Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

Lonestar

On 5/23/2018 at 8:02 PM, elmZ said:

I feel like waiting on this game has been like waiting on my damn horse from RDR....

52949f213c0af10097a3fc37d86dd773.jpg

LOL I remember one time I was calling for my horse when I was being chased down and the damn thing stopped midstride and started doing a slow trot, walked right past me.  I am glad the horses will have more to them in RDR2 cause the ones form RDR used to piss me off lol

On 5/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, redscrew said:

Never dreamed about a game much less one before it was released but that is pretty cool. Shows how big of a fan you are. I need to step up my game here. For shame. :( 

I don't think a lot of people do, even them die-hard CoD players who do it for a living. No worries there friend. I probably remember 5 dreams a year myself. 

23 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

What would impress me is if someone was able to dream about the game's ending and be spot on. I am talking now, while we don't have any idea of how it will end much less who will be involved. 

That would qualify as being able to predict the future in a sense. That is like some Nostradamus level stuff right there man. 

21 hours ago, bluntTR4P said:

So we are starting to see some news coming out. Preorder details and what not. Now, this release date is finally feeling real to me. Thank God! 

Really? I figured after IGN's video, it would have felt real. I mean, it isn't like it was something that was still up in the clouds like before. 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, #SadCowboy said:

Man, I am going to end up spending more than I intended on this game. I kind of want to get two of the collector's editions. One to keep sealed and one to open. That is going to be so much money though... 

Or... And this is only a suggestion...

You can buy two of them and mail one to me... Good ol' buddy ol' pal ;)

I mean if you are going to start buying some extra collector's editions... I want one too lol

How much you guys thinking they will be? Did they even give a price for them yet? I am afraid to ask. 

3 hours ago, SNAK3S said:

I mean if you are going to start buying some extra collector's editions... I want one too lol

How much you guys thinking they will be? Did they even give a price for them yet? I am afraid to ask. 

Listed as €99.99 for me on the warehouse but shows as out of stock.

11 hours ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I was guessing that would be over $100. Seems like they are going all out with the bells and whistles for this one. 

Who here is actually going to get that collector's edition? 

Not for that price especially since it doesn't include the game lol.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:40 AM, Jamesie said:

Not for that price especially since it doesn't include the game lol.

Wait... WHAT!? It doesn't include the game at all or is it just a digital download? If it is no game at all, then screw that. Hard pass.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Reyes said:

Wait... WHAT!? It doesn't include the game at all or is it just a digital download? If it is no game at all, then screw that. Hard pass.

Haha I know right! From their site on the collectors box:

DOES NOT INCLUDE GAME. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SOLD SEPARATELY. CONTENTS MAY CHANGE; CHECK ROCKSTARGAMES.COM/REDDEADREDEMPTION2/ORDER BEFORE RELEASE FOR FINAL DETAILS.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, GatoNegro said:

What kind of horse crap is that?? I have never heard of a collector's edition not including the bloody game. They have to change this. 

They are doing it so people can still choose their edition of the game. Makes sense really but the price should be lower given that fact. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benjo said:

They are doing it so people can still choose their edition of the game. Makes sense really but the price should be lower given that fact. 

I mean sure, I get that but what the hell. Why not include a code or something to buy the game from the store you get the collector's edition from. This way the base game is at least paid for by them. 

I just realized that the game is coming out on a Friday. I am not sure how I just now notice that but this is great for me. I might not need to request off of work... I still might though for Friday or Monday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLIP said:

I just realized that the game is coming out on a Friday. I am not sure how I just now notice that but this is great for me. I might not need to request off of work... I still might though for Friday or Monday. 

Haha yeah it makes a nice change knowing that we'll be able to get home and just start playing without watching to clock because of work the next day. Just really hoping they deliver the copy before or on the Friday (I'll promise to not open and play it beforehand........in front of anyone else).

• Like 2

I didn't even think about it. Regardless of the day it was released on, I wouldn't be working or doing anything other than playing the game. I guess this is better news for some but my work schedule runs 7 days a week and my days off change all the time. 

21 hours ago, RON said:

I didn't even think about it. Regardless of the day it was released on, I wouldn't be working or doing anything other than playing the game. I guess this is better news for some but my work schedule runs 7 days a week and my days off change all the time. 

Same here man, same here. It sucks cause I can't even ask for time off in advance. We basically get a 30 day window so if enough people beat me to the dates I want off, I won't get them. 

Take-Two Interactive is fighting against the narrative that in the wake of Grand Theft Auto Online’s success, the company will work on maximizing the profits by using similar monetization methods in all future games.

While Red Dead Redemption 2 had only a limited, behind-closed-doors presence at E3 2018, the game publisher’s CEO did answer some questions.

Strauss Zelnick’s statements, while not revealing any new information about the game proper, give some insight into how things work at Take-Two and Rockstar, what direction the company wants to take, and what aspects of game development they prioritize. Though the questions didn’t directly aim at these issues, two frequently voiced fan fears were also addressed.

You can read the whole interview with VentureBeat’s Dean Takahashi here. It’s an interesting piece of insight into Zelnick’s business philosophies and is worth reading for people who care about the industry side of things.

