Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

Lonestar

30 minutes ago, Benjo said:

Haha good old needy Roman. I used to enjoy hunting in 1 and was always left a bit lacking that there was no actual use for it other than for selling stuff. As I had about $30k that incentive went away pretty quickly, so I'm actually pretty happy that they've managed to come up with a mechanic that actually gives hunting a proper function, especially as you can just do it at your leisure. 

There were just so many moments in there that I could honestly just stop and absorb them for a good few minutes at a time and feel calmer after doing so, it really was a joy to play through when you weren't in a rush (I've been playing Undead Nightmare recently and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it because it has a much more serious tone).

It's as you've said, at your own leisure which is what I'm after.

6 hours ago, Benjo said:

I spent hundreds of hours just roaming about offline in RDR1, so if it does become a grindfest with squealy 12 year olds online then I'll just do that instead. I imagine there's 100x more to see and do in 2 than there was in 1.

Oh for sure. I have heard a lot of people and read things from others expressing that they wouldn't even bother with the game if the online end is in the shitter. I don't get this logic. The main point of the game is the campaign end. How are you going to call yourself a fan and skip the entire game over online not being up to standards? Sounds like something a 12 year old would say. Glad to see others who think like me. 

I'll likely spend more time offline as well but at the same time, I do intend on enjoying the online end more than I did on RDR2 and even more than GTA V. I liked both but both had a way of playing great for a month or so and then I got bored with them. 

A lot of the hardcore fans of RDR that I have talked to said they aren't even interested in the online aspect of the game so I am not surprised to see more people saying this. It really shouldn't be a selling point for the game, just a bit of icing on the cake.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, Qu3ster said:

A lot of the hardcore fans of RDR that I have talked to said they aren't even interested in the online aspect of the game so I am not surprised to see more people saying this. It really shouldn't be a selling point for the game, just a bit of icing on the cake.

For a lot of people, it is a selling point though. Gamers of all ages have come to a point where online gaming with friends makes a game more worth buying. I know more people who play video games online than those who just strickly play solo campaign games. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 7:13 PM, dIV4r said:

For a lot of people, it is a selling point though. Gamers of all ages have come to a point where online gaming with friends makes a game more worth buying. I know more people who play video games online than those who just strickly play solo campaign games. 

Yup. I know some myself who will not buy a game they can't play with friends online. I grew up with mostly solo games and a few 2 player option games but they were never online so I can go either way but I know for most gamers, they want to be online. 

I don't care if people buy games for one reason or another. I buy what I want to play and play it how I want to. I have gotten games with great online ends and never touched them, only stuck to the campaign but I have also done the opposite. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:31 AM, "DOC" said:

Bring back IRISH and charlie is probably a puppy or not even born yet. 

I am hoping to see Irish come back. I haven't spotted anything or read anything on him making a return yet though. Would be cool, even if it is only for one mission. 

• Like 1

I am sure the characters that were a hit with people will be in this game in some shape, way, or form. I am glad they aren't giving us all of that. I want to come across old characters while playing the game and be surprised. 

On 7/2/2018 at 12:52 AM, bluntTR4P said:

I am sure the characters that were a hit with people will be in this game in some shape, way, or form. I am glad they aren't giving us all of that. I want to come across old characters while playing the game and be surprised. 

Oh for sure. Though I don't think they will be all back because the area, and the fact that the game takes place years before RDR. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, "DOC" said:

Online is ridiculous and the talk of JUST Online games in the future is just plain stupid nonsense....Who even considered killing story mode?. 

Rockstar isn't but I can tell you one game that did just this... Call of Duty. The next game, Black Ops 4, will not have a campaign mode. Like at all. lol

CoD is garbage anymore and that further proves it. Charge full price for half a game? Not even Rockstar is that crappy. These companies don't give a crap about their own games anymore cause they know people will just keep buying them since everyone else is.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, Skrylaxx said:

CoD is garbage anymore and that further proves it. Charge full price for half a game? Not even Rockstar is that crappy. These companies don't give a crap about their own games anymore cause they know people will just keep buying them since everyone else is.

Please tell this to my boyfriend. He is convinced this will be the best COD game yet. I just keep shaking my head. It is the same thing over and over again only this time there isn't a full game!

22 hours ago, LinXX said:

Please tell this to my boyfriend. He is convinced this will be the best COD game yet. I just keep shaking my head. It is the same thing over and over again only this time there isn't a full game!

