Gun Rush

LOFTYKAY

Amazed that I cant find anything relating to the demise of Gun Rush? Not a massive fan of the team version but the individual Gun Rush is by far and away the best feature of RDR2 by a country mile! I believe if you sit through the dross of knife throwing and tomahawk chucking, in the elimination section, Gun Rush briefly makes an appearance? It HAS to be a stand alone feature again guys! Look at the success of Fortnite, a Battle Royale concept that everybody plays. Personally it's too glitzy for me I much prefer the slower, more methodical RDR2 version that is Gun Rush. I've persevered with Bounty Hunty, Collector and Trader but it's boring and simple based around earning lots of dollars for lots of clothing gimmicks, which can be easily achieved by accessing internet cheat cycles. My only excursion into the game these days is to grief people or posses to try and engage in lengthy gunfights etc I get plenty of decent response and mostly come off second best! But at least it stirs the juices! Please bring back Gun Rush!

R* has all the data and can see which series is more popular, etc. I'm sure that plays into it. They also take feedback into consideration.

We've been seeing the reappearance of free aim modes for example in PvP which IMO is a good indicator for folks who like that mechanic.  ....and who knows. Maybe that opens the door to free aim lobbies.

I recall reading something in regard to R*s surprise that PvP isn't as popular in RDO as they thought it would be. What's interesting is that I see some other companies providing more coop / PvE options perhaps coming to the realization that there may be a larger segment of the community that enjoys this too.   ...or perhaps instead of PvP.

.....but now I'm getting off topic.

Good points re the free aim 'trial' they had and monitoring of feedback and stats etc. At peak time Gun Rushes would be full to capacity (32 players) each and every time and god knows how many were being played out in parallel over the 5 venues. I played a lot whilst in headset contact with sister and bro-in-law and we counted in 3 2 1 Go! to 'join new game' ...on many occassions we missed the synchronicity and would be marauding parallel Fort Mercer's with both being full to capacity! I guess I'll just wait and see if my enquiries reach the ear of a R* official. Thanks for taking time to reply pal.

• Like 1