12/13/19 Moonshiner Update

Kean_1

Went yesterday several times during the day to my shack in the Heartland. Totaly empty!!! 

I orderd strong Moonshine for $50. After several hours Marcel was ready. Just one buyer for $ 93. Have to wait for ~ 1 hour for a buyer update. Ridiculous 😤

Leave it that way untill there is an update. 

Edited by Herta47

On 12/28/2019 at 3:11 AM, Darconios said:

Dang... I didn't realize so many would take offense by learning how to do this mission hands off... with 20 out of 20 nottles deliuvered each time.

I grasp that there are player types who cannot handle stealth missions... No poisoning the stills for them.. just shoot shoot shoot...

I am suggesting that killing and looting the 7 agents at the roadblock seems fairly dense to me.   Better economically to run through and do a maggie mission if you want bodies.

I truly don't care if you all stop and shoot the revenue agents.. I  just saying half the time they let you pass without a shot fired... the entire mission by holding a button...

So when do you stop and smoke your weed?   By fitting in my bong hits on a delivery I free up more time for killing griefers.

If I am in the other room holding down a button.. or you are driving your wagon... Its the exact same distance to the first blockade...   So you can view the scenery... but I've already memorized the map.

I am saying sometimes if you run a blockade they cannot even send chasers after you (Amarillo saloon delivery).

Fight NPC's all day long if that's your thing.   Makes you feel tough by killing an NPC agent... just for the point.  .. Its a game.. there is no correct way to play.... I like to fit my bong hist in where I can... (I suggest stealth can be a part of the game)... but requires a less shoot everything and more a calculated approach.

Not easy if you are a beginner I guess.

I imagine many would not even try to pass a blockade without firing.. I mean it is counter intuitive that they would let you pass... but some of us fool easier than others I guess.

Seriously? Didnt mean to offend you or criticize your method of dealing with the quests. Just pointed out my way. I tend to play agressive so if i have a choice to leave the bad NPC's alone or kill em i choose killing. Its not that i make myself feel tough when i slaughter them - for me killing them is part of the game and not to mention its pure xp. I keep my stealth on when i need it. And im not a begginer - im far from it.     I recommend relaxing a bit and maybe laying off the ganja. I hear it makes ppl paranoid. 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:05 PM, MrPicard said:

Same goes for Trader - I'm not gonna bother looking for non-existing animals for hours and hours and I'm not gonna bother trying to set up a camp over and over again. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. 

Go any town, choose Barbarella Alcazar legendary bounty. When the mision starts dont go  into mission range - just hunt until you max out ur cart, then just finish the mission or kill yourself. Sadly this is the way i hunt now. Its even faster to fill up cripps bcoz it takes half the amount of animals to top him than it was before - its a bit funny bcoz it seems R* implemented it to "fix" the animal number issues.....oh boy. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 4

Wow!  Kean and you BOTH think I was singling you out... and you suggest it is I who is paranoid.

I gave a HANDS FREE (hold 1 F'N Button) method of doing the mission half the time (CINEMATIC)... which most unoriginal INSIDE the box thinkers would just power through shooting whatever...  Meanwhile on the clock and with shots possibly being fired at you.... unnecessarily... when 1 bottle can cost you $62 RDO.

I actually do not go and do bong hits every single time I make a delivery... The point was I have.. and I could again... normally i would just make a coffee, or take a crap... so maybe you have consoles in your bathrooms also.

By holding 1 button......

So I tell that and a few of you say that is too out of the box thinking.. ysome of youd rather just power through as if these revenue agents were the real deal.. Its fiction dudes.  Efficiency is more important than griefing NPC's.   But its a game.. get your kicks where you want.

Ive seen people her complain about not being able to deliver 20/20... I gave instructions on how to always get 20/20.. simply....

But if everyone in thsi forum is going to assume I was speaking upon them.... Kean even said he was unsure why I thought his post was offensive.. NOTE: If you think I may find it offensive.... then perhaps it is your own guilty consciousness.. because I certainly never pointed fingers at anyone.

