according to my server last night, there were 44 other players in there. Yet I hardly saw anyone expect for the 3 jabronis volunteering for target practice. People should be happy. You can play for hours without seeing another player now. It is beyond easy to run missions solo now even more than before. 

Yeah I had a $40 bounty the other night while fighting "The Justice League" Posse, and of course mid fight they came to collect. Lol. Really hated loosing $40 . Didn't realize you still loose the bounty if you refuse to flee area. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

Everything in this game wants to kill you and seemingly for no reason. Even npcs will shoot at you for bumping into them. You want NPCs to be passive too? You want the animals to stand still for you to shoot? You want to never be ambushed by NPCs as well? If I find a game I don't enjoy or is too difficult then I don't play it, not complain that it doesn't suit my needs. Yeah sure Rockstar did that promotion campaign of "fun and fair environment for everyone". But let's be real, human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what. This isn't everyone gets a gold star for participation (maybe a little), this isn't no child left behind. You already got auto aim to help with lack of skill. Put on your big boy panties and get real. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Renascent said:

You want the animals to stand still for you to shoot?

That would be nice. They have a nasty habit of moving their head right after I've lined up the perfect headshot and as I'm pulling the trigger. j/k 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Everything in this game wants to kill you and seemingly for no reason. Even npcs will shoot at you for bumping into them. You want NPCs to be passive too? You want the animals to stand still for you to shoot? You want to never be ambushed by NPCs as well? If I find a game I don't enjoy or is too difficult then I don't play it, not complain that it doesn't suit my needs. Yeah sure Rockstar did that promotion campaign of "fun and fair environment for everyone". But let's be real, human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what. This isn't everyone gets a gold star for participation (maybe a little), this isn't no child left behind. You already got auto aim to help with lack of skill. Put on your big boy panties and get real. 

If Rockstar had promoted the game as "human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what," I'd have no complaints. Rockstar didn't.

Rockstar said "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends."

I realize "this is a beta" so we don't know what the final product will be. Once out of beta, it may, in fact, allow a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends."

While I agree with you 110% that "human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what," Rockstar's promotional statements couldn't be clearer, even going so far as to say, "Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior..." If the promotional material is to be believed, Rockstar is saying they will take steps to ensure a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends," just as so many other online multiplayer games do. Hell, doesn't GTA Online even have some kind of private lobbies? 

We shouldn't have to continually glitch this game so that a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends" is achieved.

All I'm requesting is that there be truth in advertising.

7 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

If Rockstar had promoted the game as "human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what," I'd have no complaints. Rockstar didn't.

Rockstar said "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends."

I realize "this is a beta" so we don't know what the final product will be. Once out of beta, it may, in fact, allow a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends."

While I agree with you 110% that "human nature is ugly and will manifest no matter what," Rockstar's promotional statements couldn't be clearer, even going so far as to say, "Please use the in-game reporting tools to report any abusive behavior..." If the promotional material is to be believed, Rockstar is saying they will take steps to ensure a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends," just as so many other online multiplayer games do. Hell, doesn't GTA Online even have some kind of private lobbies? 

We shouldn't have to continually glitch this game so that a "fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends" is achieved.

Then sue em. The same could be said about a lot of games, products, companies, presidents (build a wall and make mexico pay for it anyone?), etc that they aren't living up to their promotional statements. But ya'll are beating a dead horse about what they "said". The statement was meant to sell and it did, some will leave others will come.

And even if GTAO has private lobbies, maybe Rockstar wants to go a different route with RDO? Or maybe they'll have it down the line. Whether it seems to work in other games, doesn't seem to matter much to them.

2 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Then sue em. The same could be said about a lot of games, products, companies, presidents (build a wall and make mexico pay for it anyone?), etc that they aren't living up to their promotional statements. But ya'll are beating a dead horse about what they "said". The statement was meant to sell and it did, some will leave others will come.

And even if GTAO has private lobbies, maybe Rockstar wants to go a different route with RDO? Or maybe they'll have it down the line. Whether it seems to work in other games, doesn't seem to matter much to them.

The game isn't "out of beta." For those interested in talking about lawsuits or refund requests that would be premature, would it not?

