Anyone else having trouble making some animals spawn?

One-Eye Chris

So I've been wanting to upgrade the satchels and barley got 2 of them and now i'm trying for another one but it requieres a bison pelt. So i went on a bison hunt and can't seem to find any. I go to the location on the map where supposedly bison should spawn but I go around the whole area and can't seem to find any. Idk if they only spawn at a certain time of the day or if I'm doing anything wrong in particular. What are you're guys' thoughts? Or do you have any ideas?

7 minutes ago, One-Eye Chris said:

So I've been wanting to upgrade the satchels and barley got 2 of them and now i'm trying for another one but it requieres a bison pelt. So i went on a bison hunt and can't seem to find any. I go to the location on the map where supposedly bison should spawn but I go around the whole area and can't seem to find any. Idk if they only spawn at a certain time of the day or if I'm doing anything wrong in particular. What are you're guys' thoughts? Or do you have any ideas?

Yeah they aren't always there. Just come back later or do a mission and they might spawn - I guess Rockstar don't want it to be too easy.

15 minutes ago, Benjo said:

Yeah they aren't always there. Just come back later or do a mission and they might spawn - I guess Rockstar don't want it to be too easy.

Yeah, gonna keep at it and hopefully The Great Jimmy Barnes in the sky will have mercy on my soul and spawn a bison or two.

Yeah i suppose Rockstar just wants us to keep on playing their game, lol.