Actually I was aiming at Hickok... Not kean.. but he didnt know that either.

After a certain level experience seems pointless hickok.. but get your 70-200 exp for killing the agents and starting them chasing you EVERY time.   But when your max level in all careers and over level 100, experience is a time waster.

There are various missions that trigger solo rooms but you can only do legendary bounties if you do them regularly... For example the most I could get right would be a hard mission $$$.  I have the wagon and am level 20... but have not done a bounty since.  I'm here for moonshiner, dailies,  and outlaw pass 2... now just for dailies... and might give them up.  game is pretty lame lately.

I never use stealth mode as in defensive... We have explosive ammo for a reason and staying n defensive it will never get used.  I don't grieve so I am forced to wait until fired upon...

But yeah.... everyone assumed I was speaking on them...

For those who have not yet caught on... you can a shoot everything.... or you can just do the entire mission from a-z in cinematic mode.. unless they give chase .. and then you can stay in cinematic until AFTER the roadblock.... no roadblock has every damaged a single bottle from my cart when I just drive through quickly.

This was an out of the box approach... (I'd wager many do not eve attempt to drive through the roadblocks).... for those who want to do the mission fast and for maximum profit... If you want NPC's do a maggie mission when you want to leave the shack.. they often leave you closer to camp or fast travel.

If you want to shoot everything... That also works... less profitable I imagine for many.. but works.

Edited by Kean_1
(removed blank rows)
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Darconios said:

Wow!  Kean and you BOTH think I was singling you out... and you suggest it is I who is paranoid.

I gave a HANDS FREE (hold 1 F'N Button) method of doing the mission half the time (CINEMATIC)... which most unoriginal INSIDE the box thinkers would just power through shooting whatever...  Meanwhile on the clock and with shots possibly being fired at you.... unnecessarily... when 1 bottle can cost you $62 RDO.

I actually do not go and do bong hits every single time I make a delivery... The point was I have.. and I could again... normally i would just make a coffee, or take a crap... so maybe you have consoles in your bathrooms also.

So I tell that and a few of you say that is too out of the box thinking.. ysome of youd rather just power through as if these revenue agents were the real deal.. Its fiction dudes.  Efficiency is more important than griefing NPC's.   But its a game.. get your kicks where you want.

Ive seen people her complain about not being able to deliver 20/20... I gave instructions on how to always get 20/20.. simply....

But if everyone in thsi forum is going to assume I was speaking upon them.... Kean even said he was unsure why I thought his post was offensive.. NOTE: If you think I may find it offensive.... then perhaps it is your own guilty consciousness.. because I certainly never pointed fingers at anyone.

After a certain level experience seems pointless hickok.. but get your 70-200 exp for killing the agents and starting them chasing you EVERY time.   But when your max level in all careers and over level 100, experience is a time waster.

There are various missions that trigger solo rooms but you can only do legendary bounties if you do them regularly... For example the most I could get right would be a hard mission $$$.  I have the wagon and am level 20... but have not done a bounty since.  I'm here for moonshiner, dailies,  and outlaw pass 2... now just for dailies... and might give them up.  game is pretty lame lately.

I never use stealth mode as in defensive... We have explosive ammo for a reason and staying n defensive it will never get used.  I don't grieve so I am forced to wait until fired upon...

For those who have not yet caught on... you can a shoot everything.... or you can just do the entire mission from a-z in cinematic mode.. unless they give chase .. and then you can stay in cinematic until AFTER the roadblock.... no roadblock has every damaged a single bottle from my cart when I just drive through quickly.

This was an out of the box approach... (I'd wager many do not eve attempt to drive through the roadblocks).... for those who want to do the mission fast and for maximum profit... If you want NPC's do a maggie mission when you want to leave the shack.. they often leave you closer to camp or fast travel.

If you want to shoot everything... That also works... less profitable I imagine for many.. but works.