I don't know why, but you seem to be sure of where Rockstar is headed with the game. Are you telling me with 100% certainty that, for instance, passive or private lobbies aren't coming?

2 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

The game isn't "out of beta." For those interested in talking about lawsuits or refund requests that would be premature, would it not?

I don't know why, but you seem to be sure of where Rockstar is headed with the game. Are you telling me with 100% certainty that, for instance, passive or private lobbies aren't coming?

I just don't see why people continue this little debate on passive mode, private lobbies and whatnot like Rockstar is sitting here reading these forums pen and paper in hand ready to surprise implement ideas (maybe they are, who knows). This thread, among others, same song and dance and usually after someone had a bad day in RDO.

I am not sure at all. I think you missed a few of my "maybes" that doesn't imply that I know with any certainty, but only guessing at where things may or may not be headed. Sit tight and enjoy the ride I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

Really can't compare the two. You don't have to hunt for food in GTA to maintain health cores or as a source of income.

I have fun daily solo or with friends without game breaking issues. I guess I don't get it. I can go home tonight and hop in showdown or run missions or re up my big game meat. Nothing I encounter will make me want to take my ball and go home. "Outlaw for Life" and passive mode does make me chuckle. 

Everyone has opinions on what they are looking for in the game and I certainly can't blame people for providing their feedback to R* when they are practically begging people to do so.

Currently, there is one mode and there are no guarantees that there will be private session options.  Personally, all I wanted was some balance.  .....consequences and risk for those who choose to grief others.  Although some keep beating that drum, I never asked for a sterile environment and while there may be exceptions to that, I think many others feel the same way I do.  ......and then there are those that don't.

If these threads are common then it obvious to me that the topic is a concern for many.  If some feel annoyed by them I'd rather see people not respond or use the ignore feature rather than belittle each other with the typical "git gud", "go play the campaign", "grow a pair" and other remarks I see.  .....that gets pretty old too you know.  I would think we are all better than that.

The fact is that griefing was a big complaint R* received which is why the last TU was essentially focused on trying to help mitigate that.  Personally, I think it was a good step forward because it introduced consequences for indiscriminate killing of others (proximity blips, parleys after one kill, parleys that affect entire posses, bounties penalties, blip range penalties, etc.).  However, I recognize that there were also downsides like bounties placed on those that defend themselves and daily challenges that essentially encourage and reward random attacks. 

IMO, I think it's quite clear R* wants RDO to be a one size fits all solution so in answer to @Netnow66, I think that's precisely what they are trying to deliver on.  They can;t get rid of griefer entirely nor the PvP element.  That is as much part of RDO as PvE is.  It's going to take some time to develop a balance that works for most and who knows, maybe they'll never really get it right, but I believe it's obvious that is their goal.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I just don't see why people continue this little debate on passive mode, private lobbies and whatnot like Rockstar is sitting here reading these forums pen and paper in hand ready to surprise implement ideas (maybe they are, who knows). This thread, among others, same song and dance and usually after someone had a bad day in RDO.

I am not sure at all. I think you missed a few of my "maybes" that doesn't imply that I know with any certainty, but only guessing at where things may or may not be headed. Sit tight and enjoy the ride I suppose.

It has nothing to do with Rockstar sitting here reading these forums and more to do with what they advertised. 

I could understand your "But ya'll are beating a dead horse about what they "said" " attitude if the game was out of beta. When the game comes out of beta (if), then that comment makes sense to me. Until then, I look forward to the game that was advertised.

26 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Really can't compare the two. You don't have to hunt for food in GTA to maintain health cores or as a source of income.

I have fun daily solo or with friends without game breaking issues. I guess I don't get it. I can go home tonight and hop in showdown or run missions or re up my big game meat. Nothing I encounter will make me want to take my ball and go home. "Outlaw for Life" and passive mode does make me chuckle. 

What you personally enjoy isn't the issue here. What you don't seem to get is that some people don't want to play a game and get griefed. It's as simple as that.

And if  "Outlaw for Life" and passive mode" make you chuckle, you must have busted a gut when Rockstar stated "As part of our response to community feedback on how to minimize certain types of destructive player behavior, we’ve made some changes to the way player blips will appear on the map."

I mean, "Outlaw for Life," right?

