Jump to content

The Great Griefer Thread


Reyes
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am a firm believer that everyone should get to play how they want without being hassled. At the same time there are so many communities in these consoles that are full of players asking to join or offering assistance. I get wanting to run as lone wolf  but as y'all have noticed you will just be a bullet sponge or live in hideing. Get with people ! The end game here should be friendship. Don't be shy and go experience the feeling of riding the trails 7 deep. Safety in numbers my friends. Posse up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

I am a firm believer that everyone should get to play how they want without being hassled. At the same time there are so many communities in these consoles that are full of players asking to join or offering assistance. I get wanting to run as lone wolf  but as y'all have noticed you will just be a bullet sponge or live in hideing. Get with people ! The end game here should be friendship. Don't be shy and go experience the feeling of riding the trails 7 deep. Safety in numbers my friends. Posse up. 

200.gif.aa9b7a6dc102c7511ac6fd0170e9715a.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

That guy was the only good thing about that movie.

Something most modern movies/stories--coughLookingatyouDisneyStarWarscough--fail to understand is that a good hero is only as compelling as the villain/threat they face.  I love The Warriors, but absent that amazing performance from David Patrick Kelly (one of cinemas great character actors for villains--see Commando), it's largely forgettable.

My kids hate that clip.  When they get in trouble, I used a modified version of that to get their attention.

They also loathe it when they threaten me and I use the stock: "The United States of America does not negotiate with terrorists" line.  I don't even get past "States" and they get super pissed.

The new one I've rolled out when they're being difficult is from when Peter McNeely was doing a press conference before his fight against Mike Tyson.  I'll find a way to work in, "you have a big dump in your pants" to wit:

Maybe I'll start using that on griefers.  Complete with the accent and everything.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Something most modern movies/stories--coughLookingatyouDisneyStarWarscough--fail to understand is that a good hero is only as compelling as the villain/threat they face.  I love The Warriors, but absent that amazing performance from David Patrick Kelly (one of cinemas great character actors for villains--see Commando), it's largely forgettable.

My kids hate that clip.  When they get in trouble, I used a modified version of that to get their attention.

They also loathe it when they threaten me and I use the stock: "The United States of America does not negotiate with terrorists" line.  I don't even get past "States" and they get super pissed.

The new one I've rolled out when they're being difficult is from when Peter McNeely was doing a press conference before his fight against Mike Tyson.  I'll find a way to work in, "you have a big dump in your pants" to wit:

Maybe I'll start using that on griefers.  Complete with the accent and everything.

Love it ! And oh my the female radio dj who kept giving the Warriors updates on there quest to get back to long island ! I can still hear her voice and and straight loved her ! Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2018 at 3:38 PM, Reyes said:

I noticed a massive increase of them just over the last week of playing. Sometimes I will hop on a server and just be targeting at all times making it impossible to enjoy aspects like hunting. How do you all handle these players? 

Thankfully my wife sits beside me while I play a lot, and she usually talks to me and cools me off.  Lately it's been the usual low level cowards who shoot you, then leave the session before you can get revenge.  The other night I was shot in Rhodes 3 times.  Finally I started singing 'Shot in Rhodes Again' to the tune of Willie Nelson's 'On the Road Again.' Acutally, I wrote an entire song and recorded it.  It's hilarious, and if I wasn't such a horrible singer, I would post it here!  Anyhow, that's how I dealt with the events from that night.  I wrote a song lmao In the end, my wife and I laughed hysterically at the lyrics and I forgot all about the griefer!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, Jackthestripper said:

Thankfully my wife sits beside me while I play a lot, and she usually talks to me and cools me off.  Lately it's been the usual low level cowards who shoot you, then leave the session before you can get revenge.  The other night I was shot in Rhodes 3 times.  Finally I started singing 'Shot in Rhodes Again' to the tune of Willie Nelson's 'On the Road Again.' Acutally, I wrote an entire song and recorded it.  It's hilarious, and if I wasn't such a horrible singer, I would post it here!  Anyhow, that's how I dealt with the events from that night.  I wrote a song lmao In the end, my wife and I laughed hysterically at the lyrics and I forgot all about the griefer!