You dude needs to stop messing with children's games and play games like a man. Tell him I said that and he can fight me if he wants to. Call of Booby sucks. 

Besides that, he will completely forget that garbage exists when RDR2 comes out. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Am I the only one who thinks Marston here looks like Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead . . . ? 

On 6/8/2018 at 1:36 AM, VampireKrush said:

Why does this angle of John look a lot like Norman Reedus?

original.gif

Nope, someone else thought this too and now I see it as well and it cannot be unseen. I actually remember reading the comment and never replying to Vamp on it. Over a month late here. 

On 6/26/2018 at 12:43 AM, redscrew said:

I'll likely spend more time offline as well but at the same time, I do intend on enjoying the online end more than I did on RDR2 and even more than GTA V. I liked both but both had a way of playing great for a month or so and then I got bored with them. 

You got bored with GTA V after a few months? Like I can see how but even with all the new content they kept dumping out? I would play for a few months, take a break, then go back and play again. I didn't get overly bored with it but I have since stopped playing as the people I did play with moved on. 

On 6/15/2018 at 4:36 AM, Jamesie said:

Haha yeah it makes a nice change knowing that we'll be able to get home and just start playing without watching to clock because of work the next day. Just really hoping they deliver the copy before or on the Friday (I'll promise to not open and play it beforehand........in front of anyone else).

(a very belated response here lol)

Yeah, that is how I am feeling. For online ordering, I have always had a mixed bag. Sometimes it shows up the day before, the day of release or a few days after. It being on a Friday worries me cause if it is pushed back, I might not get it till Monday so I am thinking I will just preorder at GameStop and pick it up before work if I have to work or if I can get the day off, I will just grab it first thing in the morning. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, YellowDragon said:

I have only did a preorder 2 times online and both times the game came past the actual release date so I am not risking that with RDR2. I have a car and functioning legs, I will just preorder it in store. 

I have heard of that happening but never ran into an issue with Amazon. Where did you order the games from?

I think I am going to just get it on Amazon. I really can't be bothered to wake up and go out. Also, I was going to get it at a midnight release, if they have one at GameStop, but I will likely be working that day and I work till 1AM a lot of times. 

On 7/20/2018 at 1:17 AM, mizTik said:

I think I am going to just get it on Amazon. I really can't be bothered to wake up and go out. Also, I was going to get it at a midnight release, if they have one at GameStop, but I will likely be working that day and I work till 1AM a lot of times. 

Are they having any midnight releases? I haven't actually heard anything on this yet. I would like to think they do have them somewhere. 

According to an unverified claim related to a since-deleted image, Rockstar Games has been conducting a new round of Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay previews with select journalists, leading up to a new publicity wave.

The first part of the previous sentence should be warning enough to take this with a grain of salt, but let us stress that the evidence is suspect.

Someone claiming to be a games journalist (on an account lacking a real name, only a username, and no means of verifying the identity) stated that a new round of previews were held recently with the embargo on the resulting articles being lifted sometime in August. Additionally, images of officially licensed Red Dead Redemption 2 t-shirts and new store merch surfaced.

While the claim about the preview event is extremely shady, the merch and the shirt are backed by photographic evidence and worth talking about on their own. Retailers were sent promotional merchandise for Red Dead Redemption soon after the game was announced, however the design of this newer wave has changed.

retail.jpgThe previous merch style.

It now shows key art of Arthur Morgan, details the recently revealed special edition bonuses and has a whole lot more black compared to the red-dominated art of the older materials.

Additionally, screens showing the game's trailers on loop have also been installed at several locations.

red-dead-redemption-2-t-shirts-leak-389x

The t-shirt is a pretty plain piece, with no decoration beyond the word "Redemption" emblazoned on the front in the series' iconic typeface and a small logo patch on the back. It is about as simple as merchandise can get and one would think the designers could have put some cool art on the shirt if the people wearing it will essentially advertise the game for free, but you can bet that more elaborate prints will come later on.

When or how you can get one of those shirts is still a mystery. As for the preview rumor, we'll have to wait and see, it is time for more official news in any event!

The post New Red Dead Redemption 2 Previews Imminent appeared first on RDR2.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Rockstar Games has teamed up with publisher Piggyback to release two editions of their official game guide for Red Dead Redemption 2. The Complete Official Guide, as it is called, includes a wealth of information that will help you with your adventure across the heartland of America.

Two versions of the guide will be released. The standard edition is paperback and contains detailed descriptions and walkthroughs pertaining to every single mission, character, location and activity in the vast game world.

