Jump to content

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat


Lonestar
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

More than once, I’ve rescued someone from bad guys, only to end up trampling the person I’m supposed to be rescuing...

I helped a poor dude on his way back to Strawberry but accidentally trampled him while avoiding being in the path of a stagecoach, I felt like an idiot haha!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once me and my friend KevinBacon77 were playing together on Free-Roam and we were split up about 20 feet apart. We were both on foot and we decided to get on our horses and ride to the closest Gang Shootout. Simultaneously we got on our horses and sped right into 4x4s posted into the ground laid out to build a fence. would both cracked hard laughing cause we couldn't believe how it was so perfect! We both and our horses face planted the post at the exact same time! Good times on RDO! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2019 at 8:30 PM, liquidfire said:

I think this is going to take them some time yet. I can't see them getting online out of beta for another 3 to 6 months at the rate they are going. Too much gets broken as they try to fix other issues. 

I would like to see it be out of beta testing before summer. That is all I ask. I work less in the summer so I will have more free time to play and I want to enjoy the game more than I am enjoying it lately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, watery buffalo said:

This is a rumor I heard from a friend, supposedly, they have are planning to have it done and out of beta by April 1st. This is supposedly something that was said months ago so who knows.

I am sure this was just someone spitting at a wall and hoping something sticks. I can easily say the game will be done on May 1st and if enough people buy into it, other people will BS their own fake information on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent a good hour last night with a friend of mine messing with these 3 players. I think they must have been like 10 to 13 in age. My friend convinced them he knew a secret to get a ton of gold but you had to do a mix of stuff and had to travel in a group of 5. He had these kids doing all these stunts and then at the end, he just shot the three of them. I was laughing so hard I pulled a muscle. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, DiamondDave said:

I spent a good hour last night with a friend of mine messing with these 3 players. I think they must have been like 10 to 13 in age. My friend convinced them he knew a secret to get a ton of gold but you had to do a mix of stuff and had to travel in a group of 5. He had these kids doing all these stunts and then at the end, he just shot the three of them. I was laughing so hard I pulled a muscle. 

Man that is cold but at the same time, I can respect that. Kids really shouldn't be playing this game. I would say the cut off is maybe 15. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rdr2 personal notes , i played on xbox , downloaded on feb 2019 so a lot glitches were patched

 
misconception about honor : before chapter 6 the best honor you can get is 25% off discount, i spent entire afternoon saying hello to people and it never go over the limit until i do the sister or mrs downe mission

killing jean marc and get 10 % off: if you already have 25 % off , it wont be 35% off,  say the original price is 100, if jean marc lives, you get 25% off for 75 dollars, if he dies, you get 75 minus 7.5 dollars. 

everything will be 10 % off, including cutting your hair or fixing your gun's barrel length or rifling or even clean your guns

after you complete the challenges and bought the bandolier that increase ammo capacity, you wont have to wear it , it is still increased to : shotgun 120, pistol/rifle 200, revolver/repeater 400.


 sidequests : you can pretty much do all the same sidequest as john : 1, the veteran hamish . 2 the widow charlotte, you can do this as john, but you wont get as much scene as arthur 

also, i have some questions : what do the complete set of horsemanship equipment gives you in terms of health benefits, will their be a significant bump in your health ? how about if u complete all 3 health related challenges(horseman/sharpshooter/weapons expert) 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, leikoqin said:

what do the complete set of horsemanship equipment gives you in terms of health benefits, will their be a significant bump in your health ?

I tried to find the exact information for you on this and I am not able to find it. Might be worth posting a thread on it in the Q&A section of the forum to get more attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Inbetween "Veterans homestead" and the "Wapiti reservation" I found "Witches Cauldron" a small shrine like place, with a strange liquid brewing in it. I drank from it, hoping it may be "The cure" ... I don't know what it did, if anything. I'm midway through chapter 6, so I thought what could it hurt. Anyway, just wanted to mention it. I've not bothered looking it up to see what anyone's said about it.  ... back to gaming.

save_82.png

Edited by Wayfaring Stranger
forgot attachment.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Wayfaring Stranger said:

Inbetween "Veterans homestead" and the "Wapiti reservation" I found "Witches Cauldron" a small shrine like place, with a strange liquid brewing in it. I drank from it, hoping it may be "The cure" ... I don't know what it did, if anything. I'm midway through chapter 6, so I thought what could it hurt. Anyway, just wanted to mention it. I've not bothered looking it up to see what anyone's said about it.  ... back to gaming.

