The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition is available from select retailers, the Rockstar Warehouse and digitally on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store and on PC via various digital storefronts such as the Rockstar Games Launcher. It includes all of the additional story content found in the Special Edition and some additional bonuses for Red Dead Online.
The Ultimate Edition was revealed along with all of its contents on the 4th of June, 2018. Every other special edition, including the Collector's Box which lacked the game itself, were announced on this day.
Ultimate Edition Contents
- Bonus Outfits: Two exclusive outfits for Red Dead Online player characters. The first outfit, the Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit features a long coat of oxblood color, a vest with a gold pocket watch chain, dark pants, and chocolate leather boots. The second outfit, the Copperhead Enforcer Outfit sports a fur-lined saddle-brown leather waistcoat, two-tone gloves, pinstripe black pants, and black leather boots.
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: The Black Chestnut Thoroughbred is a racehorse coming in a black chestnut coat only available for use in Red Dead Online. Also included is the High Plains Cutting Saddle, made with jet-black leather sporting gold metal accents, also only available in Red Dead Online.
- Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: The Survivor Camp theme will be available from the start to customize the player's camp in Red Dead Online.
- Free Access to Additional Weapons: Free access, with no additional charges, to the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle weapons from Gunsmiths in Red Dead Online.
- Rank Bonuses: Allows faster ranking in Red Dead Online up to rank 25.
- Content Included In Other Editions: All the other Story Mode bonuses found in the cheaper editions, including the Bank Robbery Mission and bonus Gang Hideout, the Dappled Black Thoroughbred, the Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit, the 3 Free Weapons at Gunsmiths, bonus Medallions and Talismans, and finally all the gameplay bonuses are also included.