12/13/19 Moonshiner Update

2 hours ago, Antonia said:

did they fix the animal spawns issue guys? anyone played so far?

Improvements to networking have been made that will reduce the frequency of problems with ambient wildlife populations in large Red Dead Online sessions

• Like 1
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually exp matters to me - i want to be rank 500. And about the profit - i noticed that dead revenue agents hold some nice loot - i pick a lot of colectibles and tonics from them so more than 70-200

RED DEAD ONLINE: MOONSHINERS NOW AVAILABLE Peddle white lightning as a black-market bootlegger in Moonshiners, the latest Frontier

Seriously? Didnt mean to offend you or criticize your method of dealing with the quests. Just pointed out my way. I tend to play agressive so if i have a choice to leave the bad NPC's alone or kill em

Posted Images

A few good things..  Slippery Bastard now works against PIB.

No more tonic chugging during dead eye or after getting shot.  Balances out the BS slightly.

R* not adding photo mode and story mode content/guns to Xbox is complete bullsh*t.  Its on PC, so its not 'exclusive content'.   It makes no sense.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Improvements to networking have been made that will reduce the frequency of problems with ambient wildlife populations in large Red Dead Online sessions

i read all patch notes. can't wait to get home to test it. 

• Like 1

RockStar has just earned a ton of brownie points with me!.  Well done on the new black powder revolver. I can't wait to use it in game for the first time!. 

From the gameplay footage, I would have liked a bit more smoke, but hey I'll take it. The leak was correct, you did good R*!. Now keep those cap n ball revolvers coming.    

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1

Really like the Camp option in the startup menu.  And the camp problems seem to have been resolved so far.  Enjoying the Moonshiner role so far.  Only done first two missions.  I got the second Outlaw Pass.  The passes are well worth the expense, imo.

And also haven't been kicked yet with that message about the servers.  That used to piss me off so much.

Edited by parkenman
9 hours ago, flu007 said:

It said you can move locations later, but not sure what, if anything, that costs.

Go to the quick menu, under camp & properties you can choose a different moonshine location for $250.00

• Like 1

Didn't notice an improvement in animal spawns... was in a full lobby the whole time and the spawns were the worst I've ever experienced

sorry, 2nd to the end of february fiasco

Edited by nshanny73
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

Didn't notice an improvement in animal spawns... was in a full lobby the whole time and the spawns were the worst I've ever experienced

Absolutely. A couple of hours and a couple of servers and not a sign of anything...Cripps hasn't had to stop sharpening his knife all evening. Pretty frustrating when combined with the collectibles being completely messed with and finding out that there is a cook glitch where you can't order mash to cook anything. Had to keep server hopping until I hit on one that gave me the option.

Just did my first shine delivery  and turned out to be quite humorous...at least to me. Intersection on the way to Rhodes was all red and full of activity just like the revenue collector roadblocks, so as soon as I was fired upon I took them all out until the "a bounty target has been killed" message popped up. Turns out it was a posse doing a bounty. Apologies to whoever it was for killing your bounty target lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Found missions a bit glitchy..   I lost two full loads of booze (20 bottles each) because mission would not start but used up my bottles made...

Ran out of story missions for this role before level 5.

The lady gives missions but several of them did not start also.  At least I can reload game and not lose out on inventory.. like with the missing bottles.  I thnk you need to start with his missions first.. unsure.

I did manage to get to level 5 and have bar and band upgrades... even with glitches.. so I am now doing a slightly higher quality..  I really like the flower them bar... I bought that and hunters.. but prefer flowers by far.

I dont see any must haves.. like with the light for collector, dodging bullets for bounty hunter, etc.

Ill still grind it to max levels... but wish it was less glitchy..

Edited by Kean_1
Removed blank spaces

I had the issue of moonshine missions not starting a few times as well. (Stuck on the loading screen, with the rotating cylinder in the bottom corner, had to Task Manager out of it.) Happened twice with a bootlegger mission from Madam Fike, and once with a delivery mission, but I didn't lose the bottles.

I wasn't sure about animal spawns. Some moments it was ok, but then there were also stretches where I didn't see any animals and thought it was bugged, but then eventually saw a rabbit or a few deer in the distance. I figured it was because of increased player activity with the new update, but I dunno.

