12/23/19 Winter Weather Warning, Bonuses & More

Kean_1

3 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

I hope they will add a massive patch tomorrow, or atleast early next week.. Cause right now, its pretty unplayable/unstable

Yeah.....  The usual "Tues Updates" schedule seems to have been thrown off since the last big update.  They were posting bonuses, etc. every Tuesday for months before that almost like clockwork.  Now it seems the updates are coming anytime during the week but sometimes not at all.

I'm hoping next week (since its after the holidays) we will see them get back into a more predictable groove.  .....I don't know about any kind of major update though coming that soon but yeah, a decent patch / adjustments would be nice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

The snow was cool.. really cool.. But at this time, i wish they would fix the game, and make the snow continue up north.. instead of the whole map.. THAT would make sence..

As silly as it might seem, it's actually somewhat historically accurate. The game is set in 1899, the same year that a very unusual snowy weather event occurred, referred to as the Great Blizzard of 1899. Snowfall in New Orleans (what Saint Denis is based on) reached 3.8 inches (9.7 cm) with strong winds and temperatures below 10 °F (−12 °C).

The Wikipedia article I read about it even goes on to include how the entire country was below freezing basically (desert areas included) and how animal populations were decimated by it. It's historically accurate in a lot of ways, even if it is unintentional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_of_1899

Edited by poopypoopypoop
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah.....  The usual "Tues Updates" schedule seems to have been thrown off since the last big update.  They were posting bonuses, etc. every Tuesday for months before that almost like clockwork.  Now it seems the updates are coming anytime during the week but sometimes not at all.

I'm hoping next week (since its after the holidays) we will see them get back into a more predictable groove.  .....I don't know about any kind of major update though coming that soon but yeah, a decent patch / adjustments would be nice.

christmas, easter and summer hollidays allways throws predictable habits and behavior into the void, it wont be back to normal before at the earliest next week, cuz who is going to take these two "work days" this week serious??

39 minutes ago, NF85 said:

christmas, easter and summer hollidays allways throws predictable habits and behavior into the void, it wont be back to normal before at the earliest next week, cuz who is going to take these two "work days" this week serious??

True, however, they might have people looking at all the tickets they get from frustrated gamers.. And seeing GTA V updates still occurs on Thursdays, i would say a patch update today is not strictly off.. But am i counting on it? - NO... Early next week is proberly the right answer. 

Have to say that I have been loving the snow, and my festive goody bag.  Love the Krampus shotgun as anything different but still looking broadly period floats my boat.  On Christmas Eve there was howling strong wind and driving snow and it really gave the game a different feel.

I had a few issues yesterday with spawning my camp, first in a while, but my moonshine shack was working (hit level 19, yay!) and there were more animals around.  I did the six perfect pelts and the six big carcasses for Cripps dailies which I would have struggled with before Christmas.

If it ever gets bad for too long I hop over to Elite: Dangerous but have only played that once in the past two weeks, which gives me an indicator that the game has been stable for me through that period.  Given that it was Christmas and they added in lots of Christmas goodies that seems pretty good to me.

Basically, I'm loving the game and loved the Christmas feel!

• Like 1

It is still on, and it should not have been if it follows the old gta5o system by beeing up for only 2 days, so i guess it is victim of the realy, realy short week.

I now dont expect the snow to be removed before tuesday or thursday.

Edited by NF85

8 minutes ago, NF85 said:

It is still on, and it should not have been if it follows the old gta5o system by beeing up for only 2 days, so i guess it is victim of the realy, realy short week.

I now dont expect the snow to be removed before tuesday or thursday.

The year prior to this the snow never took a break in GTAO like it did this year.  It got old pretty quick.  ......so it seems they backed off a bit 

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

The year prior to this the snow never took a break in GTAO like it did this year.  It got old pretty quick.  ......so it seems they backed off a bit 

Rockstar must be on overtime fixing the game... i hope tuesday Will bring a massive bug fix patch... its been too long

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Then that was most likely an experiment year.

I played gta5o from summer 14 to spring 18, i only saw non stop snow the first year. the rest of them there was snow on 24-26 and 31-2.

The snow was a ***** to drive on and 3x worse with an MC, plus there like here, it is stupid to have snow yet the AI is walking around dressed as if it was 30c.

1 hour ago, NF85 said:

Then that was most likely an experiment year.

I played gta5o from summer 14 to spring 18, i only saw non stop snow the first year. the rest of them there was snow on 24-26 and 31-2.

The snow was a ***** to drive on and 3x worse with an MC, plus there like here, it is stupid to have snow yet the AI is walking around dressed as if it was 30c.

Yeah, last time before this it was a bear. Made driving difficult as some friends new to the online part were trying to get into some of the businesses and I was showing them the ropes.  It got old kinda quick.

I am shocked they brought it back. I mean wouldn't it have made more sense to just have it going from a week before Christmas to a the end of the first week of January and just not have it snow as much? Like have it be more infrequent or something. Have blizzards online on Christmas Eve night, Christmas day then same for New Year's Eve and day.

22 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

A lot of folks are traveling and/or on vacations during this time. I can see how they might want to have these events for a couple weeks or so to allow everyone a chance to share in the experience.

I love Wintersport with snow, sun and beer, but getting depressed from this weather/snow for weeks now. Snow and cloudy weather is fine with me, but not for weeks😝

On 1/4/2020 at 8:05 PM, Kean_1 said:

A lot of folks are traveling and/or on vacations during this time. I can see how they might want to have these events for a couple weeks or so to allow everyone a chance to share in the experience.

Yes agreed - we had family to stay from 24th-27th so I wasn't online at all.  I like that the snow has persisted as I can't play that much at this time of year (young family, school holidays!).

1 hour ago, McLawDiz said:

SNOW is gone! - And all festive stuff has been removed.. 

All I can say is thank **** for that! My opinion of the winter conditions may have been somewhat tarnished by the other issues with the game since the moonshiner update but I really didn't like the snow in RDO. Everywhere looked much the same, visibility was appalling all the time and the world looked really bleak and uninteresting. Yesterday I spotted my health core being affected by warm weather - I was in the Bayou but there was still snow on the ground and conditions were the same as they had been when I'd had to keep cold weather gear on all the time. I checked and it was 25 degrees C!! 25 degrees and snow on the ground, not exactly realistic. 

As you rightly said, hopefully we can get a patch soon and get our old RDO back so that I actually want to play the game again rather than just log on to do dailies.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 1:20 PM, CosmoKramer said:

I was in the Bayou but there was still snow on the ground and conditions were the same as they had been when I'd had to keep cold weather gear on all the time. I checked and it was 25 degrees C!! 25 degrees and snow on the ground, not exactly realistic. 

That stuff started to happend night to monday, i was online and saw it gradualy change.

Kinda glad i can pack away my winter gear until R* deside to add content in grizzlys west.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:32 AM, McLawDiz said:

SNOW is gone! - And all festive stuff has been removed.. 

Now, lets hope Rockstar is preparing a H-U-G-E bugfix + update, to come Tuesday! *Fingers Crossed*

Players be like "FIX YOUR GAME"!      "Improve what you have".

R* be like "Heres some new hats, clothing and a new pvp game mode".

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Players be like "FIX YOUR GAME"!      "Improve what you have".

R* be like "Heres some new hats, clothing and a new pvp game mode".

Haha.. Yeah.. they are trolling.. To the max!

or having major issues fixing the issues the game has at this very moment..