UPDATE 4/9/19

Kean_1

4 minutes ago, lumper said:

Ive read of few of these comments now, I see it  both ways I am grinding the old fashioned way, all alone, and no exploits, and yeah it stinks a little to think of players being able to gain access to things I have worked so had for, but then I remember that many players over level 90 got their with exploits, and shenanigans.

Not all but definitely many, and so whats the difference? If I have to grind out all alone, one level at a time with no exploits, and I am playing against players who were able to level up much much faster do to techniques no longer available, then isnt that the same thing?

Either way, Im glad to see something happen today, we do need a player base fella's and if this will bring some people back or new people in then I say do it!!

Its only a week, its not forever.

Yep most of my group got there in free roam ! Months of grinding ! I have a group now that loves PvP and we go in a lot now. Just a low blow to see folk get it .unless they have throttled xp again the West just got a little ruffer ! Lol

18 hours ago, lumper said:

Just callin it as I see it man.

Im a noob, a level 41 noob.

Ive been grinding alone everyday.

I keep running into players while Im out there hunting, fishing, running missions, etc.. and the ones who dont shoot me then quit, end up chatting a bit I have learned it is better to be pro active and get out in front of these people sometimes, and just saying hello can defuse a potential situation.

Lately after meeting new players who are very high levels, they tell me how "it used to be"

How great it was when.....

and Im over here like, yeah good for you but it doesnt help me, at all.

So it just made me think, this is similar in that people are going to be upset over this and others are going to take full advantage of it,

Calling like you see it?  Lol...Ok. Why do you act like you have it so hard because you are solo? Just curious. I have been there too. We all have. Not that big of a deal. I didn't start running in a posse until I was 50s-60s. And that wasn't because I was like "poor low level me" , I was asked by a friend to join their RDR Group. But I would have been fine solo if I wanted to be. Game isn't hard or overwhelming. Lot's of people grind solo daily with minimum issues.

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yeah, me. And probably the vast majority of high ranking players that you haven’t met. 

Ok so a percentage of people claim to have never used an exploit, thats awesome, you have obviously put in a lot of time playing to get there.

I remember Rockstar offering XP bonuses a while back and more than once, everyone here most likely took advantage of those weeks, its not an exploit but it certainly is an advantage that players today do not have.

I am sure lots of people have, Im only level 41 but I am with ya, I never did anything but grind all by myself out there to get here.

But that doesnt change the fact that a lot of people did use exploits that were out, do you think any of them are going to chime in?

lol no, you will most likely only hear from people that didnt use exploits to get there and they are mad that others have it easier than they did.

I dont mind at all, I think level 60 players have been around a while and arent noobs anymore, its not like giving explosive ammo to a level 15 player.

Edited by Kean_1
(removed all of those empty lines at the end of your post)

I have never done any of the exploits and made it to level 54 playing a lot and doing missions, story, hunting, fishing, etc. Only been playing for a couple months. I play just about every day for at least 4 hrs. Most all weekends. Weather hasn't been good so why not. 

Although, if I have the money and make it to 60, you bet I will get the pamphlets.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Why do you act like you have so hard because you are solo? Just curious. I have been there too. We all have. Not that big of a deal. I didn't start running in a posse until I was 50s-60s. And that wasn't because I was like "poor low level me" , I was asked by a friend to join their RDR Group. But I would have been fine solo if I wanted to be. Game isn't hard or overwhelming. Lot's of people grind solo daily with minimum issues.

No I didnt mean it to sound that way man, im just saying that is the slowest way to level up, all alone, in a posse you have many advantages its all Ive heard from R* and players here since I joined, they all say, dude posse up its so much easier you will get further faster etc..

So I just added that players going it alone, and not using any exploits are going the slowest route available is all.

Ive played alone everyday Ive played and done 99% free roam, I did the 6 story missions once and I have done a handful of stranger missions, but otherwise just free roaming hunting, and fishing for cash and whatever daily challenges I can do.

Everyone has their own story, the point is I dont think we need to be all upset over level 60 players getting a bonus this week only, how many folks will it really affect?

When I joined I just missed the 30% xp bonuses I played that Sunday, the last day of it and didnt earn very much I didnt understand the relationship to the game at that point, I was still looking around trying to figure it all out.

I think most people on here worked very hard and leveled up the hard way too.

Edited by lumper

5 minutes ago, lumper said:

Just callin it as I see it man.

Im a noob, a level 41 noob.

Ive been grinding alone everyday.