😄

I didn't think you were singling me out but you were speaking to those of us giving the viewpoints on the topic you criticized so yeah, I threw in my two cents since I shared in that feedback that seemed to bother you. 

Seems clear I pushed your buttons and sorry that I did as it was not my intention.  Guess I'll be a little more conscious of what I bring up in our discussions next time. 

....on a completely different topic, if you could do me a favor and not place all of those blank rows after your responses I would appreciate it.  It makes threads longer than they need to be. I don't know if you noticed but I've edited several of your posts up to this point to remove those.  It would save me the hassle of having to do that, thanks.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before, but I'll repeat it: if the main concern is not losing bottles, there's really no need to race through the checkpoint. I've been playing them "as intended" - stopping at the checkpoint, waiting on the wagon while they check - and when they turn hostile, I just jump off the wagon and run to some nearby cover, usually a rock, and kill the revenue agents. I've lost 0 bottles that way. The one time I lost 1 bottle because of revenue agents was during the chase afterwards. 99% of the time they come from a good distance behind you and there's plenty of time to pick them off while driving in aim mode, but one time a couple of them popped up from behind a turn in front of me and I lost one.

You're much more likely to lose bottles because of a bump in the road or something, so I generally auto-drive in aim mode now, then stop at the checkpoint, then aim mode again to deal with the chasing agents. That makes the horses slow down at rough spots, especially crossing through water or over bridges were the points where I tended to lose one or two bottles because I'd hit those points with too much speed when driving manually.

I used to get waved through a lot, but since I hit level 20, they made me stop at the checkpoint every time, and turned hostile every time except once, something like 13 out of the last 14 times. I assume that's random though, or I'd have seen others mention this, but it did make me wonder a few times if it was by design, heh.

And to be clear, I'm also really not offended if you use other methods to complete the delivery missions. Play whichever way works best for you, I don't mind at all. My main point of contention with Darconius is about the following, though:

6 hours ago, Darconios said:

Granted, I'm old and my digestive system is not what it used to be, but how on earth do you have time to take a crap during a delivery mission? They're super short! You must have a lot of fiber in your diet.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Darconios said:

Actually exp matters to me - i want to be rank 500. And about the profit - i noticed that dead revenue agents hold some nice loot - i pick a lot of colectibles and tonics from them so more than 70-200 exp and more profitable than just driving it fast (not to mention its boring). I will say this again - i never said your method was wrong - i just pointed out mine.     Dont understand why you r so agressive in your posts.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Actually exp matters to me - i want to be rank 500. And about the profit - i noticed that dead revenue agents hold some nice loot - i pick a lot of colectibles and tonics from them so more than 70-200 exp and more profitable than just driving it fast (not to mention its boring). I will say this again - i never said your method was wrong - i just pointed out mine.     Dont understand why you r so agressive in your posts.  

That’s a bingo!!! The agents carry good shiznit..... sometimes I will run the risk of the time running out on the mission because I’m looting every single one of them ..... also I’ve seen nothing offensive.... it’s a game, for one, and its open world that gives many options for the play style you prefer .... some are outlaws, some are not ...... some are looking to do everything the easiest way and that’s cool too, even though i don’t like that because without the challenge, what’s the point?  Wish there was a “hardcore” lobby or something that takes out all of the easy way out options, no defensive mode, etc .... 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hi Tomasz, ranking 500 is a good intention for 2020👍 

Request R* to reward you with a special 'James Hickok 1837 ranking 500 statue' in St. Denis Center 🤣😂

Edited by Herta47

Okay.... I don't want to teach math but if you save 2 minutes per mission by not starting crap with the 7 agents at the barricade... (when sometimes they let you pass without chasers)... plus another 7-8 kills with the chasers... If none of them damage 1 bottle... and if you have TIME to loot them all... I've had close calls doing the kill all and loot methods.

