my wtf moment....

pluck3

im level 307 , and im not a noob in player vs player , what im trying to say is i rarely miss a headshot on anybody or get easily killed , but just now i fighted against a guys , who took 11 incidiary ammo semi-auto shotgun back to back , he was falling on ground , to ge back up to get shot again , burning whole time , and after 11kill , he died from a dynamite and bow , even with big game meat minty or whatever u want tonic and food  this is impossible , is there a glitch i dont know ? 

19 hours ago, pluck3 said:

im level 307 , and im not a noob in player vs player , what im trying to say is i rarely miss a headshot on anybody or get easily killed , but just now i fighted against a guys , who took 11 incidiary ammo semi-auto shotgun back to back , he was falling on ground , to ge back up to get shot again , burning whole time , and after 11kill , he died from a dynamite and bow , even with big game meat minty or whatever u want tonic and food  this is impossible , is there a glitch i dont know ? 

Hey partner! 

I can say im hardened as well in pvp combat in rdr 2. My questions are : have YOU seen him chugging special tonics while u were shooting him? 

In my 12 months experience in game i saw cheaters in game (im on Xbox) but havent seen them for some Time now.

There are hacked consoles and apps that allow youto cheat in game- maybe that was what YOU saw. 

I also think that Inc ammo was nerfed or maybe New ability cards have impact on this bcoz its a dot dmg and There is one card that loweres dmg taken the more dmg YOU take. I find myself shooting PPL 2 times with Inc and have to change wpn to finish em off while they still burning....... Its not 11 shots tho... 

Have u had encounters with cheaters before? 

Also did he use DE while u were shooting him? 

What platform are YOU on? 

If youknow the Player tag can YOU private msg me with it? 

Edited by James Hickok_1837

10 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hey partner! 

I can say im hardened as well in pvp combat in rdr 2. My questions are : have YOU seen him chugging special tonics while u were shooting him? 

In my 12 months experience in game i saw cheaters in game (im on Xbox) but havent seen them for some Time now.

There are hacked consoles and apps that allow youto cheat in game- maybe that was what YOU saw. 

I also think that Inc ammo was nerfed or maybe New ability cards have impact on this bcoz its a dot dmg and There is one card that loweres dmg taken the more dmg YOU take. I find myself shooting PPL 2 times with Inc and have to change wpn to finish em off while they still burning....... Its not 11 shots tho... 

Have u had encounters with cheaters before? 

Also did he use DE while u were shooting him? 

What platform are YOU on? 

If youknow the Player tag can YOU private msg me with it? 

hey , well in my opinion he couldnt really drink a tonic since he was burning then falling on ground , then getting back up then directly i was shooting him back , he fall  ground in fire get back up  then reshot him and reshot him , with paint in black , straight in the head , 11 time ( for your info he didnt die , i shot him and when he was burning i took the chance and ran the fuk out of there 

Encounter with cheaters , never really happened before that , but the one that are crounched and move left right very fast and their gun keep glitching left right and they headshot you with rolling block no scope , other than that few laggers but no im on ps4 and yes i will message u the name

I know there are hacks floating around for the game. If you really believe this is not down to the normal PVP of the game and that he was taking way more damage than he should, report his account. That is what I do. Sometimes it is down to the bugginess of the game but other times, hackers gonna hack. 

I posted once before about being attacked from a posse of 5 or more.  This time i used express ammo and held them off. Tonight i was just trying to build up some cash but was fun to get attacked by 5 and they got their ass kicked. I`m ready for the Moonshiner Role.  Who`s ready for the Moonshiner Role?

Edited by Kean_1
Removed excessive blank rows

Honestly... sounds like fun of the mill cheating to me... My biggest WTF moment was when someone (buddy, so no hard feelings) came into my camp while I was cooking meat, with a dead deer, and threw it onto my campfire. It light up, the. Light me on fire...

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, pluck3 said:

I know what this is..    And its two things.

1.)   He's using the tank build, with gold cores and tonics.   As you know, allows him to take massive amounts of damage.

2.)  The connection between you and him is weak and is causing syncing issues. (This can happen in all R* online games)  So this means that you're both kind of living in your own time line.  Where you both see different things happening on your screen.s   You might be blasting him, while hes falling down.  On his screen, you're not shooting and hes drinking tonics.

