12/13/19 Moonshiner Update

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually exp matters to me - i want to be rank 500. And about the profit - i noticed that dead revenue agents hold some nice loot - i pick a lot of colectibles and tonics from them so more than 70-200

RED DEAD ONLINE: MOONSHINERS NOW AVAILABLE Peddle white lightning as a black-market bootlegger in Moonshiners, the latest Frontier

Seriously? Didnt mean to offend you or criticize your method of dealing with the quests. Just pointed out my way. I tend to play agressive so if i have a choice to leave the bad NPC's alone or kill em

Posted Images

Spoiler

DELIVERY TIP:  If you run your moonshine wagon in "view mode" it autodrives the wagon on the safest route... usually passing at least one checkpoint... They say "MOVE ALONG" half the time and let me drive right through the checkpoint...  So it saves some bottles and a lot of killing.

Sometimes they say.. Stop and be searched.. but not always...

I'm not  a fan of update.. I was hoping for a photography update,... where we take photos of 3 churches or 3 different deer in same day, etc... and sell our photos..

I have lost 60 bottles (so far) due to game glitching on start up missions...  I wrote a post on day one saying it occurred twice... and that I lost 40 bottles...

Then I saw someone else was glitching but lost no bottles and I went a day and a half without losing any more.   Today I glitched out.. and had to restart game... and again... on third trip back to the cabin I was told I needed to buy more mash and this load was worth $240+... which I lose because I want to play before the bugs all worked out....

I am currently level 17 moonshiner with all bar upgrades and decors.   I like Flower one the best... then refined.. then standard.. then hunting... (my preference)
Your avatar can play all instruments.. well... with "flourish"... guitar, piano, fiddle, banjo, washboard...

I usually log on to camp.. to get a camp.. and then I fast travel to bar.

Level 17 in moon-shining brings me to about level 48 outlaw pass2.   When I reach level 20 I will probably never deliver another drop of booze.. wake me when its 420 (now for me).

I'm earning money at this... My bank account grows because I have nothing to really purchase but have not looked at these new clothes much.. they seem pretty ugly.   Maybe the tall hat so PVP people will shoot at my hat more.

but TRY VIEW MODE... I like it because I cannot see the griefers.. if any... as I do this with all wagon deliveries.. but be wary.. yellow routes dont always fit wagons...

Today I was attacked while in view mode.. but i would have been attacked anyways.. (sunday - school is out).   I exploded hm and then dynamited my 25 piece delivery wagon.. and through the goods on my horse...   Riding the horse gives back  dynamite arrows on top of exploding bolt action.   So sometimes you can win against griefers.. but its hard to keep a wagon.

View mode for deliveries of moonshine though... If they say pull over.. just keep driving,... sometimes they dont chase.. sometimes they do.  Sometimes they just say "move along" and you dont get shot at.   That would be a good youtube tip.. but Im not making video for it..

@ Hecklan.. You need to kill a few with stealth like arrows... then you can poison well... but not if you get spotted.. or a body is found.   I managed to poison a bunch of them a few times.   Just regular arrows.

5 hours ago, Hecklan said:

Has anyone managed to poison the still ?  I always get spotted.

Been stuck here for awhile. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I don't want to get any spoilers either so I refuse to look it up lol

Spoiler

To poison the stills you need to stealth kill 2-3 people per still... be quick as your on a timer.  Think Kill everyone.. but quietly.

Watch where the guards are looking and take the ones not in view first.  If you fail.. a dynamite arrow will destroy it.

FINISHED LVL 20... only lost 60 bottles during leveling... sigh..   Pretty much did a delivery and then mission for maggie.... and dailies.. rinse & repeat (I've been getting .5 gold for every daily for a long time now... I earned 150 gold just from dailies and last pass... which I blew on upgrades and pass and property, etc).

At end I was level 59 with outlaw pass.. so 41 more levels to go for that...

view mode wagon traveled every delivery... sometimes they would say pull over.. sometimes move along... Even if they tell you to pull over (maybe 2/3 of the time).

I just drive through the roadblocks IN VIEW MODE... sometimes they say pull over and don't give chase..  I would never stop at a road block though... and I normally deliver 20/20 bottles.  I never got griefed driving bottles... I saw other players ride by... but insure if I was attackable.. guessing so.

BEWARE: If drinking to do achievement.. do not pour from the 3 whiskey barrels with weak moonshine... pour only from the bar taps... and make sure you know when drunk is... I was getting drunk for achievements only to realize 12 drunks later that they were not counting... It must be from the bar taps.. and the good whiskey only.