So if you save 2 minutes per mission.. then you can spend that time running maggie missions and killing countless "revenue agents" (they're really NPC's)... or doing ANYTHING economical time-wise.

However.... Be careful not to poison a still.... That might lose you some kills.

My point was not that I need time for bongs.. or that I do not like "experience"...

My points were that you can deliver 20 out of 20 bottles EVERY SINGLE TIME using cinematic...  without them even stopping you half the time.

The entire mission by holding the x button... 100% successfully... whenever they let you pass... or in the case of armadillo deliveries.. even if they say stop and give chase.. Youre GONE!

So.. I suppose I think ts very very silly that so many suggest these "revenue agents" can be filled with fear and give greater exp.    You get experience with every kill...

Killing and looting chasers is very silly... youre on the clock and you often shoot them before they can damage bottles.. so do you really get on your horse.. ride (with your wagon or a stolen horse... or run?!?) to their bodies 100 yards behind you.. loot them... and then still finish on time?   Not the best strategy but if you dont mind failing the odd time.. go for it.

I do not even think YouTube has videos on the cinematic mode trick yet.

So...

I say a way people can save time, money by delivering bottles easier... and yes... I think its foolish to say shoot em up is better... It is not better for experience.. because while you are shooting these players and riding 100 yards to loot them... Unless you wait until they are right beside you before killing em.. (bad for bottles though) you could be playing other missions with time saved.

The earlier part of this thread is filled with people complaining about breaking bottles.

But I do agree.. Killing them all can be fun in a venting sort of way... There are some of us who poison  the stills.. and some of us who shoot everything for experience.  Both are valid.   

I'd rather get experience quicker and loot 20 bodies that are all within the same square ten feet (make them come to you and loot while at least one target left alive.  If I shot a chaser I would exit the wagon and let them get closer for easier looting... exiting wagon takes it out of gunfire.. but costs time.

Your points would be valid if I was not finishing the missions quicker and moving on with other aspects of the game which could yield cash, looting or experience.

I see killing all as more timely, harder to loot NPC's, risk of bottles and clock running out...  as opposed to holding 1 button and finishing minutes earlier.

Edited by Darconios

On 12/31/2019 at 10:22 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Absolutely agree.  And I chuckle when so many of the revenue agents carry collectible liquor, that can't be a coincidence!

And on the last part - it's the drugs, man (reaches for ignore button).

• Like 1

Glitch world continues... Today it took me 45 minutes to get into my cookhouse cabin.   I ended up relogging onto game at least 3 times today... and could not even load the game several tries.

BROKEN DELIVERY... I've had missions not start.. but today I could not even activate a delivery... I went to where the 20/20 bottles are in Marcels menu and it is grey.. like I could not even click on it for option to deliver...  I could not redo mash or flavor until bottles delivered and cannot deliver bottles...

Yep... loads of fun.. a game that does not load.. that does not work..  That has no animals... I mean I have fully given up on trying to get predator skins, etc... Like I'm ever gonna find an alligator in RDR2... without activating a mission to "cheat"/bypass glitch.

Maybe they are trying to drive away even the rest of us who play only for dailies.

I believe rockstar has turned off the animals on purpose to see if we will buy more gold.... makes me want to play minecraft... where they have animals and such... and horses dont need stimulants.

Edited by Kean_1
Removed excessive blank rows (AGAIN)

Enter frequently an empty shack! Paid more than once $50 for strong moonshine with special flavour for $ 225 sale. Wenn it's ready it's the cheapest for $ 93,75! At delivery mostly 2 bottles showed to be broken, but that's impossible. I drive slowly and my hole 'blue wheel' was full. Hope R* brings, after their vacation, a large update this week. 

Edited by Herta47

13 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Hope R* brings, after their vacation, a large update this week. 