I can confirm that they didn't fix the animal spawns though they said they did. I am curious what they doin in these desks over there. I am so disappointed to see in the patch notes they fixed it and return home happy only to see they didn't. Moreover Cripps in 2 out of 6 sessions i tested was not there while the camp icon was present.  But this is nothing compared to the dead vast world of this game. The one thing i do not get though is why they do not cap the servers to 15 people till they fix this nightmare while they know that is a population problem. I seriously cannot get it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

Same here. Played all night didn’t see one animal. But I don’t have any issues with setting up my camp. 

Even tried to start several bounties, since that’s what I did before the update to get animals to spawn.  None of them worked. 🤨

Edited by C20Dragon
Added more

Has anyone notice how difficult it is

Spoiler

to kill Revenue Agents? It seems to take me 3 or 4 times shooting them for them to die. I also get killed a couple of times while trying to clear them. Their shooting seems to be very accurate and somewhat powerful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBE1550 said:

To answer your question, no I had no issue but it seems to be they mess with difficulty on instances.  Some enemy ambushes last night where like that

And I agree they didn't fix squat with the animal spawns.  All I see is a crow or 2, and couple large animals spawn here and there. 

Plus I lost all my moonshine on a crash and shooting from the hip doesn't register for the challenge.  Shooting normal does.

And to top it off, I'm finding camps, that don't show up on the map where the wagon is a rocking (and I ain't going knocking)

It's like 1 bug solved, and 2 new ones rise to take it's place.

Ok, yeah it seems I was a little premature on the animal assessment.  When I initially logged in I saw a lot of free roam animals about, but as the session went on, this clearly was not the case.  This is very disappointing to say the least.  This issue, on it's own, is enough to cause me to not want to log in.  Log in, ride around for a half hour to 45 minutes looking for game, finding nothing and logging back out.  Waste of time. 

But hey, if I can't hunt at least now I can bootleg right? 

This morning I logged back in and the Moonshine Shack was gone.  Am I supposed to pay another $250 dollars to set it back up again?   WTF? 

Logged back out and then logged back in again at Camp and the moonshine shack reappeared where it was supposed to be.  Of course my Camp moved halfway across the state in this process.  /sigh

Fine.  Ride back across the state back to the shack again... still no animals. 

Still, I've been playing online games for years, this isn't all that uncommon after a big content patch.  I suspect we will get another patch in a week or two to fix.

Well, maybe not the animals. 

So far I feel they missed the boat on this one, its suppose to be a tier 2 role.

-It cost 25gold not 15 gold and yet there no way to get free supplies, the missions only lowers the cost of the mash.

-The wagon is fragile damaged bottles cuts into the profit margin

-Repetitive Moonshiner Mission

-I feel like they could of done so much more with the Bar and the Band, you should be getting an income from running the bar ?

-Where the Bartender I can't get a drink in my own Bar ? The bar nuts are good however lol

___ I update this at a later time but so far not overly impressed. It just feels empty.

Edited by Kean_1
Removed excessive blank rows in post
1 hour ago, Hecklan said:

So far I feel they missed the boat on this one,

-Where the Bartender I can't get a drink in my own Bar ? 

Yeah, so far for me the Moonshiner role has just been a huge aggravation.  For instance, I pay $50 cash for Mash, wait 30 minutes for completion and then I have to do the delivery mission before I can pay for more mash.  Meaning I have to leave, go make the delivery and then come back again in order to buy the mash to start the next batch for distilling.  Why?   If he's out of mash, he's out of mash.  Why can't I buy more?  Why do I have to make a delivery and then come back to buy more mash?  I could have the next batch 30% of the way made by the time I finished the delivery run.  I could stop and have a poker game or hunt for the rest of the time I waited maybe.  But no.  Come back after and we'll let you buy more.   grrrr...

The bootlegging missions crash upon launch way too often.  And the only way out is to reboot the whole game again.  I won't do them anymore.  The story missions don't crash "as much" but anyway... Maggie glitches all of the time too.  

The revenue encounters along the roads and such are lame.  The only reason they are challenging is because the game spawns in new revenue men all around you from out of nowhere.  Makes me miss the days when you could see the posse coming for you in the distance. 

