Food share

lumper

35 minutes ago, Renascent said:

No one is stopping you from hunting for yourself either.

If you're so bad at the game that you need handouts, then idk what to tell you. It's a nice gesture but not needed. You can just as easily kill something and give it to someone.

Also also, to the one wanting to open up a shop to sell animal parts. Why? When it's cheaper to hunt the animal yourself. What do we need parts for, right now? Even single player the stuff that the trapper was asking for wasn't difficult to get.

You say nothing because it's none of your God damn business how they play when it doesn't affect you! I hunt a lot. A majority of my time is spent hunting, both for eating and selling. I don't give a rat's ass if somebody would rather buy their food or get it for free from a donation bin. Hell  I'll even volunteer to hunt for them. It will give me something to do. It doesn't bother me that they are "too lazy" to do it themselves. I couldn't care less for pvp. I'll only do it when I feel it is necessary or my friends want to go a few rounds. When the new anti griefing update hits I'll be going passive because  I just don't want to deal with the sh*t even though I'm more than capable of doing so. Are you going to complain that passive players are "too lazy" to defend themselves too?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You say nothing because it's none of your God damn business how they play when it doesn't affect you! I hunt a lot. A majority of my time is spent hunting, both for eating and selling. I don't give a rat's ass if somebody would rather buy their food or get it for free from a donation bin. Hell  I'll even volunteer to hunt for them. It will give me something to do. It doesn't bother me that they are "too lazy" to do it themselves. I couldn't care less for pvp. I'll only do it when I feel it is necessary or my friends want to go a few rounds. When the new anti griefing update hits I'll be going passive because  I just don't want to deal with the sh*t even though I'm more than capable of doing so. Are you going to complain that passive players are "too lazy" to defend themselves too?

I'm only pointing out why I feel this "food share" thing isn't a good idea and how the OP is suggesting ideas to a problem that he himself created. And quite frankly sounds fairly lazy. His and others crying about things like that cause good games to go in a bad direction that most don't want.  The pve/lazy crowd tends to win and cause the game to spiral and then in comes the pay to win (ohno i don't have money to fast travel, or ohhh why can't i just buy explosive ammo with gold despite not being ranked for it).

Maybe if you pvp'd a bit more you'd have something to do eh?

Nothing to complain about the new modes, it's there for a good reason. I feel quite positive about it in fact, despite my intention of staying offensive. Even I get griefed, although I can count on one hand the times I have been (although once was my fault for being too stubborn to parley).

• Like 1

Probably have no room to get in this topic. Never played RDIIO and won't ever invest time into it. Mainly for the reason "been there, done that".

Played GTA Online religiously for years.

That system had an ammo share and a food share between others and didn't make people lazy to buy their own food items and ammo. 

Yes, it's different two games. The blueprint of the online versions are fairly close to each other. 

Look at it as Rockstar's main goal was to make a good "semi-arcadey/ driving" game for GTA and a great hunting game for RDII which happen to take place in a western era.

Intrigued by @lumper 's proposition and also respect the opposing opinions that are "respectful" in return.

Had a "native" ideal to it until finding out the OP went full "Saint Hubertus" but not literally but some parallel, don't know who that is look it up it's a very good lesson and a short read. 

Maybe this idea can work and work for all. Let's say you by accident went overboard on the hunts and had no room to store. Makes no sense to have something waste virtually or for the real world.

Not sure you guys and gals can ammo share and food item share with friends in the game yet.

Just thought of this and here it is. Share canned food items with others while you're within the proximity to them and share ammo as well. The hunting part if you went overboard by accident.

Maybe an introduction of a new item as in a flute or horn you sound off for a native tribe come to you at the spot to pick up everything you can't store as a donation/peace offering to their tribe to receive good honor for your online character. Yet, don't know if Native Americans are even in the online so that idea might have no traction at all.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NDX47 said:

Probably have no room to get in this topic. Never played RDIIO and won't ever invest time into it. Mainly for the reason "been there, done that".

Played GTA Online religiously for years.

That system had an ammo share and a food share between others and didn't make people lazy to buy their own food items and ammo. 

