Trader wagon hunting/defending tips thread

On 11/23/2019 at 5:33 AM, Freakshow9191 said:

Large distant wagons:

I've lost 9 to rockstar DC's and glitches.

1 outright to a posse.

3 destroyed wagons with reduced pay to solo people I hesitated to shoot. 

Good advice from nshanny, if it starts looking like you're gonna lose it.  Destroy the wagon.  Make it more difficult for them to deliver it. Just quit the game start over you don't lose goods

Just quit the game and start over you don't lose goods

• Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, The_Liquor said:

I have finally been robbed successfully today... I got to say, it was actually so fun I didn’t even mind loosing my stuff.

Has it not been working right? I mean I never experienced it but I don't do a lot of wagon hunting or defending. 

On 2/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, Melisa said:

Just quit the game and start over you don't lose goods

Yeah that works now. Around  the beginning of 2020 that became an option when they did an update. 

Kinda ruined trader role though.  IMO. 

When there's no risk of losing your stuff it just seems kind of boring to me.  Just going through the motions. 

Its like choosing a legendary bounty, and when you load in , you find the bounty already hog-tied and sitting in front of the sheriff station.  Wow, that was fun. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Yeah that works now. Around  the beginning of 2020 that became an option when they did an update. 

Kinda ruined trader role though.  IMO. 

When there's no risk of losing your stuff it just seems kind of boring to me.  Just going through the motions. 

Its like choosing a legendary bounty, and when you load in , you find the bounty already hog-tied and sitting in front of the sheriff station.  Wow, that was fun. 

I agree 100%

• Like 1
On 2/23/2020 at 7:26 PM, SageNinja said:

Has it not been working right? I mean I never experienced it but I don't do a lot of wagon hunting or defending. 

I’m sure it has been working just fine... only 99.9% of the time when I’m running a solo delivery, any player even close to being in my way bolts like I’m one of the horsemen of the apocalypse or something... until the other day, one brave soul came and shot me. He led me on a fun chase up into these goat trails in the mountains somewhere before I got a shot at him and took my wagon back... the. Trying to escape with my goods I Accidentally fell off a cliff into a raging river... well, a gunfight took place on the banks over my scattered bags of supplies, and in the end he managed to escape with them. I tell you, it was one of the most action packed 15-20 minutes of online I myself have experienced in some time. Well worth the 50 goods even though I lost in the end. I’d gladly do it again.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I just go into the change appearance screen, exit without making changes and I am in a private lobby. I don't shoot anything, move my camp or do anything major that would make me public again. It takes  5-10 minutes to do. Then I take a long distance delivery. I've never popped out of the private lobby during a delivery and never had a problem.

It kind of defeats the purpose of playing an online game  but I got business to do and watching someone else ride off in my wagon is not my ideas of fun.

here is my trick and i believe it the best ,  first when u get on the wagon , you pull out your gun , then HOLD L2 ( HOLD THE WHOLE RUN )  and press x  twice so the horse start noving ,    do not use the left  joystick ( it move the horse direction ).   as long as you press l2 the horse will auto-follow the waypoint , you can release to shoot incoming ennemy , do whatever look in air look behind the coach will drive it self and u can protect it . just remember to re-hold l2 to make sure horse dont go off road.