Hours and Hours of FUN

UKRogue1

Cannot say enough good things about this game.  It was so worth the money.  I cannot stop playing.  I have played through to the Epilogues now four times and have just started a fifth game.  I will probably never have 100% completion as there are so many challenges I just haven't gotten to yet.   Wow .. Rockstar .. all I can say is WOW .. what a game.  

Lengthy post warning - ramblings that no one will care about but I want to do it any way - LOL 

Be Careful Where You Sleep ..

Some of these areas are just plain creepy and the background music doesn't help either .. LOL .. on my last play through I found myself in what seemed to be a very peaceful and green part of the map somewhere near  the Elysian Pool (I had just caught a legendary fish)  and it was getting quite late so I decided to have Arthur make camp.  As he was about to brew some coffee … WTF .. I lost control of Arthur and found these two nasty dudes pointing guns at him and threatening to shoot him if he ever made camp there again.  They literally came right up behind him.  

I never had this happen before on the previous plays, most likely because I just hadn't been in that area at that time of the evening before .. and it scared the holy crap out of me.  I was not expecting that.  Well Done Rockstar … LOL   serves me right for taking for granted this camping in the wilderness thing.  

I, of course, had Arthur deliberately make camp again and this time they came up and started shooting so we gunned them both down, looted them and dumped their corpses a fair bit away so he wouldn't have to sleep next to them.  Talk about AHHHHHH moment.  

A Horse Is A Horse .. 

So many things have been posted about the horses and I have to say that I am very glad there are so many different types available.  I want to try them all actually.  I did catch and break the white Arabian but after riding her around for awhile I don't think she is as much fun as the American standardbred.  Also, she is quite small and Arthur looks really odd on her (or at least to me any way).  Once bonded, the standardbred is a great horse to ride and is quite suitable for the majority of the tasks you have in the basic story mode.   This horse has managed to not dump Arthur during some pretty stressful and chaotic moments in the game.  The exception is the exploding wagon the Lemoyne raiders throw your way but it is forgivable.  

In the beginning, when you first go to Valentine with Hosea and buy Arthur a horse I actually spend the 150.00  right off and get the dappled palomino American standardbred.   This is the horse that I have Arthur ride for the majority of the game and at the very end.  I sell the brown and white Tennessee walker that you get from Adler Ranch in Chapter One and I ignore the free horses that are available if you have the Ultimate Edition.  I ignore them because you cannot later sell them until way late in the game and they take up stable space.  I like to keep stable space available in case I come across a horse I think I would like Arthur to ride around on for awhile.  So far I have had Arthur ride the grey Thoroughbred (stolen after Charles and Arthur kill the scumbag bison hunters), a splashed overo blk & white paint horse (stolen from a guy camping near the beach below Flatneck station), the Andalusian (purchased from the stables near Strawberry), the white Arabian (caught near Lake Isabella in the West Grizzlies), the black Arabian and gold Turkoman (both purchased at the livery in Saint Denis) and a few others as and when I feel like a change up.  I even stole the buckskin standardbred from the house robbery with Javier .. he was tethered behind the main house.  

I am just really partial to the standardbred and I am a creature of habit.  Now .. in this latest game I am playing I stumbled across a wild solid black American standardbred while camping near Hanging Dog Ranch.  I was so happy.  Caught her, broke her, threw Arthur's saddle on her and then made a straight run to the nearest stable to make sure I didn't lose her .. so for this new game I have both Palomino and solid black standardbreds … so much fun.   I might now sell the white Arabian as I don't think I will use her this game.   If I could have one wish, it would be that we could have more stable space or at least be able to own as many horses as we wanted at Beecher's Hope.  To each his or her own for this game and there is a horse for everyone .. so brilliant.  

Guns  ..

My favourite guns .. Lancaster repeater (except for hunting), dual wielding the sawed off shotguns (except when shooting bottles off the two brother's heads or disarming Jamie after the chase from the Chelonians - don't do that as they all die instantly from the scatter),  and Otis Miller's golden revolver which I really want Arthur to have.  I wish Arthur could go to New Austin .. at least to finish hunting for legendary animals and fish, find the remaining dinosaur bones and to get that damn golden gun etc.  

Scary Hype .. 

