**Animal Spawn Issue Discussion** (Since Summer and Recent Updates)

Jimblob

freakshow?   You are finding cougar spawns on regular servers?   Do you play at 3am...?    I once did a video where I caught 5 perfect cougars one night near blackwater... but I have no seen a cougar or the panthers at stillwater/south of rhodes since last year.   Are you not glitching missions to make it happen?
I am surprised by that comment.   I would have said finding a cougar on a regular server is totally impossible this year so far... unless 3am... (oddly late night animals come more).

I'm with Hickock.. FIX THE DAMN SPAWNS.. lol

7 hours ago, Darconios said:

@ KEAN... people new to the game have no clue how broken it currently is.   So mentioning mission servers is on topic here... and almost required.  Their hunting spot may work fine in a less glitchy environment.  I would suggest nobody could get the every animal achievement if they started playing now.

Edit:  This thread has over 17 000 views... so it must be a popular issue.  Glitching missions for hunting needs to be common knowledge to anyone who wishes to enjoy the game as it stands today.

That other thread was necro-bumped from Feb 2019 when the animal spawn issue wasn't really a problem for most.  This really didn't start becoming a persistent and widespread problem until the Summer update and then the laste content drop.  

That thread was intended to discuss the best hunting areas when animals do spawn.  There are many discussions and mentions about the animal spawn issue in these forums.  I really didn't want to see other threads turn into "spawn issue" discussions especially when this problem may likely be resolved at some point and become a moot point.

There is an animal spawn thread in the Troubleshooting sub forum that would be more appropriate.  @Bountyflap Jack is new here and likely didn't see the other more recent discussions.  .....no worries Jack.

EDIT:  I went ahead and split off the discussion today in the other thread about the "best hunting spots" to here in the official, stickied thread regarding the animal spawn issue and the last responses removed in the interest of getting back to the topic at hand.  .....the animal spawn problem, workarounds, experiences and discussion of the topic.  

• Kean_1 changed the title to **Animal Spawn Issue Discussion** (Since Summer and Recent Updates)

For those interested, I submitted a trouble ticket with R* Support last Thursday (1/9).  Here was the content of that:

Very few and/or no animal spawns in game world since the last big update. This has always been a hit or miss issue for some but ever since the last TU it seems many are experiencing a game world mostly void of animal life. Players are using the Legendary Bounty where they can still hunt, etc. Only then does the wildlife return when they are in this state alone or with friends.

Some say it gets worse the more people that are in Free Roam with you. This issue was never problem for me in the past but is now since the update. I hope this wasn't done deliberately as it takes so much away from the gameplay experience. A world once seen as alive and dynamic seems so empty without all the wildlife. I am hoping that R* is working on a fix and any information you could share about the progress or acknowledgement of the issue would be great. I would like to provide some news and/or hope for the RDO fans on our site. I appreciate it.

I'm awaiting a response but it seems since the last time I sent in a ticket, the posted response time if now <96 hrs vs. the <48 hrs it was previously.  Back then (pre-PC release), I usually had a response from a real person usually the same day.  .....so I expect (hope) to hear something next week by Tues or Wed.  I'll post their reply when I do.

30 minutes ago, Dazlirn said:

so how can I level Up Trader ?? because there is no F.... animal .... FIX this Jesus christ .... -_-

The work around currently is to start a mission or bounty or other activity that puts you into a solo session, then go hunting, load up your satchel and wagon, and horse, then fail or complete the mission, then go feed Cripps, rinse and repeat, it stinks, but it works.

Also, at times when you least expect it, you will be put into a solo session, the other day I started a moonshine delivery, for some reason it put me into a solo session, and after I delivered it the session remained, this does happen from time to time, I am not sure why or how to predict it, but when it happens, take full advantage of it and hunt.

When it last happened to me, I filled Cripps, then filled my wagon and satchel, then I went and grabbed crabs and pelicans so when the daily challenges come up I have the items I need to craft a seasoned xyz in my inventory and dont need to go try to find them in a public session.

It isnt much of a fix or work around but it is better than nothing at the moment.

I really wish other than fixing the problems, ie: no animals, random disconnects, infinite loading screens, daily challenges not giving credit, and all the other problems we are experiencing that R* would communicate better, tell us what you are working on, why it is taking so long to fix these things, why you can fix a gold glitch but not a camp issue, etc...

They just arent very good at communicating with us at all.

I love this game, but honestly it is a joke at this point, the game is busted, it rarely if ever works as it should anymore, and worse than that, no word on what is being done to fix it.

I dont want to take a break from it, as I maintain a lenghty daily challenge streak, so if I stop playing, I am just out, but that is a last resort, I have stuck it out through so many issues at this point, that I find it hard to just stop playing, even if it is broken.