• Like 1

There seem to be alot of smart people in these forums. I have no problem with others who want something different than i do. If you are a person who loves killing other players you already have several options available to you in many of the pvp modes. If you are a player who wants to enjoy playing with a few close friends in a truly wonderful game world where you could do missions and experience everything at a pace you choose, you currently have ZERO options. The single player game world is single player!! 

I was really hoping for a world that would let me enjoy playing with friends and experiencing the content without being bothered by other players who simply want to shoot me for fun. Some people have said they havent  had that problem, and that is great for you. But the community that was in the online game from the start basically ran off most of my friends in a week.  So I am just going to do like someone else said and stop playing and kinda keep a check on the progress. If it improves, great, if not the player base will just continue to get smaller until not much is left. 

My only thing is that i was hoping for a pve co-op world, and so were many of my friends, but the game seems to be going into another direction and (to me) it does not look like something i want to be part of. I have been hopeful with most updates that fixes would be put in place for an even playing field for pve and pvp. The current fixes are nothing more than a band-aid.  I already have 300+ hours in game, so if i never play it again, i have got my value.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Netnow66 said:

It has nothing to do with Rockstar sitting here reading these forums and more to do with what they advertised. 

I could understand your "But ya'll are beating a dead horse about what they "said" " attitude if the game was out of beta. When the game comes out of beta (if), then that comment makes sense to me. Until then, I look forward to the game that was advertised.

What you personally enjoy isn't the issue here. What you don't seem to get is that some people don't want to play a game and get griefed. It's as simple as that.

And if  "Outlaw for Life" and passive mode" make you chuckle, you must have busted a gut when Rockstar stated "As part of our response to community feedback on how to minimize certain types of destructive player behavior, we’ve made some changes to the way player blips will appear on the map."

I mean, "Outlaw for Life," right?

I get that and am not trying to make it personal. I have no issue playing solo and avoiding other players if I choose to. It is not that hard. And you really believe Rockstar cares about griefing when one of their most popular game to date thrives off it? C'mon. They want to make sure the player base is buying Gold Bars. They will make changes to ensure that happens.  

And no I haven't "busted a gut" . It honestly makes me terribly sad how the gaming community has changed over the years. But I get it, everyone has spent $60-$100 and should have the game they want. But there will always be someone who isn't 100%  happy. It is impossible to please everyone. I think the griefing/troll issue is blown out of proportion just a tad. I am on most nights after real life duties and rarely have these kinds of issues. I might have a player/posse try something in a 4hr+ gaming session but it isn't all the time like people claim.  I'm almost Level 200 and I just don't see this End of Days server that people keep claiming they are in with all the hours I have logged online. And to say you can't go online and have fun solo or with friends is false. I know hundreds of players that do daily and most hate PVP.  

Edited by Savage_Reaper
4 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

I get that and am not trying to make it personal. I have no issue playing solo and avoiding other players if I choose to. It is not that hard. And you really believe Rockstar cares about griefing when one of their most popular game to date thrives off it? C'mon. They want to make sure the player base is buying Gold Bars. They will make changes to ensure that happens.  

And no I haven't "busted a gut" . It honestly makes me terribly sad how the gaming community has changed over the years. But I get it, everyone has spent $60-$100 and should have the game they want. But there will always be someone who isn't 100%  happy. It is impossible to please everyone. I think the griefing/troll issue is blown out of proportion just a tad. I am on most nights after real life duties and rarely have these kinds of issues. I might have a player/posse try something in a 4hr+ gaming session but it isn't all the time like people claim.  I'm almost Level 200 and I just don't see this End of Days server that people keep claiming they are in with all the hours I have logged online. 

I have no idea if Rockstar cares about griefing or not. They say they do but I don't know for sure. I do know that GTA Online has some kind of passive or solo mode though, so I'm hoping for something similar when (if) this game comes out of beta.

And I'm actually heartened by the changes that have happened online, not necessarily because of players but the companies that are smart enough to offer options in their titles. And it's not about trying to please everyone as far as I'm concerned. Companies just need to be honest.

That other Wild West title was honest enough to admit their focus is PvP. Black Desert Onine basically did the same thing. See? Honesty. There is more of a chance in pleasing everyone if the companies are honest about what they're bringing to the table.