save_82.png

First time I stumbled on this, I was expecting some kind of creepy jump scare. I love the detailing and how creepy the area is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

First time I stumbled on this, I was expecting some kind of creepy jump scare. I love the detailing and how creepy the area is. 

me too!  I also drank the brew, and if i recall correctly it knocks you out and you wake up a ways away from the shack.  i ran back and all the stuff i had just looted before drinking from cauldron was back, not sure if it whatever took me out away from the shack when i passed out replaced all the items i looted or if they respawned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Well dang.  Was making good time on the Van Horne to Blackwater run and met a train coming the other way over Bard's Crossing.

Which ended well...

that was always my fear, i'd make a heck of a good run and then get stopped there by a train.  if you do it in the early morning or evening i haven't seen a train there.  during the day they travel that frequently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah. I started in van Horne early in the morning. I tried twice and hit the train twice. 

Ended up killing my horse. Again. 

I gave up on that one,  couldn't get 100% anyway with the legendary fish glitched, and that challenge was just pissing me off lol.  I'd make it to Lake Owanjila and get jumped by the gang that took over Hanging Dog Ranch, forget their name.  or i'd be on the final run past John's house to get to blackwater and a cougar would spawn, so the camera would focus on it for a sec and the horse would run into a boulder beside the road and i'd go flying.  Or i'd actually make the full run, on a nice clear sunny day, running beside the road and on the edge of the tracks to avoid puddles, and get no credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, just tried that challenge and failed it.  There was one part where the horse ran into a rock and John decided it was time to camp rather than get back on the horse again.

Now I wish I had saved my game before making the next attempt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah, I lost my pre-order warhorse over that bridge.  It can be really deflating to wake up after dying to see a strange brown nag wearing your saddle.

that horse should be back in the valentine stable for sale at $0.00  you can't lose the DLC horse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I looked in the nearest stable, it was gone.  Maybe the Valentine stable is something special, so I'll look back there.  At some point, I'll go and claim Buell since I've (hopefully) done most of the dangerous stuff now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, Foxtrot said:

I looked in the nearest stable, it was gone.  Maybe the Valentine stable is something special, so I'll look back there.  At some point, I'll go and claim Buell since I've (hopefully) done most of the dangerous stuff now.

Yeah DLC horses you keep. I am not sure if it is only found at that one stable or not after they die but they are protected content automatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only have the willpower to try this another two times, I tried four times this morning, I keep getting guys on the road who stop me dead or I get a half inch hill that flips me over, hit a puddle once. I got and tried this as Arthur....anybody else yell at their tv for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

I only have the willpower to try this another two times, I tried four times this morning, I keep getting guys on the road who stop me dead or I get a half inch hill that flips me over, hit a puddle once. I got and tried this as Arthur....anybody else yell at their tv for that?

every time i tried it.  I still haven't completed it and quit playing the game.  Not because of this challenge, but i see no point in trying to complete it as it's one of the last things i need for 100% complete, when i hit a legendary fish glitch and can't even get 100%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kormath said:

every time i tried it.  I still haven't completed it and quit playing the game.  Not because of this challenge, but i see no point in trying to complete it as it's one of the last things i need for 100% complete, when i hit a legendary fish glitch and can't even get 100%.

I was lucky enough not to hit that glitch and that would frustrate me to no end! I am worried that a different glitch will keep me from the hundred percent Mark. 

 That exact thing happened to me while I was playing a Far Cry I got every little thing and then I beat the game with like nine out of 10 of something which then stop spawning ... I was Furious, I was left with only two options in my opinion, I refuse to play through it again but luckily I didn't smash my disc with a hammer the way I wanted to so option 3 was just bitter disappointment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can somebody please tell me where I can sell my exotic stuff like gator eggs! They say the nice parts of town I have yet to find anybody!

Disregard I didn't realize there was only one... time activated

Edited by Dewy1314
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm now just three wild horses and three hunting requests away from 100% game completion.

When I'm done, I'll go and collect Buell, take him home and have dinner with my family.  And then sit on the porch.

For a long time.

And then maybe I'll go looking for the animals I've not seen before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...