THIS... I hope it comes on Tuesday... But i really have no hopes.. The game is SO broken... And there is too many things to mention. The game is almost as it was in the early week of Beta.. UN_Playable. - I logged in today (Only for 30 mins) But, i rode from Valentine, to Amardillo, and i saw nothing.. really... nothing.. i shot 1 bird.. (Yep..1) , and the world was empty.. There was 23 players in the lobby, so i know THAT was an issue, but also the major one. They really need to fix this issue, as i dont want to try all the "Hacks" to get an empty lobby to hunt, i want to be able to hunt and do missions with the servers full.

ofcourse they need their vacation like all of us, but if they want to keep this game a game that players want to play, they should really really put in that update asap.. 

• Like 2

Yes, it's a shame and I love this game but I have only logged in on the past five days to get my daily challenges streak back up in case they fix it.  I was at 70-odd days, level 142, and have all four professions to level 20, but now it is suddenly really glitchy.  My moonshine shack gives no end of issues, and now collector's maps have not been working - the yellow search zone shows up, but there's nothing to find.  Also, even Trade Route has started bugging - gives us six goods, then there are no bandits and no increase in goods.  So it's just a sucky train ride for six goods, so not worth it.  Has never done that to me before and I have done a lot of those.  So I just do a couple of easy challenges (change a buckle, jump to a horse, eat a stew etc) and then log back out and go play Elite (on the plus side, my Anaconda now has a larger power plant given my sudden free time).  RDR is my true gaming love but I just use the moonshine shack to check bugginess.  If it isn't working then I just do a challenge and go play something else.  I will check every day, though, as surely they will fix it soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SimonTemplar said:

Yes, it's a shame and I love this game but I have only logged in on the past five days to get my daily challenges streak back up in case they fix it.  I was at 70-odd days, level 142, and have all four professions to level 20, but now it is suddenly really glitchy.  My moonshine shack gives no end of issues, and now collector's maps have not been working - the yellow search zone shows up, but there's nothing to find.  Also, even Trade Route has started bugging - gives us six goods, then there are no bandits and no increase in goods.  So it's just a sucky train ride for six goods, so not worth it.  Has never done that to me before and I have done a lot of those.  So I just do a couple of easy challenges (change a buckle, jump to a horse, eat a stew etc) and then log back out and go play Elite (on the plus side, my Anaconda now has a larger power plant given my sudden free time).  RDR is my true gaming love but I just use the moonshine shack to check bugginess.  If it isn't working then I just do a challenge and go play something else.  I will check every day, though, as surely they will fix it soon.

I've not had the Trade Route thing happen yet - though I haven't done one in a few days, I've just been doing a few dailies as well and been checking out another Frontier game (Planet Zoo) :) - but I had the issue with the collector's maps several times the last few weeks. Restarting the game always fixed that for me. (Possibly changing lobbies might do the trick as well, not sure about that.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SimonTemplar said:

log back out and go play Elite (on the plus side, my Anaconda now has a larger power plant given my sudden free time).  

I need to get back into Elite, too - my interest waned once I got my Asp 100% kitted out with everything I wanted - it was my dream ship since the 80's, when you could only have your Cobra Mk.III, and getting it perfect felt like the complete journey.  I switched the game on the other day and literally couldn't remember how to operate my ship. Fortunately I took one of my Imperial Eagles out, rather than the Asp, so the financial pain wasn't too bad when I stacked it into the space station shortly after launch. 

Having literally played nothing but RDR since the day it dropped, I have found my enthusiasm diminished since the moonshiner update.  I was away for a couple of days over Christmas and lost my streak, just re-hit 7 days again, and its feeling like a chore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harlock1796 said:

I need to get back into Elite, too - my interest waned once I got my Asp 100% kitted out with everything I wanted - it was my dream ship since the 80's, when you could only have your Cobra Mk.III, and getting it perfect felt like the complete journey.  I switched the game on the other day and literally couldn't remember how to operate my ship. Fortunately I took one of my Imperial Eagles out, rather than the Asp, so the financial pain wasn't too bad when I stacked it into the space station shortly after launch. 

