PS5 Issues Connecting to Other Players On Read Dead Online

So, I was able to get a PS5, and I started playing Red Dead Online. I've connected I think once to a lobby and then never was able to connect again. Every time I click on a series through the menus, join a free roam mode, pretty much anything, I can't seem to connect with other players. When I look at the lobby, it says I have a full lobby, but there's no players in the map. 

I'm wondering if this could possibly be a server issue trying to connect PS4 and PS5 players together, or unless it's something that's occurring on R*'s end. System, game, and everything is completely up to date as far as updates and patches go. If you are having similar issues, please do not hesitate to leave a response! 

Edited by DylBandit
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:05 PM, DylBandit said:

So, I was able to get a PS5, and I started playing Red Dead Online. I've connected I think once to a lobby and then never was able to connect again. Every time I click on a series through the menus, join a free roam mode, pretty much anything, I can't seem to connect with other players. When I look at the lobby, it says I have a full lobby, but there's no players in the map. 

I'm wondering if this could possibly be a server issue trying to connect PS4 and PS5 players together, or unless it's something that's occurring on R*'s end. System, game, and everything is completely up to date as far as updates and patches go. If you are having similar issues, please do not hesitate to leave a response! 

I've had my PS5 for awhile and have no issues. I play regularly with PS4 players and I regularly get dropped into lobbies with PS4 players (some who love to take shots/lasso me).