**Animal Spawn Issue Discussion** (Since Summer and Recent Updates)

10 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah.  It's just certain ones where you have to ride to the yellow shaded area to kick the bounty off.  You simply avoid riding near that soot.

Some start out right away being timed, etc.  I wish I could remember which ones were the right legendaries for this. I'm sure others can help with that though as it's a fairly common work-around.

i'm going to search that. thanks.

until now, all suggested solutions i found were too complex and a waste of time.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only thing I could add to this conversation is I also don't believe that level has correlation with the animal spawns, but it's some is kind of Nerf/throttle on progress. As others stated it seem

.......it's been a sticky since Sept and the owner also created this Troubleshooting forum around that same time IIRC at the request of another mod.   It was a bear having to wade through all of the t

Had this happen 3 times tonight. Killed about 5 animals & no more spawned. Ran around for ten mins & said the hell with this. I switch servers & the animals spawn right away. They stop spa

10 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

until now, all suggested solutions i found were too complex and a waste of time.

This one is a piece of cake. The bounty will start off as normal and have a transition screen (black screen) and when you reappear, you'll be in your own server (or just with your posse) and then have to ride to the mission area. You simply avoid.going there and the whole game world is open to you. 

However, you obviously can't start other missions, etc. but you can hunt and even visit the butcher, etc. Roles are also locked out of course since youre technically in a role mission already.  Just stock up and then cancel the mission or finish it when youre ready to go back.

.....sorry for the grammatical and punctuation errors. I'm on my phone.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, NeKryXe said:

looks like rockstar decided to completely remove animals from the game. 

R* didn't just decide to f the game up... It's a glitch. My main character rank 300 = no animals. But my 2nd character/profile rank 100 = animals everywhere no issues.

Now I cannot figure out why my 1st profile has no animals but my 2nd profile has animals everywhere.. Since both profiles are on the same Xbox using the same game files.

31 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah.  It's just certain ones where you have to ride to the yellow shaded area to kick the bounty off.  You simply avoid riding near that soot.

Some start out right away being timed, etc.  I wish I could remember which ones were the right legendaries for this. I'm sure others can help with that though as it's a fairly common work-around.

If I remember correctly the Owlhoot family bounty doesn't have a timer, since you have to ride around & capture 4 different bounties. I remember this one having the yellow shaded area.

8 minutes ago, C20Dragon said:

My main character rank 300 = no animals. But my 2nd character/profile rank 100 = animals everywhere no issues.

interesting. i never related it to level, but i always played on servers with animals until level 150, then it starting to get worst, and after level 160 looks like all animals vanished.

maybe they are prioritizing best servers to lower level players to give them a chance.

Edited by NeKryXe
edit

Level has nothing to do with it in my case. .....I'm lvl 80 something and hardly any animals spawn. 

Also, regarding the bounties you choose, your choice may also boil down to what region you want to spawn so you'll figure out which ones you might prefer over others.  ....there is more than one. 

I'd also check out the Owlhoot one Dragon mentioned (thanks for that). My friend and I had to experiment a bit since we weren't too sure ourselves at first (he forgot at the time and I had no clue).

I know R* tweaked some of the legendaries recently so you can't skin animals. I know that the Yukon Nik and the Philip Carlier ones are both still good. I've used the Carlier one...somewhat a pain with the weird cutscene you have to go through first, but it does work fine.

26 minutes ago, Pags said:

I know R* tweaked some of the legendaries recently so you can't skin animals. I know that the Yukon Nik and the Philip Carlier ones are both still good. I've used the Carlier one...somewhat a pain with the weird cutscene you have to go through first, but it does work fine.

Are you talking about how your character drops the pelt you're carrying?  .....because if that's what your talking about, then all you have to do is pick it up again.  

I also discovered that if I made sure my hands were empty before I started skinning, I didn't notice the problem.

....or is this something entirely new where you can't skin them at all, etc.?

30 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Are you talking about how your character drops the pelt you're carrying?  .....because if that's what your talking about, then all you have to do is pick it up again.  

I also discovered that if I made sure my hands were empty before I started skinning, I didn't notice the problem.

....or is this something entirely new where you can't skin them at all, etc.?

No, not being able to skin at all.  Just recently went looking for info on the best one(s) to use as I give up on a spawn fix, and saw that complaint multiple times...enough to believe it. If I recall, the Sergio Vincenza definitely does not allow skinning. Not sure about which others may have this issue. 