Read about all of the creepy cabins, most of which I had not gone in to before and decided to just suck it up and go in to some of them whether I was scared or not.  Really not so bad.  Echo's Vetter was probably the one that made me jump the worst but .. all of you know why .. LOL .. and then I read some postings about Fir Rise and of the creepy voices and evil laughter.  People were chatting back and forth about what could be going on in the barn you cant get into.   I went there and immediately realized it is Deborah MacGuiness - the crazy dinosaur lady.  It is not so creepy any more actually and it did dawn on me that she does tell Arthur where to send the bones and mentions Fir Rise.  Can't believe I forgot about that until I got there.  I actually like Deborah MacGuiness and love the bone challenge.   Now the one that does creep me out is the freaking taxidermist.  That lady is a nutter.   The squirrel challenge is quite hysterical, however.   

Wishes .. things I would love to see added to the story mode 

More Arthur DLC .. I don't want to stop playing as Arthur.  Sorry John but I never played RDR and so I was never attached to John's character.   I love Arthur and try to play as much of the game and complete as many of the challenges as Arthur as I can.   I, therefore, want to be able to enter New Austin as Arthur - doesn't have to be Blackwater but areas where we can enter and pick up the things we need to complete a couple of the challenges.  I would like Arthur to see Deborah MacGuiness again.  I did see someone's video of Arthur meeting Deborah again but  I cant figure out how they did that when Arthur cant get in to New Austin without being gunned down.  If I am missing a trick here can someone help …  ;   )  

More Black Belle and Arthur scenes.  That is one cool lady and I think she and Arthur could have had some adventures.  I love what he writes about her in his journal.  Maybe they could do a few DLC missions .. like Arthur saves her from hanging and they go hide out, rob a few trains, banks and so on … maybe she could bust him out of jail .. dunno .. just really like her character together with him.  That could go well with Arthur going to New Austin.  Maybe he goes there to help her out.  **hint hint Rockstar 

More stable space for more horses 

Being able to sell to the fence the extra guns you can pick up along the way.   Let's face it, you only need so many weapons on your horse but to be able to pick up the guns after a shoot out and then take them to the fence to sell would be very cool.   

More treasure maps.  I love hunting treasure.  Figuring out where everything is etc.   

Calm the wolves down option rather than have to shoot them all the time … it could take a fair bit of patience and time but wish Arthur could get out of having to kill so many wolves.   

More gang challenges .. I really enjoy the challenges and activities with other gang members.. etc.   Would love more of these.  It gets lonely searching for treasure and legendary animals with no one for company.   Can see Arthur taking on some of the hunts w/ Charles or even Lenny.  Maybe teach Lenny how to hunt etc.  

More encounters with Charlotte.  Arthur deserves a little romance.   Not too sappy but .. I think he should be able to go see her more often.   And more time w/ Hamish.  Hamish was a hoot and a half.   We lost him too soon.   

A few more friendlier camp sites - all the camp sites are so hostile.  It would be fun to just ride up and join in some random conversations, stories etc.   Get some clues for mysteries or treasure hunts etc.   

Add on towns and places … maybe secret ways to get through the mountains … 

and finally .. can we just beat the sh*t out of Micah at camp?  I seriously dislike this man and want Arthur to be able to kick his ass in camp.  He is such a bastard.   The only character in the story that I want Arthur to actually shoot in the face (well, actually … there is that creepy rapist guy and the kid who is mean to his dog at Emerald Ranch, and the guy who punches his horse after losing the race, and the KKK racist idiots, but you get to shoot them down so there is some satisfaction in that ) 

and then one question for any one still reading this boring post .. how do you trigger the bust out of jail scenes for Arthur?   I have never been arrested or even approached by bounty hunters unless running away from one of the scenes where you have robbed a train or bank etc.  or a big shoot out scene.   Does your honour have something to do with it because I normally have pretty high honour.   I have been waiting for bounty hunters to catch up with him and take him to jail but doesn't happen.   I have had Javier ride up random and you have to go rescue Bill but .. that's it.   Any suggestions?  

Thanks for listening .. Cheers,  UKRogueOne.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UKRogue1 said:

and then one question for any one still reading this boring post .. how do you trigger the bust out of jail scenes for Arthur?   I have never been arrested or even approached by bounty hunters unless running away from one of the scenes where you have robbed a train or bank etc.  or a big shoot out scene.   Does your honour have something to do with it because I normally have pretty high honour.   I have been waiting for bounty hunters to catch up with him and take him to jail but doesn't happen.   I have had Javier ride up random and you have to go rescue Bill but .. that's it.   Any suggestions?  

Obviously you'll need a bounty on you to be arrested. When the lawmen/bounty hunters approach you, don't move and select "surrender" (should be Y or triangle).

I've only been busted out once or twice, so I don't think it's a common one. Usually you just wait it out until you're let go. There's another one where you bribe the lawman that's watching you and he sets you free. I've only seen that one once.