Hackers a daily problem

Notaclu

Every single real time day I play which is every day as I am retired   I am a senior and love to potter about in game doing my collector missions and also trading but every day I play I am attacked by hackers  I am bombed locked in cages thrown in the air like a fire cracker etc etc etc I lose my perfect skins off my horse that took me for ages to get I am constantly using my horse revive medicines on my dead horse  it really is a pain in the A   Is anything being done by game creators to fix this? Many times I have had to leave game as it becomes over the top crazy!

Hi @Notaclu and welcome.

First, I should say that RDR2.org is a fan site and not affiliated in any way with R* nor Take Two.  

Now, as for hackers, cheaters, exploiters or even just good 'ol trollers / griefers, there is an in-game reporting feature you can use.  You can also report players through R*'s Support site here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?step=dea4b872

There are also ways you can help mitigate the problem by using the in-game features like Defensive Mode.  It's also important in how you interact with other players but perhaps more so in what you do to help avoid them.  

It's been a long time since I played but what I found was that when you spawn in, the game places you in regions where other players are.  ....so what I began doing is choosing spawn areas that were well away from where I wanted to go and then I would high tail it to my destination avoiding everyone on the way there.  It worked well for me at least for a good portion of my sessions.  

I'm sorry I don't have a definitive solution for your woes but hopefully asome of that information will help you out.  

....oh, and one other surefire way to help from being bullied in sessions is to play with friends.  The more friends, the better as people don't tend to bother you as much when you're in a group.  

I've seen on other forums where PC is prone more to mods then console. I myself have a Playstation and other than the occasional griefer I've never seen specific mods to the program. 

I also agree that friends can help significantly. I have a couple of friends who play and notice less interaction with griefers. That being said, griefers also repeatedly travel in groups as well. 

My friends and I are older and fairly new to the game but we enjoy the heck out of it. 

@EvilHotDogVendor

Yes, it's true that in most cases PC is far more prone to hacking than console because folks can gain access and change files, etc.  ....something that simply isn't probable on console.  However, that doesn't mean cheaters don't exist on PS an XB but they will typically come in the form of those who use exploits (using issues with the game to their advantage) and hardware like a lag switch, Cronus device, etc. to gain an unfair advantage.