Having literally played nothing but RDR since the day it dropped, I have found my enthusiasm diminished since the moonshiner update.  I was away for a couple of days over Christmas and lost my streak, just re-hit 7 days again, and its feeling like a chore.

Yes, sadly I am the same.  I love RDR, really love it, and if it were glitch-free I'd be sticking with it.  I have always loved the Western genre (film geek alert!), and gaming, and my kids got me RDR for Christmas 2018 (with some help from Mrs Templar!), so it has a really special place in my heart.  But as it is, I just look in on it to see if it is still broken, and if it is then I go to Elite once I have ticked the daily challenge box.  

Have similar nostalgia for Elite - I played in the 1980s (I'm, gulp, 45), so in this incarnation I am trying to own all the ships which were present in the original game.  Hence my new Anaconda.  Have done Adder, Asp (both), Cobra, but yet to do Python and Mamba.  Great game but as you say it moves so fast that basic flying is difficult when you take some time out.  It's my #2 game of all time.  RDR is #1 but glitches are enably ED to turn my head.  I feel like I'm having an affair.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:42 AM, Herta47 said:

Hi Tomasz, ranking 500 is a good intention for 2020👍 

Request R* to reward you with a special 'James Hickok 1837 ranking 500 statue' in St. Denis Center 🤣😂

Ugh i hate statues :/ but seriously it would be nice to get something for levels 300,400,500 etc.          How about you friend ? How are the levels going? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Ugh i hate statues :/ but seriously it would be nice to get something for levels 300,400,500 etc.          How about you friend ? How are the levels going? 

57 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I'm lvl 237. Nowadays mostly running collectables/hunting as single player. Bit boring, but I still love the landscape. Incidently joining a Persistent Posse, but it's very difficult to find one with more experienced players with not just killers in the team the time your on. 

Edited by Herta47
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I think the levels are too easy to obtain. Now with the Outlaw Pass they are even easier. Also the Role levels are a joke. Grind for a day and your done. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

I think the levels are too easy to obtain. Now with the Outlaw Pass they are even easier. Also the Role levels are a joke. Grind for a day and your done. 

I agree.  

I think they made it too easy to level up in roles because even as a very casual RDO player, I still find it's easy to gain a lot of ground in this regard during a session.  

Now, if content releases were more frequent, then I might see the progression as being more appropriate but as it is, folks are simply completing these roles and are left with a lul between releases.  The pacing should be adjusted in either case IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

37 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I agree.  

I think they made it too easy to level up in roles because even as a very casual RDO player, I still find it's easy to gain a lot of ground in this regard during a session.  

Now, if content releases were more frequent, then I might see the progression as being more appropriate but as it is, folks are simply completing these roles and are left with a lul between releases.  The pacing should be adjusted in either case IMO.

Yes i agree and i stated this before also its a shame the progressing in the roles is soo easy and fast. I mean we dont want a Korean grind here but the roles could be streched and the prices for rewards/horses/upgrades should be a lot expensive to buy. It would give incentive to play and level and at the same time would be more rewarding for your time/effort. I guess they aim casual but still hope to have fun playing in this fun western world. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yes i agree and i stated this before also its a shame the progressing in the roles is soo easy and fast. I mean we dont want a Korean grind here but the roles could be streched and the prices for rewards/horses/upgrades should be a lot expensive to buy. It would give incentive to play and level and at the same time would be more rewarding for your time/effort. I guess they aim casual but still hope to have fun playing in this fun western world. 

Well, speaking as a very casual player of RDO, I even find the pacing too quick in that regard too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

It shouldn't take me 6 months to top the role out but at the same time I shouldn't be able to top it out with a power push over a grindy couple days over the weekend either.

You would think they realized this by now. It seems like some stuff is too easy and other things are taking too damn long in the game. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

You would think they realized this by now. It seems like some stuff is too easy and other things are taking too damn long in the game. 

What do you think is taking too long in the game besides bug fixes and patches? I have found everything quick and easy.

• Like 1