You cant go home again

buttlint

I hooked up my old PS3 today thinking that I might pick up where RDD2 dropped me off. The first thing that caught my eye, was my last game save was on 1/21/2011, exactly 8 years to the day.

I started there and found Jack with nothing to do. The controls were different and it took a while to get up to speed. Even then, they were clunky as hell. The graphics that I so fondly remembered were 720p and really didnt look half as great as I recalled. NPCs seemed distant and unwilling to converse. The horse movement was choppy and uneven. I visited some old haunts, shot a couple people and split. Checked my old stats and noted I killed 64 domestic horses and 4 rabbits. I must of been quite a di*k back in the day.

Something I really didnt expect to see was....RDR1 Online is still up and running. I even found a poker game. The guy seemed so exited to see someone that he asked me to join his posse. He spoke Polish(?) so I thought it wouldn't work out real well. It seems like they have a bunch of game options that people have been requesting for the current beta. It doesnt require a PSN account to play.

All of my old links to red dead forums are dead and gone but I did find one. I followed it backwards and it made me laugh.

An old red dead forum

That's pretty neat, although yeah you clearly were somewhat of a douchebag killing all the horses haha!  I've not played the original in a good 6 years I'd say.  Maybe more actually.  Still got my PS3 too though, it's an awesome dust collector these days.  When I built my PC with a 980Ti and then got myself a laptop last year with a 1060 I just resided that the PS3 was buried now.  But I got the PS4 at the start of this month so chances are I might jump back and forth when it comes to playing some prequels.

3 hours ago, Syrens said:

That's pretty neat, although yeah you clearly were somewhat of a douchebag killing all the horses haha! 

I probably drowned most of them trying to cross the Upper Montana River trying to get to the other side.

• Haha 1

Just now, buttlint said:

I probably drowned most of them trying to cross the Upper Montana River trying to get to the other side.

That actually makes sense, I forgot that also counts as deaths, I genuinely was like "why's this dude just roaming around New Austin gunning down work horses" haha!