Possible bad bug in game during combat?

crh2018

Hi everyone, 

RDR2 is a great game, awesome story and so on. In my second play-through as Arthur. It has it's bugs and glitches like most games do, but this particular bug I noticed right after it's most recent update. For some reason during a random encounter,  it won't let me fight back or even aim at enemies, not even during an ambush since the update. The only control setting I adjusted is setting the aim/lock in normal settings, which I adjusted after the first mission of the story. Arthur now seems like he doesn't want to defend himself since last night's update.

Not sure whether I have the controls set up wrong, this is an old combat bug that I just started experiencing the first time in the game, or is this a new big after the update.

Please let me know if anyone else has this issue

Thanks

sounds like the broken save file or cache issue from before.  try reloading a prior save point, and if you'r on xbox exit the game (hit the xbox button hit start on the game icon, and quit/exit) then hold the power button in on the console till it shuts off, wait 30 seconds or so and turn it on.  For PS4 restart the console, then start the game, and after the initial splash page hold in the R1/R2 and L1/L2 buttoms until you get the darkness and screen calibration option.

19 hours ago, crh2018 said:

Exiting the game seems like it did the job. I have Xbox

Thanks

great!  you should always exit when done playing and fully shut off the console. 

This is a microsoft machine remember, they haven't figured out how to keep a machine running for extended periods without file corruption like others have.