Yes, it's different two games. The blueprint of the online versions are fairly close to each other. 

Look at it as Rockstar's main goal was to make a good "semi-arcadey/ driving" game for GTA and a great hunting game for RDII which happen to take place in a western era.

Intrigued by @lumper 's proposition and also respect the opposing opinions that are "respectful" in return.

Had a "native" ideal to it until finding out the OP went full "Saint Hubertus" but not literally but some parallel, don't know who that is look it up it's a very good lesson and a short read. 

Maybe this idea can work and work for all. Let's say you by accident went overboard on the hunts and had no room to store. Makes no sense to have something waste virtually or for the real world.

Not sure you guys and gals can ammo share and food item share with friends in the game yet.

Just thought of this and here it is. Share canned food items with others while you're within the proximity to them and share ammo as well. The hunting part if you went overboard by accident.

Maybe an introduction of a new item as in a flute or horn you sound off for a native tribe come to you at the spot to pick up everything you can't store as a donation/peace offering to their tribe to receive good honor for your online character. Yet, don't know if Native Americans are even in the online so that idea might have no traction at all.

The whole thing is being blown out of proportion. If you kill more animals than you can carry, they despawn. They respawn fairly quickly. It is not like the buffalo spawn once in a day cycle or something. I just don't understand to need to simplify one of the games basic activities. In GTA , your character was not dependent on food like it is in RDO.  Apples and oranges. I played solo until about level 50 and not once did I feel the need to go to the local Red Dead Soup Kitchen for a hot free meal. I don't feel it really has a place or  is needed. Nothing should be free. Want food? Hunt/buy. Want money/xp? Grind missions/Showdown,etc. Seems pretty simple. Why over complicate it? I'm all for people buying all the meat you can hunt in game from the butcher. If you don't want to hunt or can't shoot animals...you have the options to buy what you need. Handouts are never a good idea. 

And I feel most have been respectful for the most part. It is just some people like to release their dark side apparently when people don't agree with them. No need to lash out at people. I understand this is the internet, but still. No need to get insulting or disrespectful. I know personally I am an asshole. And I am fine with that. But I have behaved myself very well even when provoked. So Chill out. Maybe try decaf.

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, NDX47 said:

Ha...so just give up? Sounds logical.

Im not a logical man,,, but ok if i get free stuff and never have to hunt again thats cool because ive played red dead hunting for over 4 months now and i dont like it 

Edited by Zampen

Well no one so far read what was mention on my part. The animals left over are given to a npc tribe for a honor boost instead of being handed other players. 

Edited by NDX47

1 minute ago, NDX47 said:

Well no one so far read what was mention on my part. The animals left over are given to a npc tribe instead of other players. 

Oh ok well thats just weird and no there are no natives in online 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, lumper said:

So, I was thinking, and yes I submitted it to R* feedback.

It would be nice to have a food share.

Today for example, I had to make a choice and in the end I had to leave a 3 star turkey on the ground to rot, instead I noticed a blue dot near me, so I sent him a note and told him, if you want it, I am leaving it here, on the road.

I cant see wasting it. then it occurred to me, it would be nice to have several designated food share locations, where you can elect to send your extra food, or a way to designate it to a player.

Player trading and assisting should be a thing,

with all the hunting we do, it just makes sense.

I thought maybe leave a food share bin at several locations around the map, or have an option that allows you to either designate an item for the local share or to the nearest players.

that way a player can alwasy check a food share to see if there is anything in there he or she needs and also be able to use those pelts and carcasses we cant carry, this could also be rewarded with an xp or honor boost for taking part in contributing, or low honor for taking from it, I dunno I think in there is an idea.

Or even a butcher in every town. Surely towns without a butcher must fancy meat purchasing locally rather than a long journey to another town. In those days frozen food was a like witchcraft, rotten food was the norm.

• Like 1

Well, got to bounce out of this thread. Gonna practice talking to a wall to be on the same level with the "certain" kind of replies that myself yam seeing.

Edited by NDX47

9 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Maybe you should actually play the online game first and brainstorm after that ? 