The getting drunk is funny in the bar and fro the moonshine bar brawls...... too bad we couldn't get more modern music in the bar as it is kind of private.

Can't complain.. This game has provided much fun...  I'd like to see a photography career.. maybe take pictures of three deer in a day or some such things.

You need to be quick with the looting.... Now I can relax and do it only for the fun... no more grinding it out.. 

It appears they may have room to do lots of things in the future...  I agree it seems silly  to have a full bar if your not making any money from it.. but still new... I imagine they can add many sim type games from farming to fishing (fishing boats and nets even)... so many things they could do..

• Like 1

Loving this update! - Its Really really cool..

However.. did the bandit hideouts + random encounters dissapear?! since the update, i did not experience anything like that (and dont get me started on the animal spawns..)

Can someone please help me understand what the hell is going on with Moonshine deliveries?  Here is my scenario...

1.  $50.00 for Medium Strength moonshine. 

2. Check special orders.  Two people buying flavor "x" for $158.00/ next buyer reset in over an hour.  Set Flavor.

3. Moonshine completes - No one is buying it now.  Best offer $72.00

4. Decide to wait for buyer reset, see if someone will offer higher price.  

5. Buyers reset.  Moonshine is gone!  Nothing to deliver.  $50.00 to start over again.  

6.  Log out and go watch football. 

I do not understand what the dynamic is here.  Can someone explain how the buyers and orders work?  Was it just a bug that wiped out my completed moonshine or did I miss some kind of Window to sell?  

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Madrigalian said:

Can someone please help me understand what the hell is going on with Moonshine deliveries?  Here is my scenario...

1.  $50.00 for Medium Strength moonshine. 

2. Check special orders.  Two people buying flavor "x" for $158.00/ next buyer reset in over an hour.  Set Flavor.

3. Moonshine completes - No one is buying it now.  Best offer $72.00

4. Decide to wait for buyer reset, see if someone will offer higher price.  

5. Buyers reset.  Moonshine is gone!  Nothing to deliver.  $50.00 to start over again.  

6.  Log out and go watch football. 

I do not understand what the dynamic is here.  Can someone explain how the buyers and orders work?  Was it just a bug that wiped out my completed moonshine or did I miss some kind of Window to sell?  

I experienced the same this afternoon. I thought I did something stupid. Paid $50 again, waited for 30 minutes and got a delivery from $52! Ain't fun anymore.

• Like 1

I thought I would get some revenue generated by all the "patrons"  in my bar.  Nope, after upgrading bar, making good shine, and hiring a band, nothing.  Just a bunch of freeloaders.  

Honestly you could save yourself thousands by not even expanding your shack.  It's neat to have a drunk slap fight with your posse, but really....how many times are you gonna do that?  The novelty wore off after one time.  

The bar should generate something...anything...

• Like 3
7 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

However.. did the bandit hideouts + random encounters dissapear?! since the update, i did not experience anything like that (and dont get me started on the animal spawns..)

On my main character I see hideouts & events all the time, but no animals. On my 2nd profile/character I see a bunch of animals, but haven’t see any hideouts or events.😂 This just make no sense.

8 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

Loving this update! - Its Really really cool..

Nah, they're still here. Cleared a hideout and got a few random encounters the other day.

It's been a frustrating few days, lost track of the number of glitches. One of the positive things in this update, though, that I haven't seen mentioned yet: They tweaked some of the values of pelts for Cripps.

Most notably, the pelts that take up the entire back slot of your horse are no longer necessarily a waste of space. Perfect Elk pelt is now 8.13 points, I think it used to be 4.50. Perfect Black Bear pelt is 4.38 points, I believe, still low-ish but better than it was. Didn't get a perfect Grizzly pelt yet, but a Good one was 4.50 I think, so I assume a perfect one will be 8+ as well. Perfect gator skin is 1.38 points, up from 0.66 - so still not really worth it, but I guess with how easy gators are to kill that makes sense.

Other "normal" pelts, like deer & prong etc, also have increased in value. Especially perfect ones seem to have gone up a chunk. (I think in some or maybe even all cases, good and perfect pelts used to be worth the same - not totally sure, I stopped paying close attention a while ago. In any case, looks like they tweaked that now, for the better, and it's a bit easier to fill your bar now.)

Not sure if the skins of smaller animals increased as well, I never really looked at those closely.

• Like 1

Glitchy... AF. 

You stand a 25% chance of your mission not starting and another half chance those will lose the bottles you made...

So... we still need to grind out the 100 levels in the outlaw pass.. so this career will take care close to to 60 of them (I was level 59 when I hit lvl 20 Moonshiner).