So the tank build, with the gold cores and tonics combined with the syncing issues.  Means to you, it seems like hes taking a massive amount of damage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I know what this is..    And its two things.

1.)   He's using the tank build, with gold cores and tonics.   As you know, allows him to take massive amounts of damage.

2.)  The connection between you and him is weak and is causing syncing issues. (This can happen in all R* online games)  So this means that you're both kind of living in your own time line.  Where you both see different things happening on your screen.s   You might be blasting him, while hes falling down.  On his screen, you're not shooting and hes drinking tonics.

So the tank build, with the gold cores and tonics combined with the syncing issues.  Means to you, it seems like hes taking a massive amount of damage.

even with level 4 gold cores and gold ring and whatever , i never survived more than 2 consecutive  incendiary shot

6 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

even with level 4 gold cores and gold ring and whatever , i never survived more than 2 consecutive  incendiary shot

Well, if the person who was shooting you was lagging with syncing issues.  You wouldn't know if he was shooting you.

On his screen he shot you, your guy is screaming and burning.    On your screen, he didn't shoot you.

So the guy shooting you would think "WTF is going on?".   And you would be like. 'WTF are you talking about?'

Let me put it like this.    Last update I was testing bullet damage on a friend.  I told him to stand on certain rock at about 50 yards out.   He didn't really move.  For 2 mins I kept telling him. "Dude, get on the rock"..  And he says "Im on the ROCK".

He sends me a screen shot of himself on the rock.  But on my screen hes about 10 yards away from me.

Edited by HuDawg

Yes, like @HuDawg mentioned, lagging can produce some pretty weird effects... I know I’ve seen various weird effects similar to this due to weirdly synced up connections. It’s usually most noticeable in PVP (You come around the corner and think you’re shooting someone dead, only to suddenly be laying on the ground ten feet back and bleeding out while the other guy is charging out guns blazing)...

• Like 1

The lag has been an issue for me with PVP. Even the slightest bit of lag and I am suddenly shooting thin air.

Just last night I was getting into a gun fight with a few guys, well they took off on horseback and because of the lag, I was not aware of it for 7 seconds. Next thing I know, they disappear and I see them in the distance on their horses.

Lag and syncing issues are one of the two main reasons I generally avoid online PvP play. (The other is the toxic community most online PvP games tend to have these days, with hackers, cheaters, and general bad attitudes.  The glory days of Aliens Online and the original CoD are gone.)  Yeah, I'm old.
You've been given some good advice here, report it, and move on. It may be cheating, it may not, often no real way to tell from your end, so let Rockstar investigate. Who knows?  They get enough reports, they may find the cause and can make an update to help alleviate it, and if it's a hack, they can take care of the player and maybe block the hack.  But they can't fix a problem they don't know about.
On the other hand, lag has led to some truly memorable funny moments in my online gaming over the years!

Edited by Faelwolf

Was exactly what i was thinking but as i mentioned there are hacks forconsoles as well - just not so popular anymore especially the god mode ones bcoz the get caught very fast. 

I have seen players in showdowns using god mode but it was a long time ago. Mostly ppl use auto head aim. 

About the potion drinking while beeing shot at. There was a way which i will not reveal that allowed you to drink potions whithout the animation. Its fixed now. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hbosch007,  I noticed nobody answered you.

You can shoot and kill anyone in their camp if you use a sniper rifle at a long enough distance.  You cannot shoot them up close with those rifles.  Please don't use for griefing.. just on griefers who hiding.   I had a guy kill me in my camp to prove it to me.  I sit in my tent if I think someone is up to it.. or barriers in between me and blue dots.

@ OP... maybe Rockstar employees are running characters akin to the Moderator gods of Warcraft.  Maybe to do with lag or some such.  Sometimes when lag occurs the visuals get mucked.. but I'm clueless to the answer.  Full defensive with gold cores and level 3 health.. It could be troublesome to kill... did he have time to prepare for battle... etc.

Edited by Darconios

2 hours ago, Darconios said:

You can shoot and kill anyone in their camp if you use a sniper rifle at a long enough distance. 

That is actually good to know. I was under the impression that nothing could touch them when they are protected in their camp. Is it hard to use a sniper rifle? Outside of the story, I have not bothered with one myself.