Nah, got better things to do than to be trapped inside a carousell format of a video game. No offense dude

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Why would i get offended ? Take care dude

This is getting off-topic now. Don't care if you offended or not. You're the one having the vague replies with a condescending attitude. You take care bud. Enjoy your online experience. Rockstar will balance everything out sooner or later and it'll be awesome for ya all.

3 minutes ago, NDX47 said:

This is getting off-topic now. Don't care if you offended or not. You're the one having the vague replies with a condescending attitude. You take care bud. Enjoy your online experience. Rockstar will balance everything out sooner or later and it'll be awesome for ya all.

Thanks ❤

1 hour ago, Savage_Reaper said:

The whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

I agree.....

My own take on this whole food share idea is that it's really a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  Gathering food is already ridiculously easy enough for anyone to do as is cooking.  As for actual sharing, you can already do that with friends or randoms nearby (if you want to take that chance).  I do it all the time when I have a good carass, large pelt, meat, etc.  I'll let my friend take it or vice versa when we go hunting together.  

A good portion of the RDO experience is about the grind and some of the routines folks need to go through.  .....and hunting, cooking and/or buying your own food from a vendor to maintain your character is part of that.  The same an be said about leveling and earning enough money to create or unlock certain ammo types for yourself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I agree.....

My own take on this whole food share idea is that it's really a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  Gathering food is already ridiculously easy enough for anyone to do as is cooking.  As for actual sharing, you can already do that with friends or randoms nearby (if you want to take that chance).  I do it all the time when I have a good carass, large pelt, meat, etc.  I'll let my friend take it or vice versa when we go hunting together.  

A good portion of the RDO experience is about the grind and some of the routines folks need to go through.  .....and hunting, cooking and/or buying your own food from a vendor to maintain your character is part of that.  The same an be said about leveling and earning enough money to create or unlock certain ammo types for yourself.  

Exactly. The game is easy enough and dont need to be dumbed down further. I personally would like it to be harder bcoz i like the challenge. 

I really dont want it to become another carebear island. It should be harsh, unforgiving world of the wild west ! There are tons of carebear games out there. Hunting, farming and so on. 

Currently lvl 78 and I still have a lot of fun playing and a lot to unlock, achieve. This is still a beta and im sure there will be more stuff to come. Im really looking forward to gambling and gunslingers duels, more weapon upgrades, somekind of prison system (where you will be locked if you got caught and can be rescued by Your posse) and hope they will be impemented in the game.  I dont even care if they clean the beta chars when they get the final version of the game bcoz it will be fun for me to develop another character. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837

1 hour ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I really dont want it to become another carebear island. It should be harsh, unforgiving world of the wild west ! There are tons of carebear games out there. Hunting, farming and so on. 

I have nothing against the hunting, fishing, pickings herbs or even peaceful exploring in this game. That's not what my post was about.  It's obvious that these activities are all part of the overall experience R* wanted to provide it's players and I don't mind it.

I was simply saying that I personally don't see how a food share program works in all this or feel that it's even needed given the ease of acquiring ones own food. It also (IMO) doesn't fit into the whole idea of how people are required to work/grind for their items, money, etc. 

With food, you are required to either aquire it by hunting/cooking, looting/robbing or buy it through vendors.  If you're hunting with friends, you can already share parts or whole kills.

20 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

So Chill out. Maybe try decaf.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, Savage_Reaper said:

Lol...Yeah. If I could skin people and sell it to the butcher...I would. 

??? So, whatever was in my post was too extreme for ole pennywise? Ha give me a break.

This thread is on a quick route of flogging a dead horse at this point in time.

1 hour ago, NDX47 said:

??? So, whatever was in my post was too extreme for ole pennywise? Ha give me a break.

.....this doesn't help.

3 hours ago, NDX47 said:

It was a generalized statement about the tone of this thread overall. Don't flatter yourself. Nice try though. Must have gone over your head .  I don't get upset over video games or people in a chat forum sadly attempting to be tough. I'm not that thin skinned or simple minded. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

1 hour ago, NDX47 said:

Don't worry, won't be visiting this site anymore.

Not even worth the time.

Anything mentioned from me is 90% viewed as moot point to a good majority.

Ya'll have fun.

That's your choice.  Good luck.