I keep running into players while Im out there hunting, fishing, running missions, etc.. and the ones who dont shoot me then quit, end up chatting a bit I have learned it is better to be pro active and get out in front of these people sometimes, and just saying hello can defuse a potential situation.

Lately after meeting new players who are very high levels, they tell me how "it used to be"

How great it was when.....

and Im over here like, yeah good for you but it doesnt help me, at all.

So it just made me think, this is similar in that people are going to be upset over this and others are going to take full advantage of it,

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Yea they probably just should unlock all stuff so kids can buy Gold, away with all lvl recuirements so more can enjoy the same repetetive few things to do or just shoot the crap out of everything without anything to work towards.... this game would have been dead already 

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 2

All I know is I am going in to buy a Trotter and a Turk.

Ive been grinding on a Shire, Chestnut tiny Arabian and my Thoroughbred waiting for the day I can buy a Trotter.

That day, is today!! lol

Im just glad to see an update honestly I dont care what people get or have, in time it wont matter at all, today it is an advantage if you have been around long enough to level up past level 90, but in time the number of high level players will continue to grow hopefully and you wont even remember a time when they allowed level 60 players access to explosives.

8 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Oh and play alone

Lvl 298 no glitching

Just that Good

Holy sh*t 

thats a LOT of game time bro, nice work.

I havent turned on another game since Xmas when I loaded Red Dead, I only started online 3 weeks ago or s, maybe 4.

So I can appreciate level 298 that even sounds ridiculous, ooof thats a lot of grinding.

So how did you not use the cougar glitch or the cop killing glitch, I mean everyone was doing it for a while, did you just avoid it all together or not know about it?
Im just curious to those that never used any glitches, they must have been aware of them and everyone around them duplicating carcasses and stuff, did you just chose to avoid all those?

Its hard to imagine players in there grinding and hearing about these things and not trying them.

I think human nature is something for free is good and usually people will jump at opportunities to gain an advantage.

Thats pretty amazing man.

Edited by lumper

30 minutes ago, Jluv_lucky13 said:

No exploits just days and days grinding this game did we get to the level we are.... tonight should be fun 😂

No exploits to lvl 54 but did have my wife grinding with me. We didn't really do PVP until spoils of war came out. Just put in the time grinding but we are used to grinding in games. I don't think the grind in this game has been all that hard tho. Levels are not that hard to obtain so far. Not sure what is yet to come tho.

Can't wait to get home to play tonight for sure.

All i can say is that i regret playing past lvl100, absolute no point for me when i look back. I thought they would update this mess so i grinded away but i was wrong. Killed 30000 players and 40000 animals there is your answer to Most of the xp, money is easy to make so no need to duplicate animals etc. 

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Had to grind hard to get them all, now more griefers will get them early. 

To be fair, there shouldn't be any guns/ammo/ability cards locked behind levels.    This borks the balance beyond belief and makes no sense.  And the game is too boring to grind for most people.

Also there's plenty of griefers out there with explosive ammo.. Hunting down low levels and knowing full well the low levels have no chance.  

But I can tell you this much.  With more people having the explosive rounds now, this is what the future will soon look like.

Imagine one year from now.  RDR end game will be either hiding in passive 'defensive mode' OR getting blasted by exploding ammo with auto aim.

Old Red Dead Online had explosive rifles that would appear during a special hideout..  With limited amounts of ammo, that would disappear when you died.  

If it was up to me.. There would be NO explosive ammo.  But if R* is going to add this BS to the game, then all players should have access to it.

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lumper said:

Its hard to imagine players in there grinding and hearing about these things and not trying them.

Why is it so hard to imagine that people wouldn't cheat to get where they are in the game?  I've heard about a lot of these glitches and exploits but I never used any of them.  Why you ask? 

1) I don't like the idea of cheating to get ahead.

2) I know that for those that do there is the possibility that the devs could at some point reverse any gains I have been achieved from exploits.

3) I play games for the fun of it.  If the journey to get to my next rank, unlock, to earn cash for a purchase, etc. isn't an enjoyable and rewarding experience,  I simply won't play.  Exploiting glitches is neither fun nor challenging for me so it really doesn't matter how much I gain from them.  Rapid advances in level & cash also leave nothing else in the game for me to strive for.

I shelved the game a few weeks ago because I came to a point where it felt too repetitive.  I'm also not into PvP events so there really hasn't been anything added lately that appeals to me.  I will likely revisit the game again after the big Spring Update as I will from time to time after that.  RDO will be evolving for a long time into the future and I currently have other things to keep me occupied while I wait for the additional content, changes, etc. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

Wow any news of when the update... I mean the real update is going to hit?