Right now I am waiting for next week so xbx players can get the content ps players got last month, after that, I am back to nothing to do or look forward too in the game, so I really hope things change quickly.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:58 PM, Darconios said:

freakshow?   You are finding cougar spawns on regular servers?   Do you play at 3am...?    I once did a video where I caught 5 perfect cougars one night near blackwater... but I have no seen a cougar or the panthers at stillwater/south of rhodes since last year.   Are you not glitching missions to make it happen?
I am surprised by that comment.   I would have said finding a cougar on a regular server is totally impossible this year so far... unless 3am... (oddly late night animals come more).

I'm with Hickock.. FIX THE DAMN SPAWNS.. lol

Theres a few cabins in tall trees with set spawns that will spawn a cougar and bear regardless if animals spawns are broken or not.  Im not exactly sure on the timer for the spawns.  But you can lobby jump and keep getting cougars and bears in the exact spot over and over again.

29 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

We have needed this for some time. Great move!

.......it's been a sticky since Sept and the owner also created this Troubleshooting forum around that same time IIRC at the request of another mod.   It was a bear having to wade through all of the threads, move them over here, consolidate hot topics, etc. but I think it was worth it.

• Like 2

I was thinking and suggested to R* that maybe until they can find a fix to the server issues that are preventing animal spawns in most sessions they coudl create a new mode.

Free Roam Hunting mode.

In this mode players can join for 48 in game hours to hunt or do anything they want to do in a server capped at 12 players.

After 48 in game hours they woudl be pushed back into a public server, giving others a chance to join and hunt.

Then once you have participated in this you have to wait 72 in game hours minimum to re-join a hunting session so players are constantly revolving in and out of these servers playing this mode.

I dont know, I am just desperate to think of anything that can help with this fundamental problem with the game.

I can take many of the issues we suffer with, but no animals is where I am at a loss.

I just have no desire to tun the game on when I know there are no animals to hunt.

It is boring, dead and sterile.

Making suggestions often doesnt help, but who knows, maybe if an idea gets some traction, is reasonable in its implementation and servers the community they would consider it?

I was really hoping today was the day we got the ps4 exclusive content that came out last month but I forgot we have one more week to go, so the little thing I was looking forward too is still a week off, that is another week of struggling to do daily challenges, run trader deliveries, and anything else that the game currently is void of, dynamic events are down, treasure maps are down, animal spawns are extremely limited, etc..

I'm a dedicated player, I play every single day despite all the issues, I maintain a daily challenge streak to acquire gold in preparation for the next update that requires role purchases and other items to be paid for with gold.

I try to find the good, I have defended R* and this game since launch each time there is an issue and usually R* gets to it and makes a fix or an adjustment or tweak to the game to make improvements, they just dont communicate well with us, or tell us what they are working on as it happens which leads to tons of speculation and negative experiences for people waiting for these fixes to come in.

I still love the game, I believe Rockstar is aware and is working on the game, BUT we just dont know what they are trying to do or why it is taking this long or what obstacles they are running into and this information would go a long way in helping some of us remain patient.

If you dont know you can use their feedback and bug reporting forms still to report issues and if you are playing RDR2 online and having ANY of these issues you really should take a minute to do this, the more they hear from us the more they pay attention to things, if people arent reporting the issues and complaining when things are broken they arent necessarily going to focus more attention in to fixing these things, so please, if you have an issue with the game,  let them know, tell them what you are seeing, and what is wrong.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

If you already have done this, do it again, once a week take stock, is the game fixed? if not let them know, let them know you enjoy the game and are hanging around waiting for them to fix what is broke, but woudl appreciate some news on the matter, maybe if more people got involved in reporting things maybe would get more attention?

When this game is running properly it is amazing and so much fun, the world comes alive and it is a joy to bee a part of, when you have seen the game run this way and then you are stuck with the way the game is currently running, it is just depressing, and it gets more frustrating every week when nothing seems to get fixed and you cant get a word from R* about what they are working toward regarding these issues.

I hope they do get it sorted out sooner than later, I love what they created and understand how much of an undertaking all this was, and I Respect how they went about it, I just want to see this game I love get fixed so we can all enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

It cant hurt

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

I was in a server/lobby the other day that seemed to be loaded with animals. I was thrilled. I got a bit of hunting done, accidentally started a mission and was brought back to a new, dead zone. No animals anywhere. I don't understand this. How are some loaded and others completely bare? It never seems to matter how many people are in the lobby either. 

Honestly, what maintains interest in this game is the animal hunting. This goes for everyone I talk to - it's the first issue that crops up and the only one they repeatedly complain about when we play. There is a work around, currently, but not having anything to hunt does not shift my interest into other portions of the game. Rather, it just turns me away from it altogether. Having that choice taken does not increase interest in other areas. I LIKE seeing animals and deciding I would prefer do a mission. Or actually having something to do during slow portions of a mission.

You know it's bad when your friends won't play the game because there's nothing to do while they wait for stuff to get done.

I miss the days when roaming the map with your posse doing stranger missions was a thing.  Getting into adventures, pvp along the way. 

