Why won’t my dead eye work?

Chris

To anyone reading this, your help will be much appreciated. I am new to RDR2  , I have an Xbox One S, and I cannot get dead eye to work. I’m doing what it says to do, from the instructions, which is to hold down LT (to aim) and then pressing in on the right joystick, but this isn’t doing anything at all, even though my dead eye meter (on the screen) is full. 

What do I need to do to get this to work?

On 8/22/2021 at 6:25 PM, Chris said:

To anyone reading this, your help will be much appreciated. I am new to RDR2  , I have an Xbox One S, and I cannot get dead eye to work. I’m doing what it says to do, from the instructions, which is to hold down LT (to aim) and then pressing in on the right joystick, but this isn’t doing anything at all, even though my dead eye meter (on the screen) is full. 

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Welcome to the game partner !

If you played the Story Mode you remeber that pressing those two thumbsticks will eneble dead eye (slow mode and aiming) but that only works that way in STORY MODE.

If you started to play Online you first have to learn a dead eye skill with a card of your choice (you can choose from a couple of skill cards with dead eye skills - either its "paint it black" which is my personal fav or slow & steady, or dmg increase or other of your choosing). Only with the dead eye card equipped you will have the ability to use the dead eye by pressing those two thumbsticks.

Remember also that skill cards can be upgraded to lvl 3 by equipping them and gaining exp.

Hope that clears things up. If you need further help just ask.

Cya !

• Thanks 1