Also seems to be a lot of debate whether you can call your wagon in all of them and even more so, whether large predators spawn in every one. The 2 I mentioned seem to be by far the most suggested, and I can confirm firsthand that both work in the Philip Carlier one. Also love it for the gators. Small gator skins are worth a good amount and surprisingly the gator teeth can move Cripps bar quite a lot...shame you can only carry like 30 of them.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:21 PM, Kean_1 said:

They didn't remove all animals from the game.  If you've been following the topic, folks state that they can still see animals during missions and scenarios where you or your group are in your own session.  Also, it seems animals will spawn more frequently on low-pop Free Roam servers.

This has always been an issue for some and/or at certain times, but seems to have become really widespread and persistent issue for most since the last big update.  

.....but yeah, the issue isn't that R* removed animals from the game.  Their current pop likely has to do more with other changes they made, etc.  I highly doubt this current state was the intended result.   

i just tried to hunt in a few missions for a couple of hours, and it's true that we still can find some animals in a solo lobby, but most animals are still scarce and very rare. so... i still think that recently R* really decided to reduce the number of animals, and that why in multiple player lobbies the animals are now completely gone.

2 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

i just tried to hunt in a few missions for a couple of hours, and it's true that we still can find some animals in a solo lobby, but most animals are still scarce and very rare. so... i still think that recently R* really decided to reduce the number of animals, and that why in multiple player lobbies the animals are now completely gone.

Don't know what to say.  They were bountiful whenever I was in a solo session with just myself or with friend(s).

Just a heads up...even the bounty work around is not guaranteed to fix things. I spent an hour plus earlier loading up to the point I couldn't carry any more. Ended the bounty and proceeded to spend the next hour and a half sitting on my horse trying to get a camp to spawn anywhere on the map to no avail(just that blinking BS), meaning all that time wasted to just end up with an empty Cripps anyway.  If that wasn't enough insult...got disconnected. 50 Pelts gone. Final straw for me. The game could be absolutely amazing, but instead it's so inherently broken in so many damn ways it's just not worth the frustration anymore...or even the electricity to run the PS4.

Good luck to everyone in their search for animals to trade. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

yeah that's because of a bug where characters put back to their holsters their weapons even if they don't carry one. So the game reads the weapon/holster glitch first and it drops the pelt off your hands but if you already have put it away...

This game is an absolute unnecessary crapshoot right now, my only tips (….

My  advice to those trying to max trader if you get into a solo lobby,  focus on high quality small and medium animals that are persistent.   Sell large pelts and anything else to butcher...cash in hand is better than losing it in a crash.  Also you get 1000xp on resupply, no need to give everything to cripps, you'll be level20 in no time.  Personally I get solo lobby I focus on the $1.50+ birds and meat.

Also, Yep it seems they either nerfed, patched the legendary bounties or it's another bug but if you try to hunt before getting the bounty most of the animals just vanish.

To avoid dropping the skin thing you need to put your gun away b4 skinning but that doesn't always work,  just have to pick it up. Pain in the as*.

Killing all the NPCs and tying up the  bounty or dragging the corpse around works best for solo lobby hunting but that kinda hard since I'm on all  5* bounties and they made them impossible for solos*

I am having better but rare luck getting into solo lobbies after doing a moonshine delivery (which doesn't pay me the right amount) or mission replay on occasions.

Mini spoiler  5* red ben below...

Spoiler

5* red Ben Chapman... I ambush the train at Benedict point and blow up the driver.  After killing all the horseback enemies and I approach the train ,  it's now stinking (would use another word if wasn't family friendly board) moving in the other direction with a new driver. How is that even possible? ...I get in the engine car and they just swarm you enemies on horseback and don't allow you cover.  After all this  plus more...2 bounties alive, 1 dead pays... $70.  Not even worth the aggravation

Even without animal spawns everything  else is  all frustrating bs right now. I guess R* doesn't like to lose and whole game  is bugged out mess.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dissention said:

Even without animal spawns everything  else is  all frustrating bs right now. I guess R* doesn't like to lose and whole game  is bugged out mess.

It is hit or miss for me. The hunting has been an issue for some time. I am lucky to land on a solo lobby but even when I do, I am not guaranteed animals. The rest of the complains most people seem to be having don't effect me nearly as much as everyone else. 