If I recall, this 4/9 update was the last in the weekly schedule of updates they announced.  .....so, that could mean just about anything but I also reckon it could be that the Spring Update might hit as early as next week if they keep with the every-Tuesday updates.  .....but who knows.  It's all speculation at this point.  I'll wager we will at least have some news next week on future updates (perhaps including the Spring Update) if nothing else.  Maybe another "State of the Beta" announcement.

4 hours ago, Zampen said:

All i can say is that i regret playing past lvl100, absolute no point for me when i look back. I thought they would update this mess so i grinded away but i was wrong. Killed 30000 players and 40000 animals there is your answer to Most of the xp, money is easy to make so no need to duplicate animals etc. 

You have more drive and determination than me man. I cut way back once I got past level 50. I noticed a lot of people saying there isn't much past 100 right now. Hopefully, they change that.

Red Dead Online is steadily getting its scheduled beta updates week after week, fleshing out the game and adding more and more content. This week we got one more Showdown Mode further buffing out the game's PvP selection, as well as new clothes, and a number of rank requirement decreases on items.

The new Plunder mode takes the classic one-flag CTF rules and puts a new spin on them, as do a few other of the existing Showdown modes. Players team up to acquire supplies strewn about the center of the map, and return these safely to their bases to score points. The more supplies are in the base at the end of the match, the more points you get - obviously, the goal is to have more supplies than the enemy.

dlc-800x450.jpg

Aside from grabbing the supplies from the map, you may want to decrease the enemy's count while adding to your own by stealing supplies from the opposing team's base instead. Keep in mind that when you are carrying supplies, your blip will be visible to all players at all distances, making you a target. Fill up your cores and buff yourself up with consumables. If you're rolling with a group you are familiar with, make sure to equip ability cards that have team benefits.

This week's selection of limited issue clothing is a little more limited than usual. We don't mean it's rarer, just that there are fewer options. The Owanjila Hat, the Concho Pants and the Porter Jacket are only available in the catalog this week, so grab them before they're gone.

april9clothes-800x450.jpg

Rockstar has also temporarily reduced the rank requirements of a number of clothes and other items this week. All clothing items within the coats, holster, boots and gloves categories that are usually restricted to Rank 40 or above are now available to all players. The Turkoman, the Missouri Fox Trotter and Arabian Horse is now available for Rank 40 players, and finally Volatile Dynamite, Incendiary Buckshot, Explosive Slug, Express Explosive, and Dynamite Arrows are all available to Rank 60 players.

The limited item clothes are available through the 17th, and the rank requirement reductions are available through the 15th of April.

The post Plunder Showdown Mode Available In Red Dead Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

I was able to get back online the last couple weeks again after about a 2 week period of constant crashes which kept me out of RDO. I don’t exploit, I play pretty casually and solo. Nearly all in Free Roam.

Hit rank 64 early last week.

I’ll admit, I have little interest right now in all but 2 of the quick join / competitive modes.

I wasn’t even going to log in this week, Hitman 2 managed to get my full attention as R* has been dropping the ball here a bit. But I suppose this will get me to log in. I’ve got enough $’s and naturally gained (spent $0 so far) gold to buy what I want in this discount week. We’ll see if that makes me want to play dozens more hours to play with my new toys. Or, if I’ll peter out after another 10 or 15 hours and back to stagnation.

RDR2 story mode is looking good to me again, if I’m going to resume RDR at this point with regularity...

4 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

the fear of having my account reset is enough to keep me away from exploits

I felt that way at first, then got so ticked off about the griefing I kind of don't care any more.

If Rockstar chooses to reset me for using passive lobbies (no duping or cash glitches) to avoid the griefest RDO is right now, so be it. I have no intention of being today's one of five players killed with a double barreled shotgun or one of two players killed in an explosion.

I'm just trying to play the game the way Rockstar promoted it. And I'll tell 'em that if they come for me.

Edited by Netnow66

14 hours ago, lumper said:

I remember Rockstar offering XP bonuses a while back and more than once, everyone here most likely took advantage of those weeks, its not an exploit but it certainly is an advantage that players today do not have.

I didn't start playing online until a couple of months back so I missed out on getting the gold handouts and the Arabian and Alligator saddle for free and had to grind to buy them but that was down to my decision to not show RDO any interest early on, I accept that. Given the hype around this game, I suspect that the vast majority owned it from release date and could have been playing online since December to access the available bonuses.

