Cross Platform Support?

Metal_Masher

I was wondering if there is going to be cross platform support for this game when the online patch comes out, as I have a few friends on the XB1 while I'm on the ps4 and I would like to play with them in the various aspects of the game like hunting and and robbing trains etc and I did search the forum about this topic before creating one as the search didn't pick anything up related to it. So what you guys thing about this topic.

8 hours ago, Metal_Masher said:

I was wondering if there is going to be cross platform support for this game when the online patch comes out, as I have a few friends on the XB1 while I'm on the ps4 and I would like to play with them in the various aspects of the game like hunting and and robbing trains etc and I did search the forum about this topic before creating one as the search didn't pick anything up related to it. So what you guys thing about this topic.

Not gonna happen.  They've been begging for this for years for GTA Online but MS and Sony won't budge. 

4 minutes ago, Metal_Masher said:

can't blame me wishing for it

I think we all agree that it should be possible (with the option to turn it off). It's the future of gaming and we'll get there eventually. They both (Sony and Microsoft) just need to put their egos aside and accept that cross play is the way to go. Then we would buy consoles based on our own preferences rather than what system our friends have.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Metal_Masher said:

All I know that sony did allow cross platform support with Fortnite and I was hoping it spread to RDR2, can't blame me wishing for it 😁

unless it's been really recent (like in the last month)  Fortnite is not available for crossplay between Xbox and PS4.  Both platforms can play with all other platforms (PC, Apple, Mobile) but not between each other.