Speculate New Roles?

EjectedCasings

On 1/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, Tom Dooley said:

I still miss beeing able to sell horses, to be a horsetrader. A max amount of horses could be stored in the camp until delivery and then sold to stables. An easy mod for rockstar. Kind of expected this since that first horse-mission with those two lame stable-brothers but it seems like rockstar has forgotten

Yes, I'd like this as well. I spent way too much time early to mid game in the single player taming crappy wild horses, bonding them, and then selling them off for 30 bucks, haha. And one of the first things I did once I opened up free roam online was tame a better horse, but then I discovered you couldn't keep it or sell it.

Perhaps they could even expand it to breeding horses somehow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

We always speculated about an "outlaw" role.  

Is that what we got with moonshiner?

I know it's illegal and all.  Just doesn't seem outlaw-ish enough to me. 

I'm sure they'll eventually get around to bringing in the ability to rob banks, trains and stagecoaches, even pedestrians.

Zoo Keeper.  

You get to open up a zoo where you can let visitors look at the animals that have all apparently gone extinct in free roam.  You won't be able to hunt them mind you. But at least you can look back and fondly remember when there used to be animals in the world. 

• Haha 2

I expect a Farmers Role (like Moonshiners).

Buying ground, farm, animals, wagons, seeds and property protection. Crowing crops, slaughter animals (butcher) and selling to different buyers; clearing roadblocks etc. 

Edited by Herta47

Think we can safely assume that at some point we will get a gold prospecting role. Only question is will it be a conflict based one( operating a gold mine in the same styleas the moonshine shack) or a non conflict based one (exploration and extraction using panning alone)

On 11/2/2019 at 3:51 AM, EjectedCasings said:

For the next Roles that will be introduced, what do you think it'll be? 

There could be loads of different things, here are a few ideas that I thought were cool

Store owner - Manage an actual store that sort of generates passive income

Real Estate? - Buy and sell plots of land, etc.

I'm still saving up gold to become a Trader (which, I understand, is just about collecting enough animals to generate a supply run or something...), but I'd love to run a shop. I've been playing Fallout 76 for the past year and one of my favourite things to do there is run a junk store - I was hoping that RDO would have something similar!

I think the world here is sufficiently immersive and expansive to justify having some 'civilian' roles like running shops and what-not. Ranchers would be cool too. It'd be cool if there were some options for  interactions between players besides random murders.

1) Farming.. (Farmville in 3D), (obviously properties will work like GTA5/moonshining).  Hey.. Farmville is popular to some..  Who has the biggest plow?   Herta47 mentioned this above but I also thought this will come.. with properties.
2) Photography (take pictures of 3 churches or deer in same day),   photography competitions,, votes.. in a group, etc.  Best voted pictures wins cash. Think this is in works.. unsure.
3) Herbalist... have the doctor PAY a tad more for herbs.. THAT's IT!  Alter price he pays and  IT's DONE!  Herbalism was a good job in warcraft.... could be here.  HAVE ANY OF US EVER SOLD A HERB TO A DOCTOR (aside from just trying it)?   Why do doctors even exist in this game.. none of us use them?
4).. perhaps a non PVP version for kids or old people to wander around and appreciate the graphics.  I know people who might enjoy just riding around and looking at scenery.  Yonder game type stuff.. maybe more  treasure hunt oriented?  Without the shooting PRESCHOOLERS could play this game.
5) Low bounty sheriff?  Never thought this one through.. seems like any bounty should give exposure.
6)  Gold sluicing?  idk.
7) Wagon thief.
8 )   Horse thief/breeding/breaking/catching (above post).. and atm.. I CURRENTLY miss the ability to skin horses like RDR1. lol
9)  This one is far fetched.. but what about letting some people play as the animals themselves.... can you hide from the players if you are a bunny or a fox?  can you eat them if you are a bear?   Maybe this could be done through a swamp witch or some such.
10 ) Pro fighter?   Boxing matches for cash?   Drunken PVP boxing matches for cash?

Just random thoughts and ideas ive heard so far.

11 ) My favorite - Madrigalian posted ABOVE HILARIOUS ROLE.   Zookeeper.  so new players can see all the animals that once existed in this game (like bunnies).. that are now extinct.

Edited by Darconios

I also want the ability to rob npcs and robbing stores.. however, i dont see how that could work in online.. as every little griefer or kid would do it.. 

also, i Think they should make the shops close and open.. business hours 🙏🏼😀

and... still waiting for the hotel to open..

i Think the next role Will be photographer and then its open for a goldminer, or anything like that

Edited by McLawDiz

On 1/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Freakshow9191 said:

We always speculated about an "outlaw" role.  

Is that what we got with moonshiner?

I know it's illegal and all.  Just doesn't seem outlaw-ish enough to me. 

So murdering dozens of federal agents at a time while selling illegal substances isn’t outlaw enough? LOL... yeah, I do get what you mean, I’m just bugging you. I’m sure there will be some kind of robber roles or jobs coming at some point in the future 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

So murdering dozens of federal agents at a time while selling illegal substances isn’t outlaw enough? 

I'm always surprised at how many people I have to murder as a trader!

I think its the business aspect of moonshining that makes it feel less outlaw to me. I produce a product and sell it.   I gotta pay band members, a cook, I have patrons frequenting my establishment, we have overhead.  all the band, patrons and everyone knows who I am.  Kinda mob like. 

I think an outlaw would make more use of camps. hidden camps, gang hideouts and stuff, hidden identies, etc...and just straight up robbing without having to produce goods. There could still be overhead, like buying supplies, costumes and such to pull off your robbery.   

• Like 2

I would love to see camps set up in hideout locations (e.g. in canyons, woods / forest, etc.). There are several spots in RDO that would be perfect and it would give it more of that flavor.  Camping next to a busy road, railroad, town, etc. just doesn't convey that feeling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I'm always surprised at how many people I have to murder as a trader!

I think its the business aspect of moonshining that makes it feel less outlaw to me. I produce a product and sell it.   I gotta pay band members, a cook, I have patrons frequenting my establishment, we have overhead.  all the band, patrons and everyone knows who I am.  Kinda mob like. 

I think an outlaw would make more use of camps. hidden camps, gang hideouts and stuff, hidden identies, etc...and just straight up robbing without having to produce goods. There could still be overhead, like buying supplies, costumes and such to pull off your robbery.   

Like I said, I know what you are getting at... Just saying, I think I murder more people in the roles we have now than I realistically would in a semi-realistic stage coach robbery LOL...

come to think of it, in the last year Or so I’ve probably murdered more people than even lived in some territories at the turn of the century.

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I would love to see camps set up in hideout locations (e.g. in canyons, woods / forest, etc.). There are several spots in RDO that would be perfect and it would give it more of that flavor.  Camping next to a busy road, railroad, town, etc. just doesn't convey that feeling.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean you are meant to feel like you are either above the law or the "new law" and people in this position back then would not just be sitting out in the open. They would be hidden up in the mountains or deep int he woods. 

• Like 3