Now, we only seem to posse up for wagon deliveries. Because everyone wants their own Cripps/Marcel working, and if you're in someone's posse yours aren't working. 

21 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

looks like rockstar decided to completely remove animals from the game. usually it's ultra rare to find wild animals, but they still left a few alligators and rats around. now there's absolutely nothing left.

They didn't remove all animals from the game.  If you've been following the topic, folks state that they can still see animals during missions and scenarios where you or your group are in your own session.  Also, it seems animals will spawn more frequently on low-pop Free Roam servers.

This has always been an issue for some and/or at certain times, but seems to have become really widespread and persistent issue for most since the last big update.  

.....but yeah, the issue isn't that R* removed animals from the game.  Their current pop likely has to do more with other changes they made, etc.  I highly doubt this current state was the intended result.   

11 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

They didn't remove all animals from the game.  If you've been following the topic, folks state that they can still see animals during missions and scenarios where you or your group are in your own session.  Also, it seems animals will spawn more frequently on low-pop Free Roam servers.

This has always been an issue for some and/or at certain times, but seems to have become really widespread and persistent issue for most since the last big update.  

.....but yeah, the issue isn't that R* removed animals from the game.  Their current pop likely has to do more with other changes they made, etc.  I highly doubt this current state was the intended result.   

yes. i know that it has always been an issue, but today there's absolutely no more animals. not even a single rat. and it doesn't matter how many times you log in. also i know that there are probably animals on missions, but i already finished all missions, and i only play free roam. so, what i mean is that they finally remove all animals from free roam. even if it's a bug i'm pretty sure that they could add the animals again on the game if they wanted to, or, at least, remove the animal related objectives from the dailies.

1 hour ago, NeKryXe said:

yes. i know that it has always been an issue, but today there's absolutely no more animals. not even a single rat. and it doesn't matter how many times you log in. also i know that there are probably animals on missions, but i already finished all missions, and i only play free roam. so, what i mean is that they finally remove all animals from free roam. even if it's a bug i'm pretty sure that they could add the animals again on the game if they wanted to, or, at least, remove the animal related objectives from the dailies.

Playing the missions isn't the point I was trying to make. What people are doing for example is playing certain legendary bounties without completing the mission. You simply load in and then hunt to your heart's content.  The shops are still open, etc. Not ideal but it has been a work around.

The other point was that animals have been seen in numbers in low population servers as well.  

.....so, they are not gone but there is an issue and it appears to be related to how many people are in a session, etc.  

As for R* doing something about it, they know there's an issue and I'm sure they've seen all the negative feedback. It may not be as easy to just flip a switch here but the fact is, no one here knows exactly what had been changed in the big update that caused it and what changes would be necessary to fix the problem.

The issue is R* has never really been God with communication and since PC release, Support hasn't been much help as they have been overwhelmed.  

6 minutes ago, PepinoGrande said:

I miss animals.

.....wrong thread.  :)

19 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Not me, 100% glad they nerfed it ... should have never had the same range and pop as a higher powered rifle. 

Agreed although I wish they would delve deeper in this regard including the damage and combat mechanics. ......but I guess R* games will always be more arcadey in that respect.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Not me, 100% glad they nerfed it ... should have never had the same range and pop as a higher powered rifle. 

I was not referring to how OP it used to be... I was referring to when we used to have animals in the game to hunt

I guess PETA made a complaint, rockstar caved, and all animals had to be removed from the game.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

since PC release, Support hasn't been much help as they have been overwhelmed.  

Pretty much. I know I haven't heard back from them with my last message and it has been over 2 weeks. I give up. I was going to tell them about the issues I have been having with fishing and see if there is something that I can do for the time being. I think they just straight up ghosted me lol

4 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

I was not referring to how OP it used to be... I was referring to when we used to have animals in the game to hunt

I guess PETA made a complaint, rockstar caved, and all animals had to be removed from the game.

Gotcha, my bad.... I’ve been playing since day 1 of the beta and that gave me flashbacks to that BS...  I miss the animals too, big time! 

17 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

Guess I missed the reference to the animal spawn issue in the OP.  I'll go ahead and merge this with the main thread then.

....but yeah, the animal spawn issue really needs to get addressed and soon.  Personally, I haven't been playing for weeks because of it.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:40 PM, Kean_1 said:

Playing the missions isn't the point I was trying to make. What people are doing for example is playing certain legendary bounties without completing the mission. You simply load in and then hunt to your heart's content.  The shops are still open, etc. Not ideal but it has been a work around.

i really need to test this :) thanx ;)

oh... wait... you said "
certain".

Edited by NeKryXe
update

16 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

i really need to test this :) thanx ;)

oh... wait... you said "
certain".

Yeah.  It's just certain ones where you have to ride to the yellow shaded area to kick the bounty off.  You simply avoid riding near that soot.

Some start out right away being timed, etc.  I wish I could remember which ones were the right legendaries for this. I'm sure others can help with that though as it's a fairly common work-around.

• Like 1