What Are The Consequences When A Player Is Reported?

virgil_caine

Tonight I did something I never thought I would do I reported not one player but five players.

We were in a three man posse doing mail runs 3 separate bags. Myself and one of my crew grabbed two bags and went on our way our third member for some reason went idle so the third bag sat there.

so another posse grabbed it and the fight was on. I delivered my bag and took off to intercept the opposing player. Killed him got the bag and took off.

my companion was cut down by the 3 other opposing posse members while the one I killed tried to pursue me.

I delivered the mail at Emerald Ranch and waited for the inevitable.

I took  a defensive position and waited a few seconds later this guy and now his other posse members come at me guns blazing. Using a bolt action with my new boom bullets I killed 3 of them my posse mate then came and killed the fourth member. They respawn kill us back. Under other circumstances I would be fine with this but they were successful in stoping us from turning in a bag why the hate? Lol

so anyway it went on back and forth for a bit our idle buddy came and helped us and we destroyed these guys. After getting tired of it we tried to skin out. Two of us got out we all went separate ways but our third got caught behind. They killed him twice I turned around but he said don’t bother they were coming towards me so I climbed up to the top of a ridge by the train tracks by Valentine. I readied my Carcano and waited. They turned around and went back for my buddy killed him a few more times. As all this was going on I noticed a lot of player blips suddenly popping up in Valentine. Three of the blips turned red. Not only that there was another 7 with them. Two 7 man posses. These guys called in reinforcements for 3 people.

So I reported them.

I decided there were too many to take on  and asked my team to meet me at the top of the ridge. The army that was now in Valentine assembled in the saloon. Of course they brought Armageddon down on the town and killed everyone.

We were going to leave but I said...

”Who’s got dynamite?”

my two companions both had dynamite I did not. But I did have a Carcano!

so I payed down sniper fire while my two friends went down. They killed the remaining sentries outside and both threw dynamite into the saloon.

it was glorious lol 

they killed 8 of them. We regrouped outside the saloon and continued just destroying this 14 man posse (I’m sure there was some friendly fire on their side that helped too.)

They left.

So it ended up being fun we came out with the upper hand even though we were so outnumbered but now I almost feel guilty for reporting them. Because even though they were being complete griefers We still had fun, so now I’m kind of worried about what consequences they might face.

sorry for the long read I just wanted to describe the situation in proper detail.

thanks.

Edited by virgil_caine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

Tonight I did something I never thought I would do I reported not one player but five players.

We were in a three man posse doing mail runs 3 separate bags. Myself and one of my crew grabbed two bags and went on our way our third member for some reason went idle so the third bag sat there.

so another posse grabbed it and the fight was on. I delivered my bag and took off to intercept the opposing player. Killed him got the bag and took off.

my companion was cut down by the 3 other opposing posse members while the one I killed tried to pursue me.

I delivered the mail at Emerald Ranch and waited for the inevitable.

I took  a defensive position and waited a few seconds later this guy and now his other posse members come at me guns blazing. Using a bolt action with my new boom bullets I killed 3 of them my posse mate then came and killed the fourth member. They respawn kill us back. Under other circumstances I would be fine with this but they were successful in stoping us from turning in a bag why the hate? Lol

so anyway it went on back and forth for a bit our idle buddy came and helped us and we destroyed these guys. After getting tired of it we tried to skin out. Two of us got out we all went separate ways but our third got caught behind. They killed him twice I turned around but he said don’t bother they were coming towards me so I climbed up to the top of a ridge by the train tracks by Valentine. I readied my Carcano and waited. They turned around and went back for my buddy killed him a few more times. As all this was going on I noticed a lot of player blips suddenly popping up in Valentine. Three of the blips turned red. Not only that there was another 7 with them. Two 7 man posses. These guys called in reinforcements for 3 people.

So I reported them.

I decided there were too many to take on  and asked my team to meet me at the top of the ridge. The army that was now in Valentine assembled in the saloon. Of course they brought Armageddon down on the town and killed everyone.

We were going to leave but I said...

”Who’s got dynamite?”

my two companions both had dynamite I did not. But I did have a Carcano!

so I payed down sniper fire while my two friends went down. They killed the remaining sentries outside and both threw dynamite into the saloon.

it was glorious lol 

they killed 8 of them. We regrouped outside the saloon and continued just destroying this 14 man posse (I’m sure there was some friendly fire on their side that helped too.)

They left.

So it ended up being fun we came out with the upper hand even though we were so outnumbered but now I almost feel guilty for reporting them. Because even though they were being complete griefers We still had fun, so now I’m kind of worried about what consequences they might face.

sorry for the long read I just wanted to describe the situation in proper detail.

thanks.

Well bud let me begin by saying , on the mission to deliver the bags , the whole premise of the game is to try and deliver the bags while others try to stop you. Its supposed to be that way. But it sounds like they went a little over board. Depending on where you reported them will make a difference. Did you rockstar report or console report?  Either way I highly doubt they will see any discipline unless multiple people have reported the same cats. Good for you all to stand your ground against overwhelming numbers ! The only punishment they would receive is temporary account ban or a sturn warning from rockstar or console. In short I wouldn't worry about it as rockstar has planned the game this way. They want us to fight. Carry on good sir and a good read it was. 

9 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Well bud let me begin by saying , on the mission to deliver the bags , the whole premise of the game is to try and deliver the bags while others try to stop you. Its supposed to be that way. But it sounds like they went a little over board. Depending on where you reported them will make a difference. Did you rockstar report or console report?  Either way I highly doubt they will see any discipline unless multiple people have reported the same cats. Good for you all to stand your ground against overwhelming numbers ! The only punishment they would receive is temporary account ban or a sturn warning from rockstar or console. In short I wouldn't worry about it as rockstar has planned the game this way. They want us to fight. Carry on good sir and a good read it was. 

Yeah I actually enjoy it when other players interfere it makes it more fun, I don’t even mind if they get aggravated and try and get a kill in after but this was a little overkill.

like I said it did end up being fun but only because we overcame the odds. I reported them In game for disruptive behaviour I’m glad they will only get a slap on the wrist but on the other hand I’m sure they’ve done this before to players I hope they don’t continue.

thanks

• Like 1