Bar upgrades are useless so far.. but there are some still improvements that are necessary.   Decor upgrades are in dailies sometimes.

Sometimes maggies missions do not start... most do.

Sometimes Marcel missions dont start.. when relogging you lose bottles half the time... I lost 60 bottles when leveling and another 40 today .

Sometimes marcel will have mash and flavor and still sit on his ass and do nothing all day.... You just keep checking to see if he wants to work.. like getting cripps to set a camp....

Sadly I could not bypass this bug except to wait it out and relog many times...  Eventually he will want more mash.. (more bottles lost).

VIEW MODE TRAVEL... Seriously... I deliver 20 out of 20 bottles every trip....  I just put the wagon on autopilot and hold the button to drive.

Passing the barricades/roadblocks is easy in view mode.. sometimes they will say pull over for inspection.. sometimes they will say Move along or some such..

If they say move along or do not shoot.. then you will not get chased...

If they say pull over ... DONT... just keep holding the drive button and they often dont chase.. and of they do .. then stop view/easy travel mode ajnd shoot the ones chasing.. and continue...

Autodriving wagons is the easiest way to reach the destination with all bottles intact from what Ive seen and done.

Overall i like the new update - simply bcoz its new content.

Im a bit disapointed that they havent learned that the progression in roles is way, way to fast. The bar thing is absolute B/S not generating any income. Havent tried the new revolver yet. Havent looked at the new horse yet (still need some lvls to 20). Sure there are some glitches but i had to be lucky bcoz i dont have the issues a lot of ppl are experiencing with the new update. 

I like the ability cards tweak. 

My general rate : 3/5  they could have done better. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Overall i like the new update - simply bcoz its new content.

Im a bit disapointed that they havent learned that the progression in roles is way, way to fast. The bar thing is absolute B/S not generating any income. Havent tried the new revolver yet. Havent looked at the new horse yet (still need some lvls to 20). Sure there are some glitches but i had to be lucky bcoz i dont have the issues a lot of ppl are experiencing with the new update. 

I like the ability cards tweak. 

My general rate : 3/5  they could have done better. 

Yes I'm with you.  I keep hoping that if we all upgrade our bars then at some point they will add content which brings an income or something.  I do like the new guns, I now wield twin navies when moonshining, they feel quicker than my LeMats.  Got my first glitches last night, though - I twice lost 20 bottle deliveries as when I started the mission it just left me hanging on a black screen with an egg timer so I had to crash out.  Thing is, the rewards are so poor anyway that it didn't hurt that much.  I'm only lvl 3 (lvl 20 for the other professions, 130 overall), so my run would only be worth $72.50.  I spent $60 on mash and some fast travel getting there, so really it's just a rank grind.  I forget how much xp I got for delivering a load successfully, but I got 130xp just for mixing it so I figure I'm not in it for the money at this point.  Glitches are frustrating, though.  And the Lem mission was brilliant fun.  So I'm with you on the 3/5 but with a dose of optimism for the future on top.

• Like 2

MOONSHINE DELIVERY GLITCH SOLVED!

Trying to get attention to this posting because it could save a lot of aggravation to some...  I am a level 20 in moonshine role and believe the faulty deliveries were to locations based on customer/flavor.    I AM NOT POSITIVE... Working THEORY!

For example all the $226 deliveries work fine but a few of the $247 flavors/customers.. just will not work... but im not positive.

If you notice this and are convinced it is accurate.. then maybe make it its own thread because its an important "fix" or method to bypass glitch.. if we can just skip a few higher end deliveries.

Never re-flavor.. sell it cheaper.  I THINK that helps bug out marcel.

Stay in bar and drink 4 drinks of high end whiskey.. 1 drink past where it misspells.(not weak whiskey from barrels as it doesn't count to achievement/award/buckle).  You need 100 self drunks... and even 5 and 25 achieves give some experience i think.. unsure.

Then make sure marcel has started before doing something else..
like maggie (man is not made of wood)... and now you have an image of maggie in your head.. sorry.

So... If you want to run moonshine glitch free... These tips MAY hep.. I'm pretty sure ??!?!

I'm running high profit glitch free by watching netflix and going back for deliveries... it doesnt time out if you play in the band.    I'm paying the higehr price for mash but enjoy the roadblock missions.. lots of loot... and ends at fast travel... and these cabins are remote... ugg... better to do a maggie mission and end closer to a travel post.

So... GLITCH SOLVED...

P.s. and if your not driving ALL your bootlegging missions on CINEMATIC MODE... your missing out.   ALLWAYS DRIVE THROUGH ROADBLOCKS... half the time they let you just drive by... but if you hear enemies voices.. you have time to stop and face them... If they let you drive by.. they will never give chase.

