I can not craft anywhere for some reason

lumper

Question

So, I have crafted all game, I am in the Epilogue, as Marston, we built Beechers hope, Abigale is back, etc..

I have a camp fire that is burning outside but I can only sit at it or pour coffee, no option to craft, I do not have a second fire anywhere, I did in a previous playthrough, I know I was able to craft things before.

For some reason even if I leave Beechers hope, go hunting, then hit Y on Xbox to "rest" normally I would get choices, sleep, craft, etc.. but now when I leave the ranch and try this, I get craft menu, but every item I have to craft stays grayed out and I can not hit use or craft, etc.. 

I dont understand why, I went out and hunted a fresh deer, stopped almost immediately to craft its meat with spices to make some food provisions, and again same thing, I simply can not craft any food.

It will let me craft weapons/ammo as long as I do it a craft/rest spot I set up off Beechers, but no food, and at Beechers I can not even get a rest menu/craft menu.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?

did I do something out of sequence or did I not do something yet>

What did I miss?

It is very frustrating as I need to eat and to stock up on items before I go on anymore missions, I am depleted and one more big gun fight I will be out of everything.

Thanks for any help

5 answers to this question

UPDATE:

So after completing all but the very last mission at Beechers Hope, I finally got a crafting fire and now can craft at home or on the road,.

I still think on my first play through I had a crafting fire from the get go but maybe Im mistaken, I dunno.

Anyway I have it working, so no worries.

Lump

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lumper said:

UPDATE:

So after completing all but the very last mission at Beechers Hope, I finally got a crafting fire and now can craft at home or on the road,.

I still think on my first play through I had a crafting fire from the get go but maybe Im mistaken, I dunno.

Anyway I have it working, so no worries.

Lump

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. So many people ask questions and just fade off and other people who may be having the same issue don't know what to do. Maybe there was some kind of glitch somewhere that forced you to wait? I don't remember having to complete the last mission before I could craft something... Actually, were you in the middle of a mission? That can block you from doing certain things. 

• Like 1

No problem, thanks for answering,

I think it was a glitch as I played the game through twice and I am on my third go around now.

I didnt understand it but there was no crafting fire until after all but the final mission, and it was freaking me out, as I was out of everything and unable to craft.

Hopefully with patches and stuff others wont find this to be an issue.

I encountered this problem once (on Xbox). If this happens to anyone else try pressing the white xbox button on your controller, highlight the RDR2 game in the men on the left, press the little button to the right of the white controller button and select quit game.  When you reload the game the problem should be resolved,

In my third play through, I had no fire for crafting until we completed the story missions with Sadie and Charles, and after all that, it was there.

So for the previous part of the epilogue I just left Beechers and crafted elsewhere, til I was stocked up really well then I came back to Beechers and ran out the missions.

I went to the swamp and picked up Arthurs cash from the Pig Farm, then, I went and used gators for big game meat and used my upgraded satchel to stock up on thyme, oregano, and mint, and crafted for two days, so I had at least 50 of each in stock, so when I went on bounty missions or any missions really I had no trouble with dead eye, which if you dont stock up can be very challenging.