Online Story Mission glitch, Please Help!

ItsTreesAndDen

Question

So I've got a glitch where if i'm doing an on-call story mission through the side menu (online after I've already completed the story mission first time round) and after finding a match and finishing the initial cut-scene you are told to saddle up, the Scrawny nag is always spawned instead of any of my other three horses i own. Mind you, my horses have insurance, no outstanding vet bills and I can call whichever horse i want in any other sort of event/stranger mission and free roam no problem. When i go to the stables side menu in free roam to assign a default speciality horse for story mission all three of my horses 'Select as default' options are blurred and not selectable.

So now I'm stuck with a scrawny nag EVERY story mission unless after every cut-scene i flee the nag, tediously go through the stable side menu to set a free roam default horse then back out of the menu and whistle for the horse i want.

I just want to know whether anyone else has run into this same issue and found a solution/fix for it?

I have sent a support ticket to Rock* Support, no reply yet.

Next time I hop on to play, I can record a video of issue and attach as a reply if need be..

Edited by ItsTreesAndDen
Changed 'Story Mode' in title to 'Story Mission'

4 answers to this question

I did experience this issue. It appears to be a glitch. Did you have a horse that was killed in a mission. Due to the fact you were not quick enough to revive it. That is what happened to me, when I was a lower rank. That is when this problem started for me.  I had to eventually go to my stable and heal the horse.  

I have healed my horses (all three) and bought insurance AND checked if they need healing ($4.00) from the stable tab in the side menu. All the above has been taken care of but no fix. Although there is this other bug which constantly shows (at random) either two or one of my stabled horse that i don’t use have completely red depleted health in their stables so when i take them out for the first time or whistle for them in free roam after a while, they need to be fed, this is even though i 100% make sure to stable them well fed with 100% health and stamina cores. 

Edited by ItsTreesAndDen

On 1/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, ItsTreesAndDen said:

I have healed my horses (all three) and bought insurance AND checked if they need healing ($4.00) from the stable tab in the side menu. All the above has been taken care of but no fix. Although there is this other bug which constantly shows (at random) either two or one of my stabled horse that i don’t use have completely red depleted health in their stables so when i take them out for the first time or whistle for them in free roam after a while, they need to be fed, this is even though i 100% make sure to stable them well fed with 100% health and stamina cores. 

Report this issue to RS. What saddles are you using. Are you upgrading them. Although I don't think that is the problem. 

13 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Report this issue to RS. What saddles are you using. Are you upgrading them. Although I don't think that is the problem. 

I am using one Gerden saddle and two knellers. Also i did upgrade the saddlebags to imporved but the glitch was around before that. The time i started to notice this was a day (IRL day) after i played the previous night i hopped on and bought a third horse (originally had two when the glitch didn't exist), then a day or two after that the glitch became apparent.