There is, however, also a few answers that help us glean a bit about what to expect from Red Dead Redemption 2.

trailer_screen20-800x450.jpg

After the huge successes of Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto 5, the expectations for Red Dead Redemption 2 are colossal, and high expectations like these carry with them worry.

After GTA 5’s once announced single-player DLC was quietly canned and the focus was shifted to Online, players began to worry that the success of the multiplayer mode would result in Red Dead Redemption 2’s single-player portion being half-assed, with emphasis placed on multiplayer.

This has been the most prominent worry among fans ever since the announcement included a line stating that the game will also have a multiplayer mode.

An official Rockstar statement recently confirmed that the company is also committed to single-player experiences, which did help with the unrest, but only so much.

Zelnick was asked about the state of single-player games in an industry dominated by competitive e-sports and battle royale games being streamed en masse. His stance was clear, and reassuring:

Single-player, in my opinion, is not dead, not even close. Companies that feel like they’ll just avoid the hard work of building a story and characters and go right to where the money is in multiplayer, I don’t think that’s going to work. I’d be surprised.

In fact, it was the very success of GTA 5, in spite of the high player counts of Online, that provided further evidence that single-player experiences are still sought after. At launch, GTA Online was not included, only the story mode, and it broke all sales expectations.

We certainly feel like there’s no evidence that people don’t want a single-player, because they’re still playing Grand Theft Auto V.

Another concern voiced by players quite frequently is now that Rockstar has a clear model for a financially successful game, they’ll just copy it. Some are afraid that Red Dead Redemption 2 will just be GTA 5 all over again with a Wild West skin.

While the reports of gameplay demos shown to press earlier this year helped assuage this fear, the fact that the public hasn’t seen any of that footage means it’s still afoot.

trailer_screen13-800x450.jpg

Zelnick addressed the innovative and creative nature of the design philosophy prevalent among Take-Two’s subsidiaries. He sees creativity as a key resource and asset, and the success of the games developed by the companies under the aegis of Take-Two prove him right.

We say that our strategy is to be the most creative, the most innovative, and the most efficient. We really encourage our creative teams to follow what they’re passionate about. We give them a lot of resources to do that. We don’t tend to be focused on what used to work – “Let’s replicate what used to work.” We’re very focused on what’s on the cutting edge, what’s going to engage and entertain consumers in the future. We’re willing to take measured risk. When we get it wrong, we’re collaborative with the studios. We don’t point fingers.

While the frequent releases of 2K makes this more apparent in their case, comparing the more spaced out Rockstar titles prove this as well. Simply taking a look at a running comparison between GTA games shows that aside from a general iconic formula, the series has changed and evolved significantly.

trailer_screen8-800x450.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2 is nearing release and the hype has been mounting nonstop since the initial announcement of the game. In the past few weeks, news flow has begun to pick up and soon more and more information will be revealed to the public. Based on various accounts from journalists we have an idea of what to expect but are yet to see the game in action.

The post Strauss Zelnick Says Single Player Is Far From Dead appeared first on RDR2.

Read the full story

On 6/20/2018 at 9:49 PM, NewsBot said:

Take-Two Interactive is fighting against the narrative that in the wake of Grand Theft Auto Online’s success, the company will work on maximizing the profits by using similar monetization methods in all future games.

Just don't screw us over Rockstar. I don't want this to become a profit monkey that you dance around on us with. Also don't want to see this become a pay to win online game either. 

12 hours ago, tadp0le said:

Just don't screw us over Rockstar. I don't want this to become a profit monkey that you dance around on us with. Also don't want to see this become a pay to win online game either. 

I spent hundreds of hours just roaming about offline in RDR1, so if it does become a grindfest with squealy 12 year olds online then I'll just do that instead. I imagine there's 100x more to see and do in 2 than there was in 1.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Benjo said:

I spent hundreds of hours just roaming about offline in RDR1, so if it does become a grindfest with squealy 12 year olds online then I'll just do that instead. I imagine there's 100x more to see and do in 2 than there was in 1.

Hell yeah! I actually plan to do this anyway before I go anywhere near online. I understand that a lot of people prefer online and the interaction with others but for me (at least in RDR) it was about enjoying that beautiful scenery and just going wherever you felt you wanted to (well except where the story prevented you from going lol).

I'm hoping that we get that same feeling again with exploring and moving about solo from one place to another between campaign missions without too many annoying side-quests to keep our "camp" happy ("Let's Go Bowling cousin!").

1 minute ago, Jamesie said:

Hell yeah! I actually plan to do this anyway before I go anywhere near online. I understand that a lot of people prefer online and the interaction with others but for me (at least in RDR) it was about enjoying that beautiful scenery and just going wherever you felt you wanted to (well except where the story prevented you from going lol).

I'm hoping that we get that same feeling again with exploring and moving about solo from one place to another between campaign missions without too many annoying side-quests to keep our "camp" happy ("Let's Go Bowling cousin!").

Haha good old needy Roman. I used to enjoy hunting in 1 and was always left a bit lacking that there was no actual use for it other than for selling stuff. As I had about $30k that incentive went away pretty quickly, so I'm actually pretty happy that they've managed to come up with a mechanic that actually gives hunting a proper function, especially as you can just do it at your leisure.