Where are all the critters gone in the last month I have had one good hunt and I have seen very few animals   7 out of 10 times maybe  one if lucky. Now I haven't played as much I love the game for the hunting features. Are others having the same results or should I find a new game

32 minutes ago, White Bear said:

Where are all the critters gone in the last month I have had one good hunt and I have seen very few animals   7 out of 10 times maybe  one if lucky. Now I haven't played as much I love the game for the hunting features. Are others having the same results or should I find a new game

Hi @White Bear and welcome to the forums. 

This is a known issue that has become a problem for many after the last big update. I have moved your thread to the master thread on the subject. Hopefully you can find some answers in here as well and others will likely chime in to help as well. 

We're all hoping R* gets this fixed though.

Yeah the last big update really screwed the pooch. Some people were lucky enough not to have major issues with finding animals and others ended up where you are shortly after. It sucks but as far as I know, they are "working on it". Who knows when it will be fixed though.

i made contact with support once more to see if they have an ETA. Not only they have fixes time but their responses are just disheartening. Two different support guys with the same typo. Rockstar you are just ridiculous.

Marco N.'s reply:

Hello ...

Thank you for your response

We apologize for the extra inconvenience here and we don't have estimation time, we are working hard to fix the issues that players have been encountering. Rockstar will soon fix the issues soon. We are trying hard to give the best for our players.

Kathy A.'s reply:

Hello ...

Thank you for your response

Sorry for the inconvenience you faced in this regards again and again, we are working hard to fix the issues that players have been encountering. Rockstar will soon fix the issues soon. We are trying hard to give the best for our players.

No animals cont. Just a thought, Most of a players aggravation is not knowing and the knowledge is hard to source, if only knowing that its not my lack of skills. Is a huge plus. finding this site is the results of desperation  i hate to admit it but   I kept kept hunting and hopping and buying more gear looking for a fix now I am poor with lots of assets

Edited by White Bear

I have found that if you do a bounty ,get the person and drop them off near where they have to be dropped off,not turned in. You can hunt all animals like it use to be. I know the woman and the wolf-man allow you to go all over the map. Others won't let you go all over. The mission in the moonshine shack,replay mission. What is ? Death and taxes will let you go all over the map and hunt. But no big game. All small game and birds. And you can't bring out fox pelts. Just what you can put in your satchel. The animals are really there in main game but they are invisible. Haven't you heard them but not seen them. I hope this helps. It's the only way unless your in a room with less than 18 people.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:52 PM, NeKryXe said:

legendary bounty hunter yukon nik and red ben clemson if u want animals , other are buggy

• Thanks 1

FYI...  R* has acknowledged the animal spawn issue on Twitter and their Support site:

Low animal counts in Red Dead Online

Created February 3, 2020Updated February 3, 2020
FollowPrint

Question: Why do some sessions have very few animals spawning?

Answer: We are aware of player reports of low animal counts in Red Dead Online while playing in certain sessions. We are currently working on a fix and will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

• Like 1

Sorry in advance if there are players w no animals...but, yesterday I had animals like before, you still had to hunt so it was rewarding. I got a good cougar [marked the spawn area to return. (Perfect cougars are worth the most points to Cripps for goods production.)] and a perfect black bear w bow. I finished lvl 20 Trader later that session. While dinging 47, getting a new silver Klodgruber, it was one of those good gaming days. So cheers fellers n fellas.

Hope the maintenance time today doesn't break it. 

If you can't find any animals in your red dead 2 online game,here's how to get them. First turn off your social matchmaking. Then start a long distance delivery with Cripps. After you finish the mission and you have turned off matchmaking. It will put you in a private room. Animals everywhere again. Missions all alone. Nobody else will be in the room so the animals will appear again. Since rockstar can't seem to fix this problem on their own I thought I would just do it myself. I hope this helps,unlike rockstar. I hope they don't nerf this as well as everything else they have.

I still don't understand the issue they are having with animal spawns and why they haven't been able to fix it. It is so random sometimes. Like there are times I am online and see a decent amount of animals, nothing what you would expect but still a decent amount, other times completely dead. Not even a snake. 

I’ve seen where the animal spawn  has been an issue I’ve had this issue as well but I’m my experience the animal spawn hasent been a problem down around armadillos and tumbleweed atleast not for me keep in mind down there it’s mostly Pronhorn and desert bighorn sheep ive also found a lot of Desert iguanas and even some boar in the southern region     Of gaptooth ridge. Keep in mind this is just from my experience