Filled with maps and artwork, the guide will be more than just a physical walkthrough, but more of an encyclopedia containing everything you could want to know about the game and its content.

trailer_screen19-800x450.jpg

The Collector's Edition, meanwhile, is hardcover with slightly modified cover art kept minimalist with no title. Beyond being physically larger and sturdier, it's also printed on high-quality art paper and contains a special character art section not present in the standard edition.

While releasing two separate editions of the guide is a bit strange, it makes sense.

The hardcover, classier look of the Collector's Edition really lends itself to be a display piece that you might leaf through a few times but keep in good shape, while the standard edition is good for fans who intend to have it accompany them on their entire journey, leaving it looking like salad by the time credits roll.

Since walkthroughs will be readily available online (right here!) and you can read up on story details like character histories on RDR2.org as well, the guide is truly an item geared towards the Red Dead Redemption 2 super-fan who wants the experience of using an actual, physical book, just like in the good old days.

trailer_screen10-800x450.jpg

Both versions are up for pre-order on the Rockstar Warehouse and will be available via other stores as well.

The guide will be released alongside the game itself on the 26th of October, 2018 - making it available any sooner would of course lead to spoilers getting out into the wild and nobody wants that.

The post Red Dead Redemption 2 Complete Official Guide Pre-Orders Live appeared first on RDR2.

Read the full story

On 7/25/2018 at 12:38 AM, Anc1entC0re said:

Do we really need two game guides? Like I get it, some people enjoy collecting them or using them but why do we need two? 

"Hey! Want the same book with a hardcover and more pretty pictures!? You have to pay more!!!"

That is the thing though. They are marketing that for collectors as well as fans of digital art. Do I care about either? No. But I am glad it is an option for those people who do.

Fans of Rockstar's games have previously had a chance to augment their future Red Dead Redemption 2 experience by playing a special mission in Grand Theft Auto Online and it seems like a similar promotion will be held once more in the upcoming weeks.

Only this time instead of unlocking a special skin, you'll unlock the whole weapon for use in Red Dead Online.

The promotion was discovered by data miners who went digging through the game files of the latest GTA Online DLC, After Hours.

As usual, Rockstar used the major update to pre-load assets for upcoming content into the game, so later on they only need to flip the switch on tunables instead of forcing players to download the content then and there.

hatchet.jpg

This means that unreleased content is sitting in the game files and it doesn't take too much expertise to dig these assets up. Miners quickly found not only the 3D model for the weapon, but all the code references they needed to load up the entire promo in-engine and give players a full walkthrough of it.

The last time Rockstar did a promotional cross-over between the two games was a few months ago when players went on a scavenger hunt for a series of clues, taking them across the in-game GTA Online map to eventually find a new weapon, the Double-Action Revolver. The weapon was gold plated with an ivory grip, though unremarkable in terms of performance.

Things didn't end there however, with a special headshot challenge being triggered once the weapon was found.

Players had to score 50 headshots with the pistol in order to unlock the skin in Red Dead Redemption 2 - just the skin. The challenge wasn't particularly difficult, since PED headshots also counted towards that number. In case the exclusive skin wasn't incentive enough, players also stood to earn in-game currency by completing the challenge.

This time, things are being switched up a bit.

Instead of a scavenger hunt, players will be contacted by a character who appeared in GTA 5's story mode, Maude Eccles, and given 5 bounties. This mirrors the character's story appearance where she provides Trevor Phillips, one of the three protagonists, with bounties. Upon completing all bounties, Maude reveals the location of the special weapon.

The weapon is a Stone Hatchet, based on Native American design, with a special Rampage ability that increases health regeneration and damage reduction for your character so long as you keep scoring kills with the weapon.

This ability, called Rampage, hints at the challenge you need to complete in order to unlock the weapon in Red Dead Redemption 2.

The Rampage Challenge tasks you with getting 25 kills using the hatchet. Again, killing random PEDs also counts towards that goal, so this challenge is trivial. Once again the reward will be a small sum of in-game currency and the weapon in Red Dead Redemption 2's multiplayer mode when paired with the same Social Club account.

News of this upcoming promotion was unearthed by TGFGuru, TheMagixian and tehGramz. So far we don't know when the promotion will go live in GTA Online.

The post New Red Dead Redemption 2 Weapon Unlock In GTA Online appeared first on RDR2.

Read the full story

• Like 1