OH!  And let me tell you, the Grizzlies is NOT the place to set up your shack.  Every road is surrounded by tight trees, lots of rocks and boulders, narrow wooden bridges to cross deep gorges, over mostly mountainous rugged trails.  I don't know if the other delivery areas are any better but I do not think they could possibly be worse.   

So far, I'm pretty sure I have lost more money than I have made moon shining.  Between the Mash fees, damaged deliveries and the amount of ammo and gun oil I've gone through fighting the revenue collectors...  if I've made any money at all, it isn't much and as I look at the progress rewards for all of this repetitive effort, and aggravation... meh.

And why am I forced to use my coupons?  If I want to pay a buck or two to fast travel a short distance I don't want to be forced to use a free travel coupon that would be better used when I actually need to travel a much greater distance costing more money. 

I really wanted to enjoy this update.  Instead, I'm thinking it would just be a great day to go outside and wash the car. 

Think I might. 

Edited by Madrigalian
  • Like 2

So far moonshining is mostly an aggravating money pit.

the revenue agents are overly numerous with surprise spawns and they seemingly wear bulletproof underwear.

the sales missions glitch out and you lose everything, or you can actually get into a mission and hit a rock with your wagon and lose your shipment.

the shacks need a fast travel post.  I’ve already moved mine once as a simple horse ride to the nearest town was several minutes of cinema mode time wasting, as well as the delivery roads nearby being overly hazardous for the health of the goods.

does the bar make any money?  Why does it exist except for us to throw money at it.

Income compared to every other role feels like........ I don’t want to make money hand over fist, level up every five minutes, or want the missions to be a breeze or anything, but the rewards do not match the risks or effort.

• Like 1

Forget moonshining.. My Avatar is mr entertainment... Plays all the instruments... and here I was robbing npc's.

Can play fiddle, Cello, guitar, piano... even a washboard.

I saw animals everywhere... but if you need a quick wagon full.. start any mission and hunt in the mission server or however it works.. It certainly is more animals when on some missions.

Edited by Darconios
5 hours ago, Madrigalian said:

Yeah, so far for me the Moonshiner role has just been a huge aggravation.  For instance, I pay $50 cash for Mash, wait 30 minutes for completion and then I have to do the delivery mission before I can pay for more mash.  Meaning I have to leave, go make the delivery and then come back again in order to buy the mash to start the next batch for distilling.  Why?   If he's out of mash, he's out of mash.  Why can't I buy more?  Why do I have to make a delivery and then come back to buy more mash?  I could have the next batch 30% of the way made by the time I finished the delivery run.  I could stop and have a poker game or hunt for the rest of the time I waited maybe.  But no.  Come back after and we'll let you buy more.   grrrr...

The bootlegging missions crash upon launch way too often.  And the only way out is to reboot the whole game again.  I won't do them anymore.  The story missions don't crash "as much" but anyway... Maggie glitches all of the time too.  

The revenue encounters along the roads and such are lame.  The only reason they are challenging is because the game spawns in new revenue men all around you from out of nowhere.  Makes me miss the days when you could see the posse coming for you in the distance. 

OH!  And let me tell you, the Grizzlies is NOT the place to set up your shack.  Every road is surrounded by tight trees, lots of rocks and boulders, narrow wooden bridges to cross deep gorges, over mostly mountainous rugged trails.  I don't know if the other delivery areas are any better but I do not think they could possibly be worse.   

So far, I'm pretty sure I have lost more money than I have made moon shining.  Between the Mash fees, damaged deliveries and the amount of ammo and gun oil I've gone through fighting the revenue collectors...  if I've made any money at all, it isn't much and as I look at the progress rewards for all of this repetitive effort, and aggravation... meh.

And why am I forced to use my coupons?  If I want to pay a buck or two to fast travel a short distance I don't want to be forced to use a free travel coupon that would be better used when I actually need to travel a much greater distance costing more money. 

I really wanted to enjoy this update.  Instead, I'm thinking it would just be a great day to go outside and wash the car. 

Think I might.

It's actually even more of a back and forth than you describe. At least if you want to reduce the price of the mash, because then you have to do a mission from Maggie before buying the mash. But after delivering the previous batch. If you do a Maggie mission while a batch is cooking, you get XP etc, but that doesn't count for a price reduction for the next batch of mash.

So it's: Deliver bottles - back to shack - do Maggie mission - back to shack - buy mash/add flavor - go do something else for a while - back to shack - deliver bottles.