I guess it would help to actually have someone to cool you down. I tend to get so pissed with online games anymore. I don't remember being this way when I was younger. Maybe I am just more competitive now. haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Reyes said:

I guess it would help to actually have someone to cool you down. I tend to get so pissed with online games anymore. I don't remember being this way when I was younger. Maybe I am just more competitive now. haha

 it really does help... My wife is a player too, and today the second she finished a mission and spawned in Valentine, she was grieved with a shotgun to the face. He was a coward,  stood in front  knowing where she was going to spawn, and waited to shoot her. She went back and handed him his ass and he ended up changing sessions. Then someone tried to lasso her in her camp, and she took off and when he followed, she killed him a few times. Point is, it was my turn to talk to her and cool her down... But she didn't, she just went and griefed them back. It was a proud moment LMAO

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going somewhere else or taking the long way around just to save yourself the trouble of not losing your perfect white tail buck is for city slicking cowards. You want those dollars?  Then ride directly to the closest butcher and if anyone gets in range of your gun, take them out. Pink dot, dead dot. Oh and sometimes you'll miss your shot or get out gunned. It's called losing. And it builds character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's more than two people then the whole army of friends we've built will rain hellfire down upon them. This happened last night against 4. Three friends (most of us over rank 100 nowadays) turned into 12, and they saw how many of us kept popping up and ran then left the session. 

Same happened in strawberry, some cocky rank 40 shot one of our members for no reason and we were fairly nearby and we all lit up red. He probably sh*t himself, cuz he tried to run then ran into an NPC then I guess left the session or disconnected. 

So yeah that's how we handle griefers, scare the sh*t out of them with numbers/force.

Edited by Renascent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Renascent said:

If it's more than two people then the whole army of friends we've built will rain hellfire down upon them. This happened last night against 4. Three friends (most of us over rank 100 nowadays) turned into 12, and they saw how many of us kept popping up and ran then left the session. 

Same happened in strawberry, some cocky rank 40 shot one of our members for no reason and we were fairly nearby and we all lit up red. He probably sh*t himself, cuz he tried to run then ran into an NPC then I guess left the session or disconnected. 

So yeah that's how we handle griefers, scare the sh*t out of them with numbers/force.

Unfortunately, I've run into a couple low level loaners that no matter how many times we put them down they continued to come back for more.  They were determined to be as irritating as they could even though they were no actual threat to our safety.  .....we just couldn't continue to do what we were doing. 

There's no fun in being steamrolled by greater numbers and/or superior leveled players but there is also no joy in having to continually kill the same player over and over again because they won't leave you alone and accept defeat.  .....griefing comes in many forms.

Seems we used to be able to run off players like that but now more seem to just keep hanging around trying to be as much of a bother as they can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Unfortunately, I've run into a couple low level loaners that no matter how many times we put them down they continued to come back for more.  They were determined to be as irritating as they could even though they were no actual threat to our safety.  .....we just couldn't continue to do what we were doing. 

There's no fun in being steamrolled by greater numbers and/or superior leveled players but there is also no joy in having to continually kill the same player over and over again because they won't leave you alone and accept defeat.  .....griefing comes in many forms.

Seems we used to be able to run off players like that but now more seem to just keep hanging around trying to be as much of a bother as they can.

Then if they are that persistent we just let our more trigger happy members distract them while we continue to do missions. They are more like flies than anything at that point.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I put online on hold a bit, until it gets fixed, wich is soon.. And also until they add some more stuff, clothes and things to do in general. 

However, i turned back to the story mode, and my god is it good, and lively! i really wish online was just as fantastic. Hoping it will be within a year or 2. 

Still enjoy going into online, and messing with posse`s.. Nothing better when low level posse members shoot you, and try to escape, and you end up killing all 3 of them 5 times in a row.. They quit the server = Mission accomplished! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I have a griefer come at me I always return fire. Kill them, run as they respawn & if they chase I take cover & kill them again. If they keep chasing me I'll run to the nearest town & into a store. 

Sometimes the a'holes will go elsewhere, but often they try acting big and wait near the door. I restock ammo/food while I'm there then go make a coffee. If the a'hole is still waiting for me, then I report them and change session. No big deal. 

