Help I'm Stuck

OleTimer

I'm in chapter 3 and on the mission "Blessed Are The Peacemakers" and I'm where Arthur is cauterizing his shoulder wound and where you raise the candle which I have done but on the next step where you press X (PS4) to cauterize , when I press X nothing happens? So far I've tried dozens of times to cauterize and even quit the game and came back to the same place in the game and still can't cauterize only just lift the candle and that is it!  Any idea's anyone, has anyone had this problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

I know you had to hold "L" to heat the file over a candle, press "X" and he jabs it in the wound, rotate "L" and "R" for positioning the file. It should work since it's part of the main story. I've had glitches in a couple of side missions that wouldn't work.

Edited by tusken186

Been a while since i played that one.  From the IGN walkthrough - 

Spoiler

Next, you have to treat that septic wound Colm mentioned. Using the candle, rotate the tool with the left stick to fully heat all sides of it. Then plunge it into your wound with x/a. It’s a pretty unpleasant sight, but it’s necessary. Wiggle it back and forth with the left stick while alternating the right stick between far right, and far left.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-redemption-2/Blessed_are_the_Peacemakers

Don't remember if you have to tap X/A repeatedly or just hold it,  i'm thinking it's one you have to tap it.