Would be nice if you could do a mission for Maggie instead of "go do something else for a while" which counts to reduce the price for the next batch.

And indeed, both the Maggie missions and the delivery missions sometimes fail to load, and if you fast traveled to the shack, it usually respawns you back where you fast traveled from after restarting the game. So yeah, it's been a bit of an aggravating day with lots of fast traveling - went through two sets of free FT coupons already, heh.

The Manzanita area is quite alright as far as traveling with bottles, by the way. Lost a couple here and there, but nothing too bad. Grizzlies, yeah, I can imagine...

As for the income from moonshining: yeah, before level 5, there's hardly any profit. After the level 5 upgrade it gets a bit better though.

12 hours ago, NBE1550 said:

Hide contents

to kill Revenue Agents? It seems to take me 3 or 4 times shooting them for them to die. I also get killed a couple of times while trying to clear them. Their shooting seems to be very accurate and somewhat powerful. 

****************POSSIBLE SPOILERS****************************

Spoiler

Rescuing Lem was BY FAR the hardest mission I've encountered so far... I was definitely not prepared for the strength and numbers of these agents.

Failed on the 1st time through because I figured they would be like any other NPC enemy... yeah right.. some of these guys are packing Springfield Rifles and Repeating Shotguns... at one point I thought they were never going to stop spawning... by missions end, I would estimate that I had to kill 50 of these bastards

Finally verified tonight why the moonshiner role has SO many glitches and fails...exactly as I suspected, there's limited, if not just 1 shack in each area and unlike camps, multiple players on the server use the same shack at the same time.

Fast traveled to my shack earlier just in time to watch a delivery wagon pull away. Batch wasn't quite ready so I went back outside to feed my horse and watched 2 other players minutes apart go in the shack...almost had one's horse  squash me when it dropped in.  With that many players doing that many things in the exact same space, yet being totally separate, it makes sense that there's constant glitches. Also lost a full batch of shine when I got the black screen of death trying to start a delivery.

So disappointed in the whole bar thing as well. Was really excited to see that we could add all these upgrades, but for solo players such as myself, it's all just a waste of time. We don't make any money from it as we upgrade and more and more NPC's patronize the bar(although the guy puking on the wall every night is quite amusing), and the tend bar option is solely for serving other players, which I just don't get the point of at all. I really don't see much chance of other random players accepting an invite to come drink in my bar, rather than accomplishing something for their own benefit. The whole bar thing is nothing more than a way for posse's to have a clubhouse...which is fine, but just say that then instead of making it seem like it's an integrated part of the moonshine trade.

Saddest part of it all is that they completely nerfed both trader and collector while adding a flawed additional occupation. At the moment, my options for killing time in between batches of shine seem to be petting my new Husky, watching Cripps walk back and forth whining about the dog and telling the Phil the Crab story for the millionth time, or watching canoes and boats going nowhere.

I also think I figured out what happened to all the animals. Whatever programmer was in charge of fixing that was distracted that day...he got the amounts correct, but somehow instead of animals, he entered revenue collector lol

Edited by Kean_1
Removed blank rows
  • Haha 2

Another thing that need fixing is that I delivered 19/20 bottles yet lost 40 dollars from the delivery.  That horse sh*t.

And really could not come up with more then two different Moonshiner missions ?

Edited by Hecklan
4 hours ago, Antonia said:

guys please go send some feedback cause we will never see these nightmares fixed. problems have become worse.

here: https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

Done.   To be honest the new update is pulling me out of this game, rather then making it more interesting.  I don’t play this game for high levels of irritation or aggravation.

• Like 1

IMO this update is not the best for making money or unlocks..  But in terms of fun, its probably the best so far.

The Option to play on a hard difficulty for missions with no enemy blips and no auto aim is so much fun..   They need to add this option to everything.  God, this game is so good with free aim and no npc blips.   This how I know im not crazy when I rail on R* about their shitty forced auto aim.   Because everytime I get a sniff of what the game should be, its AWESOME.           

Playing with the instruments is hours of non sober fun.    I can't believe how much time flies screwing around with it. 

Getting sh*t faced drunk and getting into slap fights with people is the funniest thing I've ever seen.  Don't think I've laughed so hard in a game in a long time. 

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 2