There are people who will never play RDR2

Benjo

My cousin has no interest in playing it. He played the first one a bit with me and said he enjoyed it but has since gotten lost down the World of Warcraft blackhole and really doesn't play anything other than that game anymore. He is missing out on a lot of great games too, not even just RDR2. Oh well!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gh0stRyder said:

My cousin has no interest in playing it. He played the first one a bit with me and said he enjoyed it but has since gotten lost down the World of Warcraft blackhole and really doesn't play anything other than that game anymore. He is missing out on a lot of great games too, not even just RDR2. Oh well!

It's unfathomable. 

• Like 1

I had a friend who was addicted to WoW for years and the dude didn't bother with other games either. He has since stopped and is better off. I'm sure that game is great for what it is but you have to invest so much time to get anywhere in it that it ends up becoming a second (or in some cases first lol) job for people. I'd rather have a life outside my computer screen. I like games that have a clear end in sight. 

I am proud to say that even MY WIFE has finally joined the wonderful world of Red Dead Redemption!  Yep, I did it!   After hearing me go on and on about RDR2 for so long, last weekend she said "Ok, I need to know how to play this game!   I want to play the RDR story line and get involved so that when the new one comes out, I can play it too!"  So, last weekend we sat down and put it on.  She loves it!  She has a little trouble aiming, but that will come in time I told her.   She played for a couple of hours and practiced hunting, aiming, and riding.   She almost beat Bonnie in that race around the ranch so the riding part is down.   It was a proud moment when she picked up that controller and started learning how to play!   I told her I would help her, but that she should just follow the instructions on the screen and follow along.   She's even interested in the story line so that's awesome too!  (I may or may not have shed a single tear in joy)  😪

Edited by Jackthestripper
  • Like 3

On 9/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, Jackthestripper said:

I am proud to say that even MY WIFE has finally joined the wonderful world of Red Dead Redemption!  Yep, I did it!   After hearing me go on and on about RDR2 for so long, last weekend she said "Ok, I need to know how to play this game!   I want to play the RDR story line and get involved so that when the new one comes out, I can play it too!"  So, last weekend we sat down and put it on.  She loves it!  She has a little trouble aiming, but that will come in time I told her.   She played for a couple of hours and practiced hunting, aiming, and riding.   She almost beat Bonnie in that race around the ranch so the riding part is down.   It was a proud moment when she picked up that controller and started learning how to play!   I told her I would help her, but that she should just follow the instructions on the screen and follow along.   She's even interested in the story line so that's awesome too!  (I may or may not have shed a single tear in joy)  😪

Watch out now, she may end up wanting to play RDR2 before you if she gets hooked on it enough. I mean if you guys can swing the cash, getting a used second console might be worth it. You can play side by side. I did that with RDR and GTA V with a friend of mine. Was a lot of fun. 

15 hours ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

Watch out now, she may end up wanting to play RDR2 before you if she gets hooked on it enough. I mean if you guys can swing the cash, getting a used second console might be worth it. You can play side by side. I did that with RDR and GTA V with a friend of mine. Was a lot of fun. 

I don't think it would get to the point where we need 2 consoles, but it would certainly be awesome if her love for the game grew to that point!  She's really only interested in the story line and what not...I doubt she'd play multiplayer.  But you do make a good point, and I did actually do that as well with a friend with RDR.  She is still struggling with the aiming as she's really not much of a gamer.   Hopefully she'll get the aiming down.   She played for a couple of hours yesterday and did improve a little.  Now if I could convince her to shoot birds and people, we might get a little further into the story line.