There's a big difference between a bit of bonus xp and completely shifting the goalposts of what rank is needed to attain certain key items in the game. Bonus xp just gives a slight boost towards ranking up if you play the game. Lowering the rank requirements for items means anyone willing to pay-to-play can attain things that were out of reach to them. I'll bet there will be a higher percentage of potential griefers that have played enough to reach rank 60 than to reach rank 90, not to mention a bigger player pool to start with so good luck playing your hunting & fishing playstyle going forward, it just got made a whole lot harder for you by R*. 

I would've preferred they increased the chances of pamphlet payouts in treasures and looting, but I'm lvl 109 and don't mind lower levels getting access to this stuff. The only unpredictable thing about Free Roam is random griefers, and giving them explosives is the closest thing to a content update we'll get for a while.

4 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Lowering the rank requirements for items means anyone willing to pay-to-play can attain things that were out of reach to them. I'll bet there will be a higher percentage of potential griefers that have played enough to reach rank 60 than to reach rank 90, not to mention a bigger player pool to start with so good luck playing your hunting & fishing playstyle going forward, it just got made a whole lot harder for you by R*. 

A friend of mine whos level 61 just bought the explosive ammo papers.   Hes already dealt with griefers with explosive ammo.. by using explosive ammo against them.  

Theres two sides to this.. And always has been.  Griefers are only a real problem if they have access to weapons, items and ability cards that the players they attack don't have.  Which is a problem for RD O pvp.

The reality is there should be no rank unlocks.  It should all be money/gold based.   Ranks make no sense.. 

And, Explosive ammo should not be in RD O..     Among other things.  

But hey.. If you're just minding your business and bunch of REAL griefers (Not just random pests) decide to attack in a group, with slippery bastard, while on a horse, flip hats for head shots.    Then Explosive ammo is the only real counter.  A full inventory of explosive ammo is 40 kills...

I've had explosive ammo for a while.  Its basically pest control ammo.  See another idiot on horse doing pony hat show.?  BOOM!

**** him, **** his hat and **** his horse all in one shot.    And from my experience, they never really want to come back.  Even if they have access to explosive ammo.

But this is also the future.  Basically everyone will be riding with explosive ammo soon.  

• Like 2

whaaaat?  earlier unlocks is not fair at all.  guaranteed it will be early ability cards next all at a reduction of cost. sb will get nerfed. i have grinded legit solo now lvl 190. loved rdr1 but very close to done now.

Edited by danjou
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Griefers are only a real problem if they have access to weapons, items and ability cards that the players they attack don't have.  

Apart from the fact that you have no idea who the griefers are until they grief you and now, with more of them having explosive rounds, you'll be dead by the time you know a griefer is around. And then you're at the disadvantage of spawning off your horse, with the guns you had loaded (Varmint rifle & maybe Springfield if you were hunting) and them knowing you're coming for revenge.

I disagree with the idea that anything should be available for gold rather than rank based - if I want that sort of pay-to-win crap I'll play some 'free' game on the ipad. But you're probably right that explosive ammo shouldn't be in the game at all.

20 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Calling like you see it?  Lol...Ok. Why do you act like you have it so hard because you are solo? Just curious. I have been there too. We all have. Not that big of a deal. I didn't start running in a posse until I was 50s-60s. And that wasn't because I was like "poor low level me" , I was asked by a friend to join their RDR Group. But I would have been fine solo if I wanted to be. Game isn't hard or overwhelming. Lot's of people grind solo daily with minimum issues.

i am level 190. grinded solo since launch. this update has me annoyed. i totally get what you and others are saying. rdr2 online will lose more players. rstar seem happy catering for the casuals. i will probably move to other games my self

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HuDawg said:

To be fair, there shouldn't be any guns/ammo/ability cards locked behind levels.    This borks the balance beyond belief and makes no sense.  And the game is too boring to grind for most people.

Also there's plenty of griefers out there with explosive ammo.. Hunting down low levels and knowing full well the low levels have no chance.  

But I can tell you this much.  With more people having the explosive rounds now, this is what the future will soon look like.

Imagine one year from now.  RDR end game will be either hiding in passive 'defensive mode' OR getting blasted by exploding ammo with auto aim.

Old Red Dead Online had explosive rifles that would appear during a special hideout..  With limited amounts of ammo, that would disappear when you died.  

If it was up to me.. There would be NO explosive ammo.  But if R* is going to add this BS to the game, then all players should have access to it.

a years time it will be flying horses and armoured missile firing cougars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3