Jack Hall Map Problem

Chaser

New to the site.  Not sure if this is the best place for this.  I started the Jack Hall stranger mission and have the first map.  Went to the location for the second map and was unable to climb a stone wall to get to the map.  Tried another way down by jumping to the ledge from above and the map was not present.  Don't know how to proceed with the treasure hunt.

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

New to the site.  Not sure if this is the best place for this.  I started the Jack Hall stranger mission and have the first map.  Went to the location for the second map and was unable to climb a stone wall to get to the map.  Tried another way down by jumping to the ledge from above and the map was not present.  Don't know how to proceed with the treasure hunt.

One of us is confused ;)

Spoiler

The 2nd map is in Cotorra Springs, just under the second O in Cotorra.  The map gives you the location where map 3 is located.

If you mean the first map you find try this, worked for me.  - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-21-red-dead-redemption-2-jack-hall-gang-treasure-map-locations-4975

Thanks.  I started the mission by buying the map.  Then I went to Caliban"s Seat.  I got to the top of the butte and went down the path to the ledge.  I jumped the gap and I cannot climb over the rock wall to get to the 2nd map.  Nothing I do allows me to grab the top of the wall and climb over.

Hope this is more detailed.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Thanks.  I started the mission by buying the map.  Then I went to Caliban"s Seat.  I got to the top of the butte and went down the path to the ledge.  I jumped the gap and I cannot climb over the rock wall to get to the 2nd map.  Nothing I do allows me to grab the top of the wall and climb over.

Hope this is more detailed.

you need to be close to the edge, like on that grass/moss, and not right up against the wall.  Just tried it with no problem.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:24 PM, Chaser said:

Was able to climb the rock wall.  Must have been too close.  Awful picky.  Thanks for the assist.

I had the same issue. I felt like no matter the position I was in, it wasn't registering it for me. I finally got it after like 30 minutes of doing something wrong. lol