11/17/19 R* Status of the More Common PC Issues **PLEASE READ**

Kean_1

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC Update – Nov. 16, 2019

Created November 17, 2019Updated November 17, 2019
FollowPrint

We have identified several ongoing issues some players are experiencing on specific machine configurations and are currently working to resolve them. 

While this is not a comprehensive list, we have identified the group of key remaining issues below as high priority problems that we are working to resolve in future updates targeted  to release starting early next week.

Crashes on Start Up

• We have identified several crashes as the game is booting related to certain settings configurations. We are currently testing fixes for these issues to implement as soon as possible. 

Crashes After Start Up

• In the last update we were able to fix instances where players reported their performance degraded over time. While this fix helped many players, it also highlighted other undiscovered crashes in certain circumstances that we are now addressing.

"Mouse Cursor" Issues

• Some players using the Epic Games Launcher are experiencing issues with their mouse cursor. We’ve identified the root cause of this issue and will address it in the upcoming update. Until then, please follow the steps here to resolve the issue:

Settings Greyed out

• In order to implement certain workarounds related to ongoing issues, we have temporary delayed the accessibility of the settings menu. We will work to restore regular functionality in a future update. In the meantime, the setting options will be available after 120 seconds.

Framerate Stuttering

• Some players have been experiencing intermittent frame rate stuttering despite powerful GPUs. We’re working closely with Nvidia to eliminate the remainder of these issues.

Framerate Affecting Core Drain

• A small number of players are experiencing an issue where their framerate is altering how their cores drain.

GPU Drivers

Please note that many players are using older GPU drivers which have not been updated to support Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. Go here for details on how to update your GPU drivers:

Optimizing Your System

There are many options to influence the graphical fidelity of Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC. Go here for tips on maximizing your experience:

General Troubleshooting

As with any PC game there are a number of steps you can take to resolve issues you are experiencing. The steps listed in the following article have shown to resolve the majority of issues for most players:

If are experiencing issues not mentioned here, and have not contacted Rockstar Support already, you can do so by selecting your game here:

You can follow @RockstarSupport for updates about the latest game improvements.

Please take note that if you are having a problem and don't report it, you're not helping your own situation.  

now and then I see a post where someone is complaining about R* and their problems yet they have the attitude that it is a common problem so others must have already reported it......"why should I bother".

The bottom line is that if you want to do something to help your situation, you're pretty limited.  However, the one thing you can do is report it to R* and help bring more attention to the particular issue bothering you.  Don't assume "everyone else is so your voice makes no difference" because it does.  I can't stress this enough.

Use the R* Feedback and Support links here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

Yeah... reported the server disconnect issue.... was routed to a worthless whitepaper.  Waited for the Nov 13th update as it was suppose to "Fix" issues.  No joy.

Finially i got fed up and asked for a refund from Epic games as this is not playable on-line.  They of course refused.  So I filed a complaint with the FTC for deceptive business practices and false advertising.

42 minutes ago, Valhurgan said:

Yeah... reported the server disconnect issue.... was routed to a worthless whitepaper.  Waited for the Nov 13th update as it was suppose to "Fix" issues.  No joy.

Finially i got fed up and asked for a refund from Epic games as this is not playable on-line.  They of course refused.  So I filed a complaint with the FTC for deceptive business practices and false advertising.

Not really the point if this thread but yeah, ok.   .....good luck.