As I said, I don't know what the final outcome will be in terms of Rockstar combating griefing in this game. But I do know what they said they were going to do, just as I know what those other two titles said. And that's why I didn't bother with them.

Free Roam is just as much about adversarial gameplay as it is cooperative or solo.  .....and in all fairness it is also about what folks personally expect from the game which is why R* wants to hear everyone's feedback regardless of marketing, etc.  They never said the game would be only a co-op or solo experience but they did however talk about delivering gameplay balance which includes the various forms of playstyles.

Personally, I think R* has been at least trying to deliver on what they promised while trying to make it fun for folks on both PvP/PvE fans.  Whether they can pull that off is another matter.

I agree with @Savage_Reaper that some will never be 100% happy with the direction of the game.  For me, aside from the lack of content at the moment, I like the new changes and I think with some tweaks, additions and more time it will ultimately be a pretty fun with something for everyone.  ......and I'm a co-op / solo kind of player.  

There seem to be alot of smart people in these forums. I have no problem with others who want something different than i do. If you are a person who loves killing other players you already have several options available to you in many of the pvp modes. If you are a player who wants to enjoy playing with a few close friends in a truly wonderful game world where you could do missions and experience everything at a pace you choose, you currently have ZERO options. The single player game world is single player!! 

I was really hoping for a world that would let me enjoy playing with friends and experiencing the content without being bothered by other players who simply want to shoot me for fun. Some people have said they havent  had that problem, and that is great for you. But the community that was in the online game from the start basically ran off most of my friends in a week.  So I am just going to do like someone else said and stop playing and kinda keep a check on the progress. If it improves, great, if not the player base will just continue to get smaller until not much is left. 

My only thing is that i was hoping for a pve co-op world, and so were many of my friends, but the game seems to be going into another direction and (to me) it does not look like something i want to be part of. I have been hopeful with most updates that fixes would be put in place for an even playing field for pve and pvp. The current fixes are nothing more than a band-aid.  I already have 300+ hours in game, so if i never play it again, i have got my value.

At first I was disappointed that you couldn't co-op in story mode. That would have been awesome. Now I just take what I can get and roll with it. I get shot all the time when minding my own business.

Once I was stuck on a wagon with a co-op for a stranger mission. The wagon wouldn't let either of us off or allow us to move it. We had to beg for someone to kill us in the middle of town with lots of dots red and blue. It took many passers by to get a player to finally kill us. LMAO. 

I felt the same way for the longest time about this game.  And some of these comments are caused by the fixes the did for this problem such as getting bounties for defending or stopping people from stealing pelts or other stuff.  We need to be careful for what we ask for.  I too want free lobbies and who knows we might get them.  It took gtao a long time out of beta before this was available.  The free-roam we have now is really R* signature in my opinion.  

I have really gotten used to things the way they are now and it really isn't that bad.  Yes at times its annoying but that's about all.  Today I had to sell some herbs cause I do like picking flowers lol.  You all know how Valentine is such a peaceful little town so I thought I would just trot my horse right on in there to the doctors office.  Gosh I wish we could get a banjo and just play a little toon as we ride along, anyways it was hilarious.  I got shot once so I just picked up and now I am walking, slowly on purpose and walked down mainstreet and into doctor.  It was like everyone was thinking wth?  Coarse I was just wearing my coveralls cause I guess that's the outfit he likes I dunno.

The point is just make a joke out of it and after awhile they just give up on you like there is no hope lol.

I think we have a long wait until you actually will see the final product here so we really do need to just settle down and ride this out it you want to stay. Do what you can with it and then play something else for awhile and chill.

The game is meant to have a conflict with other players so I do not want a passive mode. What I would like is a private server option. Even if your overall level is separate from the two. Like level on private servers and public ones are both different. It keeps it balanced. This way you can't rank up on a private server and then bully players on a public one. 

Ask yourselves this...what made outlaws of the Wild West ...well, outlaws? Was it the fact they fished and hunted and picked up horseshit in barns?

If there were NO killing (I know nobody has asked for that but you have when you think about it) what would this game be? It would be RED DEAD on launch.

How many lobbies are overflowing with players on hunting/fishing games?

What next, you want to build a city of your own and micromanage it and watch it thrive without any bad guys trying to stop you? Call it Red Dead Simcity.

