Red Dead Online General Chat

Moosh89

IIRC, you just jump on your horse below and if you're both in the right position, you can land in the saddle.  I did it a few times before in Valentine I believe from the second story balcony of the hotel.  I think I hitched my horse below first to keep him there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

any ideas as to how i can get the cattleman revolver to match the preformance of the schofield?

it takes two regular ammo chest shots to down an npc whit the schofield, cattle needs 3, and the aim time is twice as long on the cattle as it is on the scho.

What ability cards should i use to get the cattle to preform as clouse to the scho as possible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 5:04 AM, NF85 said:

any ideas as to how i can get the cattleman revolver to match the preformance of the schofield?

it takes two regular ammo chest shots to down an npc whit the schofield, cattle needs 3, and the aim time is twice as long on the cattle as it is on the scho.

What ability cards should i use to get the cattle to preform as clouse to the scho as possible?

There's a card which ups the damage when dual wielding handguns.  Depends on whether you like dual wielding (I generally don't, as it breaks realism for me), but if someone is griefing me then I dual wield (generally a Navy and a Cattleman) and it's like having a man-portable gatling gun.  Sorry can't remember the name of the card.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:02 AM, SimonTemplar said:

There's a card which ups the damage when dual wielding handguns.  Depends on whether you like dual wielding (I generally don't, as it breaks realism for me), but if someone is griefing me then I dual wield (generally a Navy and a Cattleman) and it's like having a man-portable gatling gun.  Sorry can't remember the name of the card.

"Gunslinger's Choice" - Combat (Yellow) card

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

"Gunslinger's Choice" - Combat (Yellow) card

Thank you, that's the one.  I don't have it equipped but do have it unlocked to level 3.  If some bunch of new player try to gang up and take the old man down then it's Gunslinger's Choice and show them what happens when they mess with Captain & Tenille.

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, Kean_1 said:

......I bet you could.  😄

(I kid, I kid.....just had to)

I took a LONG break posting here, since I talk too much, you may have noticed, you havent heard a word from me in several months.

3 hours ago, lumper said:

I took a LONG break posting here, since I talk too much, you may have noticed, you havent heard a word from me in several months.

I had to look back at that comment you quoted me on.  No wonder I didn't remember since it was over a year ago.  😄

Yeah, glad to see you back.  Many folks haven't been posting lately due to the lack of updates / news.  Hopefully that all changes for the rest of the year and perhaps into the launch of the new consoles depending what plans (if any) they have for that.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

@Senor-Fredo-Lz

Whats with the multiple replies? I'm guessing a problem submitting your post?

I deleted the other 3 for ya.

As far as poker not being available, I haven't heard of any issue yet.  ....assuming you're from a region that allows it, etc.

Yes, had a problem posting and then couldn't find a delete post button so thnx.

I live in Cornwall, England so no problems with gambling laws.

I don't know what is going on with Rockstar as for the first time I cannot get online with GTA V and now the poker is down in RDR2.

Edit: Checked the Firewall and everything there is just as it should be with a clearway for both GTA V and RDR2 so it doesn't make sense that I cannot get into GTA V Online unless there is something wrong their end so as they have no human interface which I can contact I'm stuffed.

I don't need to go down the usual route of telling them to go stuff themselves and I'll not be buying anymore of their games as they have stuffed me.

Edited by Senor-Fredo-Lz

• Kean_1 unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NF85 said:

Best way to get a perfect wolf pelt? im not a hunter, nor will i be.

I need one for one of the clothings from gus, i allready have the collectable.

Your only choice really is headshot with a sniper rifle on a 3* Wolf - dawn & dusk are the best trigger times for me & Wapiti heading west or the southern edge of Tall Trees I can almost guarantee 3 - 4 wolves appearing

YMMV

Good luck

• Thanks 1

i will try the bolt action rifle with some special ammo, i see no reason to buy a sharpshooter just for one single pelt.

wapitit i think will do me best, not real mutch reason for players to be up there i think, so hopefully it wont be "huntet empty"

7 hours ago, NF85 said:

i will try the bolt action rifle with some special ammo, i see no reason to buy a sharpshooter just for one single pelt.

wapitit i think will do me best, not real mutch reason for players to be up there i think, so hopefully it wont be "huntet empty"

Good News!

Hunters and marksmen will be glad to hear they can take 30% off the Bolt-Action    

If you need to buy it - should still be good for hunting headshots with express ammo

I allready own the bolt action, but as said i nave no need for a marksman rifle.

anyways, arrived at wapiti around 14, parked my ass on the horse a shortdistance from it, around 19 i was ambushed by a timberwolf pack, one of them was a 3*, so jobs done ^^

• 8 months later...

Things have been reeeeeal quiet out on the trail these last few weeks. The folks in my posse are taking a little break since there's not much new content to hold us. I still log on for dailies to grow my wealth which I'm not even sure I will ever get to spend.

Yesterday had a daily to visit a shop in Valentine. My camp was in the Heartlands right smack between Emerald Ranch and Valentine right off the main road. I decided to just take a leisurely stroll over to the Doctor's in Valentine to sell 5 of any herbs I was maxed out on. I took the railroad tracks as I was in a hurry, but I took my time too. I came up to the stockyards and then a posse popped onto my radar. It appeared they were sitting around at the Sheriff's and some NPCs were running away down the street toward me. I slowed up and plodded down the street, planning to hitch up at the Gunsmith. A player was scurrying around. I thought "Man, I hope he doesn't try anything..." while I held out hope that my non-threatening presence would convey I had no plans for trouble. Suddenly in a flash, a repeating shotgun appears in their hands and my screen flashes white to black...

I sighed as I stared at my killer in black and white. I hit Respawn and as I loaded in I figured I'd just let it slide, I really wasn't in the mood to take on a posse of 4 or 5. I loaded up in front of the post office on the road. For the hell of it I checked their ranks, all below 80. I'm Rank 378, but I'm not big on PVP - Sure I can hold my own some days. The offending player ran by me on horseback. His posse mates doubled on another horse purposefully ran into me and the one bringing up the rear pointed their gun at me as I whistled for my horse who was still by the Gunsmith. "F*** it, these little s***s don't get to kill me and hightail it outta town unscathed". I rode hard and caught up to them. One of the two on one horse shot my horse and I went down, RIGHT outside my camp. They continued East towards Emerald. I had a "big brain" moment and ran over to my camp's Fast Travel post and travelled to Emerald Station. Once I loaded in, I whistled, expecting my next horse to come but to my surprise, it was my horse they downed which I left without reviving. I jumped on and suddenly blue posse markers popped on my radar, coming in hot toward me. I surprised them and cut them off just as they reached Hani's Bethel where I assume they were going for the "5 types of fish caught" daily. I gunned a few down before I died. I respawned and killed a couple more and died again. Came back, took out one or two more when suddenly the "Other posse has parleyed" message pops up. Some of them continued to hightail it out of the area but the original offender stayed so I circled him menacingly while doing "The Ripper" emote. They waved a few times and I felt satisfied my revenge was swift so I took the railroad tracks back to Valentine again to sell my herbs. It took a couple minutes between traveling the distance again and dealing with the clunky sell options to only sell 5 of each maxed herb. I walked out of the Doctor's shop when the same blue, faded posse markers rode back in and to the Sheriff's office. The original offender came into town last so I gave him "The Ripper" emote a few more times as he waved again and they faded into another lobby after pulling a bounty poster.

Felt satisfying! Was a good session, I guess 

Edited by Moosh89