I carry on playing happily, but you're the idiot who just wasted 10 minutes thinking you were annoying me. Yeah right. It's a game, moron. Changing session easily gets rid of idiots who chase you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had two incidents last weekend..I  had my Michael Douglas falling down moment.

First rode into tumbleweed three people at the butcher's, everyone seems ok....bang dead. Two snipers on flat roof opposite. The 5 players who now it became clear were working together systematically then griefers every player and npc  for ages. As I rode away, I thought I ain't going to take it this time. Got up on a hill and sniped the 2 on the roof, 3 times. The other 3 charged up the trail to me and I fire bottled and shotgunned them. All 5 rage quit. I'm LVL 27 and not very good btw.

Second was two players camping in my camp for over an hour. It was a war or attrition which I was not too going to back down on. One got so drunk on my calls beer he fell over and I managed to drop a fire bottle on him without flagging PvP. Ended up dropping the flag, killing both and moved on. Messaged them to say i had recorded their activity and had reported them for griefing.

One responded, Good luck my dad is Bill GATES! I replied would he go on the record for my blog to say he encouraged his son to grief as it would make me a fortune. I got a fu back. Lol

Edited by Darkvicar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, Kean_1 said:

You can't report what is allowed in the game by design and unfortunately, the way R* set up their online experience, trolling is perfectly acceptable.  On the other hand I have reported players for vulgar, verbal threats and racist remarks.  .....and I would encourage others too as well.

 

I usually choose an area like Ambarino to spawn in.  I will immediately crouch when I arrive, ready my weapon, move (while crouched) to cover, look at my minimap for other players and then the big map if there is no immediate threat.   I will observe other players / posses to see what they are doing on the map and take note of those who appear to be trolls or active in PvP engagements.  I then call in my horse and make a plan of where I want to go and the things I plan to do.  

When solo, I simply plan my routes around other players.  ....especially any of those I noticed were engaged in combat with other players.  I also look for areas on the map that are mostly empty.  I always keep an eye on my minimap and as soon as I see a pink dot, I open the big map to see where they are and get an idea of what they are doing.  I adjust my route as needed.

When hunting, I will usually plan a route to a vacant town (with a butcher) and then hunt along the way.  However, I'm also flexible as some destinations can become active during the time it takes to get there.  In those cases, I simply select another that isn't.

To be honest, it is rare that I am attacked when playing alone and it will typically happen as I spawn in (depending on where I choose).  

Hmm, FIFA 18 was designed in a way that allowed players to u

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oops didn't mean to enter that last entry. I keep coming back here from time to time and I'm seeing the same thing every time. A whole heap of people STILL sick of greifers and R* doing nothing about it. I'm still seeing the posts from people giving suggestions like 'join another lobby', my answer remains the same - people who want to play the game in peace should not have to keep taking evasive action to accommodate the morons. When R* wake up and set up private lobbies or lobbies where people aren't playing at being tinpot cowboys I'll return to the game. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2019 at 6:55 AM, Diss said:

Oops didn't mean to enter that last entry. I keep coming back here from time to time and I'm seeing the same thing every time. A whole heap of people STILL sick of greifers and R* doing nothing about it. I'm still seeing the posts from people giving suggestions like 'join another lobby', my answer remains the same - people who want to play the game in peace should not have to keep taking evasive action to accommodate the morons. When R* wake up and set up private lobbies or lobbies where people aren't playing at being tinpot cowboys I'll return to the game. 

There is obviously confusion here and it's being caused by Rockstar.

All they would have to do is say, our game allows griefing. Period. Then I would personally have nothing to report. But Rockstar didn't do that. They keep saying,"we are going to implement anti griefing measures." So something supposedly allowed in the game by design is supposedly being curtailed by them (well, at least that's what they say--I don't believe it).

My point is, you either want to allow griefing or you don't. If you want to allow it, stop all the lies and just admit it. If you want to stop it, put some measures in with some real teeth.

Rockstar needs to be honest, just like that other Wild West game, just like Black Desert Online. That's my problem with them right now.

