PlayStation 5 or Project Scarlett?

PlayStation 5 or Project Scarlett?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Next-generation is rolling out next year. Which one are you getting?

• PlayStation 5
    • Project Scarlett

Is it This one?

xbox-logo-1000.png

Of is it this?

a84a52eed531e32c19f8e4e8e516ab06.jpg

The next-generation of console's are nearly upon us. Which one will you be getting and why will you be getting it?

I will probably be getting the PlayStation 5 because PlayStation holds a soft spot in my heart and I think the exclusives are better. But the new Halo is making me do a double take on the decision. It looks really interesting.

I'm probably not in a financial position to get either one right now. Gramps cut off my oil money allowance because I spent too much trying to nail Ariana Grande.

No, that last part's a joke, though I wish it weren't. Ariana would be defenseless to my charms. 😋 But finances are tight for me because I had to move unexpectedly and I'm not sure I can even afford TV service right now, much less a new game console.

PS5 for me.  I've always been quite happy with their consoles regarding quality, etc. The biggest ding for me was not being backward compatible but that's changing with the PS5 and is also another reason I would want to stick with Sony. ....so I play some of these same titles I already purchased on my PS4 on the more powerful PS5.

41 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

PS5 for me.  I've always been quite happy with their consoles regarding quality, etc. The biggest ding for me was not being backward compatible but that's changing with the PS5 and is also another reason I would want to stick with Sony. ....so I play some of these same titles I already purchased on my PS4 on the more powerful PS5.

The loss of backwards compatibility was certainly a hit, but to be fair, it also drove the PS4's price sky high. Supposedly, at least. What I like most is the controllers (or at least the official Sony ones), which are just the right size and shape as opposed to Xbox's too bulky controllers and GameCube's far too square controllers.

14 minutes ago, Parzival said:

The loss of backwards compatibility was certainly a hit, but to be fair, it also drove the PS4's price sky high. Supposedly, at least. What I like most is the controllers (or at least the official Sony ones), which are just the right size and shape as opposed to Xbox's too bulky controllers and GameCube's far too square controllers.

My understanding was that it was the new architecture they went with was what supposedly made it too difficult if not impossible to run the PS3 titles from the PS4.  Of course, they also had the PSNow service which was cloud based which allowed access to them.  .....for a fee of course.

Either way, it appears the PS5 will be compatible with your PS4 games but we still don't know about titles from consoles prior to that.  .....although in my case, I don't really care to revisit PS3 games at this point with the exception of some remastered ones.

Yeah, the controllers.....  Never liked the XB ones and the DS4 versions were such an improvement over the DS3.  I like the placement of the buttons, etc.  Interested to see what the Dualshock 5 is like.  

I plan to go with the PS5. To replace my PS4Pro. Having a gaming PC makes this choice easier. Any exclusives to the XBOX also come out to the PC. So I got that covered. I originally got the PS4, just to be able to play the exclusive for PS4 Bloodborne. Playing with RL friends can be a lot of fun. So there is still time for me to change my mind and going with Scarlet.

19 hours ago, Vendetta said:

It is way to early to make decision. There is not enough information available from either company. 

Same for me. I have never been one to stick with one brand when it came to consoles. I need to know more. I want to hear about more specs, details, exclusive games, and so on before I make my choice. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I am going to get either one. If I do decide to get one next year, I will likely stick with whatever Xbox dishes out. I liked PS1 and PS2 but made the switch to Xbox when the 360 came out. That was my favorite system.