How much hunting/fishing did any of you do in the story mode? Why have it continue into online? 

I play the Golf Club 2019 and not once has anyone ever asked for us to be able to fish in all the bodies of water or hunt those beautiful elk chewing up the greens.

1 hour ago, Cliffs said:

Ask yourselves this...what made outlaws of the Wild West ...well, outlaws? Was it the fact they fished and hunted and picked up horseshit in barns?

....and what's the point of outlaws without some semblance of law and order?  ......risk and consequence, etc.  That really didn't exist before the last TU and griefers took full advantage of it.

1 hour ago, Cliffs said:

If there were NO killing (I know nobody has asked for that but you have when you think about it) what would this game be? It would be RED DEAD on launch.

.....and you're right, many of us never asked for NO killing.  We just wanted more balance, risk and consequence.  ....and guess what.....R* agreed.  There's a big difference between that and those wanting a completely protected gameplay experience which you seem to be lumping all of us into.  Quite frankly, I'm happy with R*'s direction in the last TU if they can tweak it a bit (e.g. the bounties and player blip penalties on self defense, etc.).  It's far from perfect but a good start IMO.  I'm not complaining.

1 hour ago, Cliffs said:

How many lobbies are overflowing with players on hunting/fishing games?

What next, you want to build a city of your own and micromanage it and watch it thrive without any bad guys trying to stop you? Call it Red Dead Simcity.

How much hunting/fishing did any of you do in the story mode? Why have it continue into online? 

I play the Golf Club 2019 and not once has anyone ever asked for us to be able to fish in all the bodies of water or hunt those beautiful elk chewing up the greens.

How many golf titles do you know that allow hunting and fishing in their games?   How many allow you to kill your opponent?  How many have in-game economies reliant on these activities to help you advance, buy weapons and goods, etc.?  How many advertise any of that in their marketing? 

R* has said that they wanted RDO to be an extension of the campaign as a "jumping off point for a new world of cowboys (and cowgirls) and outlaws that combines multiplayer and cooperative gameplay and narrative components in a huge open world. Players will be able explore alone or easily join with friends or other players to compete or work together. We’ll take full advantage of the entire world, as well as all the aspects of a 19th century setting that make Red Dead Redemption 2 unique and fun."

As I said before, Free Roam is just as much about adversarial gameplay as it is cooperative or solo and R* has said as much.  They also would not have included these activities you are so quick to dismiss if they had not intended people to participate in them.  

There is a middle road here which is all some of us are asking for and quite honestly, R* seems to agree with and looks to be trying to deliver.

I'm sorry but I cant stand and agree with people who just want to hunt and fish and be left alone.. sure this game is not all PvP and yes you can just hunt and fish all day everyday and wanting peace along with it, hell even I  want to just grind a bit with no one attacking me but the reality is that there is PvP enabled in free roam and this does allow for players to attack you. They are Aholes for it sure but its there and its going to happen whether you like it or not. I agree reporting griefers (actual griefing, not "oh he killed my horse" or "oh no he stole my carcass" etc..) but not players who engage in PvP and kill you once or attack during a mission etc..

I honestly want you all that think the griefing and wanting a PvE mode to suggest to Rockstar on their official suggestions page to add in Free AIm lobbies already, here you will deal with PvP and unfortunately griefing (there will always be a way) but a dramatically reduced rate. Its harder for idiots to shoot you in the head one shot while going 30 mph on a horse, even on foot they have to aim where they cant sprint at you and instantly dive around like a lunatic while popping off a headshot with a Varmint Rifle 20 miles away... and in turn you actually get a fighting chance or the ability to run away etc.. 

I urge you all to suggest this to them. Hell even suggest Auto Aim enabled for NPCs and Free Aim on players. simple and easy fix.

Edited by Born Homicidal

Personally, I find the free aim un-playable in the rockstar system. Being forced into it would be game over for me...

But as has been mentioned on this thread all ready, I don’t want PVP to end. I do want some semblance of balance. If you feel like murdering someone in a fishing animation (and it is murder, you can’t really call it PVP when one of the P’s is standing there completely defenceless) then there should be some kind of risk involved. I think this last update is a step in the right direction, but it needs work.

Edited by The_Liquor
Spelling