I'm sending in my last bit of feedback either today or tomorrow (describing how I've still been attacked while minding my own business). I sometimes submitted two or three a a day before the update, explaining how I was getting spawn killed or sniped while fishing or on the way to the butcher and included player names (I had already reported and blocked them). After the update, I find their new anti griefing methods to be a joke and I've decided I'm not going to keep sending in feedback with my complaints about this because I almost feel like I'm begging.

I'll still log on to do the quick missions which I do enjoy (why did they take one away?!?! They need to add more!!) or hope for the occasional solo lobby glitch but as far as me leisurely roaming and hunting and fishing (which I say their promotional materials said I was going to be able to do), I'm pretty much done with it in the shape the game is right now.

Sorry, but having to sneak around a game to avoid other players isn't the way my time should be spent.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, x Vesta x said:

They aren't breaking any rules of the game by killing you. That is not a valid report. 

That reply was nearly 3 months ago but taking his response in the original context of the discussion, yes, it is a valid report. 

There is a report feature in the game and R* has specifically listed "disruptive behavior" which this clearly is.  They have also made a correlation between indiscriminate killing and "griefing" since then.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, x Vesta x said:

Griefing is not a bannable offence, and nothing would ever have come of those reports. PvP is allowed in freemode, and has always had consequences to deter players from doing so (i.e. faster gun degredation rates). 

I didn't mention what steps would or wouldn't be taken.  None of us knows that as R* doesn't typically publicize or inform the complainant when they take action.   This had to do with you saying that  his report was not a legitimate complaint which it is. ....as it's even listed in the report feature.  Seems R* also agrees as Support has directed some who have complained about griefing to use the in-game option.  

 

2 minutes ago, x Vesta x said:

I believe "disruptive behavior" could more accurately be described as cheating, which would of course result in consequences. 

I'm sorry if you wasted your time reporting griefers hoping for anything different.

Actually, "cheating" isn't an accurate description of "disruptive behavior" at all and in fact, there is a specific entry for reporting cheating called "Cheating".  

Don't worry about me or my time. It takes all but a few seconds to report griefers and then block them. I leave it up to R* as to what they do with that feedback which I think has been evident in their response to the community on the subject.

btw....

Quote

dis·rup·tive

adjective
causing or tending to cause disruption.
"the hours of work are disruptive to home life"


synonyms:    troublemaking, troublesome, unruly, rowdy, disorderly, undisciplined, attention-seeking, riotous, wild, turbulent; unmanageable, uncontrollable, out of control/hand, unrestrained, obstreperous, truculent, fractious, divisive; badly behaved, misbehaving, errant, uncooperative, rebellious; disturbing, distracting, unsettling, upsetting, noisy, raucous; formalrefractory
"a very disruptive child"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, x Vesta x said:

 Just because you're a snowflake who clicks the report button everytime someone kills you does not make what they're doing against the rules. 

Take it down a notch Vesta.  I've been courteous to you and I would expect the same in return.  The patronizing attitude was bad enough but let's stop with the insults, ok?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So much for lack of griefing. You stay bright red to griefers for a super long time and they can just follow the red glow and find you. One did earlier when they waited 15mins for me to finish a mission, then killed me as soon as I got out of the cutscene. They called it pvp, I told them it aint pvp if you just waitin to shoot someone in the back. I went back and blew them all up and two chased me from Rhodes all the way out to manzanita in tall trees. I fast traveled and thought that was the end of it, that's why I didn't parley, but they followed me twice.

And it's shitty that when someone shoots at you, they only stay red for a couple minutes sometimes allowing them to go out of range then shoot at you again, but these guys stayed red for like 15mins or so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, x Vesta x said:

That sucks. The map changes are useful to some degree, but they could definitely use some changes.

I'm not usually bothered by this stuff, but sh*t like that makes me question why I play multiplayer games. I know y'all wanna play how you want, but there's a fine line you cross when you go way out of your way to harass someone when they obviously don't want to be bothered. Yeah I could have parley, I forget that's a thing cuz I don't usually run across people that disgustingly persistent. Like do you have nothing better to do?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kean_1 changed the title to The Great Griefer Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...