New griefer solution from Rockstar!? Really.

Major Dammidge

Question

I took a headshot as I jumped off my horse at the butcher; once again I have been had. So I rode out of town to a stranger and he assigned me a mission: avenging a killing. My assignment was to assassinate the player that had just griefed me!! Cool, I thought--revenge with XP and cash!  But I guess the player received a notice there was a bounty on his head. I know sooner got a map fix and he was gone from the server. has anyone else encountered this or is Rockstar finally implementing worthwhile solutions?? 

1 answer to this question

19 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

I took a headshot as I jumped off my horse at the butcher; once again I have been had. So I rode out of town to a stranger and he assigned me a mission: avenging a killing. My assignment was to assassinate the player that had just griefed me!! Cool, I thought--revenge with XP and cash!  But I guess the player received a notice there was a bounty on his head. I know sooner got a map fix and he was gone from the server. has anyone else encountered this or is Rockstar finally implementing worthwhile solutions?? 

No. The other player also gets a notification that they have been targeted. They can choose to fight back, ride for hills or quit the game.  Remember it is still in beta mode. Therefore you will just have to tolerate this stuff.  
One way of getting the drop on a griefer is in your ability cards there is one card that allows you to survive a headshot if you are wearing a hat. However you have to upgrade it and that costs a thousand exp and then $350. 

• Like 1