Please someone make FLAVOR/CUSTOMER Glitch remedy a thread if it proves true... It deserves a special place in our bootlegging knowledge (until glitches gone).

Edit: Evergreen $226 delivery has bugged on me (perhaps customer changed?),.. but not the berry flavor yet...  Deliveries seem to go to a few same places... and Im happy with that... at first I wanted a zillion recipes and flavors. but now I just want my $200/hr.  I only do maggie missions to get to town or back to camp when leaving bar.

Edited by Darconios
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Moonshine shack update costs me a fortune and ROI is (too) low. Transportation, keeping all your bottles alive, requires very very slow riding and is boring!  Maggies missions takes, as a soloplayer, a lot of firepower for killing all enemies. I frequently enter an empty shack! After returning in about 5/10 minutes they all there again?

I love the bandtune in the bar, but dancing/drinking on your own is boring. Invite acception from other players is very low. 

But nevertheless R* starts a new interesting Role which needs, as expected, some polishing to become more interesting and profitable🤠 

Edited by Herta47
4 hours ago, Herta47 said:

The Moonshine shack update costs me a fortune and ROI is (too) low. Transportation, keeping all your bottles alive, requires very very slow riding and is boring!  Maggies missions takes, as a soloplayer, a lot of firepower for killing all enemies. I frequently enter an empty shack! After returning in about 5/10 minutes they all there again?

I love the bandtune in the bar, but dancing/drinking on your own is boring. Invite acception from other players is very low. 

But nevertheless R* starts a new interesting Role which needs, as expected, some polishing to become more interesting and profitable🤠 

Maggie's missions are among my favourites in the game, though, at least.  The one on the boat was epic, loved it and will have replay value.  Agree on the returns, but I think (as with any business!) it pays much better as we gain in experience and equipment.  I had my first $90 delivery just now and I'm only lvl 6.  Once they hit $200 it'll pay as well as trader as things happen more quickly with moonshining.  SO I get what you're saying, but I think we stick with it.  It's a fun process, getting it right, and I accepted an invitation to another player's bar yesterday.  We had a dance off.  Was fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the revenue agents... on a whim today I stopped when I saw the red, went up on foot and just gunned them all down in cold blood before carrying on. I had one come try and chase me, but I was already there and nothing became of it. The ride through method has cost me a bottle or two from being shot at. Perhaps it’s the better method. I suppose I’ll have to try a few more times and see.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

On the revenue agents... on a whim today I stopped when I saw the red, went up on foot and just gunned them all down in cold blood before carrying on. I had one come try and chase me, but I was already there and nothing became of it. The ride through method has cost me a bottle or two from being shot at. Perhaps it’s the better method. I suppose I’ll have to try a few more times and see.

I've been doing them "as intended" for now, and don't think I've lost any bottles to them yet. Then again, I only had to fight them (during a delivery) maybe five times. Most of the time they either wave me straight through, or they make me stop, check the wagon, and then wave me through.

When they do turn hostile, I just jump off the wagon immediately and run some distance away before engaging them with a rifle or repeater. So far that seems to work to keep the wagon out of the line of fire, as most of them are pretty agressive and try to rush you, they don't linger near the wagon.

Got stuck on the loading screen for a delivery again tonight but my posse was able to successfully deliver the ‘shine without me. My game never recovered and I had to quit so no credit for me. Another $250 write-off.

Not getting daily challenge credit for making Cripp’s special recipe stew either anymore, just another bug to add to the long list.

Maaaan... i loved the whole moonshiner thing, but definatly not the delivery of bottles.. its a true griefers wet Dream..

infact, in this festive period, i have almost only red dots on the map.. destroying everyones buisnesses.. 🤬

i guess its that time of year, where all the kids from GTA Joins in..

I haven’t noticed any (aside from a random headshot and run away from some guy). Once I got my second navy revolver I tested them out by going on a little murder spree in armadillo, so I might have been red (I murdered a few tow folks and sherif posies). But even surrounded by other players and on a random rampage I wasn’t shot at (I was kind of hoping for an excuse to try them on a player LOL)

RockStar makes all these claims that they patched and fixed things in this game, I'm still having problems with animals spawns and I finally get into a session with decent animal spawns only to have my camp not pitch. 15 minutes spent trying to get my camp up. I'll be glad when I get to rank 20 with the Trader Role so that I can be done with this crap. I wanted to unlock the level 20 horse this weekend but that's fading away fast. I don't think they fixed much of anything with this patch. 

Oh, did I mention the infinite loading screens since the new update. 

Edited by Vendetta