Online beta update and free goodies

Abysstic

Looks like we are soon to see our 1st update:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60735/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Week-1-Update

as as well as some free goodies if you have been playing:

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

• Like 1

Something is slightly different. I actually met players out in the wilderness that were hideout clearing and hunting/fishing last night. Unlike during the opening  week everyone was not trying to race in on their horse and headshot each other, it was actually quite pleasant. Last night was also the first time I can remember that I entered Blackeater, Valatine, and Tumbleweed to retrieve my horse with players in town and there wasn’t a massacre going on. Now this is a small sample size, but I am holding it’s at lease pointing in the right direction of enjoyable gameplay. 

And sorry for the duplicate topic, my filters weren’t set and I didn’t see the other topic till after I posted. 

I had the exact opposite- met more trolls and rando shooters online last night than at any time previous.  Just pure luck with what server you get put in, I guess. 

I spent more than half my playtime last night dealing with folk who robbed of my horse, shot me for no reason, waved hello then backstabbed me, lasso goons, and someone who tackled me to the ground. 

Actually, most of those confrontations were quite fun (other than the horse carcass robbery and the weird ghost trolls).  Maybe I'm sinking to their level! :)  Or maybe I just enjoy beating down wannabe griefers?  Maybe I secretly hop someone kicks something off so I can 'legitimately' get them?  Oh dear ... what has happened to me, lol :)

• Like 1

Statistical outlier from sample size I would guess then, I may have come across ‘lucky’ server/playtime. I am hoping for actual change which is certainly making me bias. I should observe change behavior at least a week before opening my pie hole :/ 

I find myself drifting further to the dark side as of late too Poggy. Had quite an interesting interaction in the valentine bar a few days ago, I was trying to get into fist fights for one of the challenges so decided to antagonise all the NPCs I could find. After knocking out the entire bar the law descended and I was shot dead but upon returning to the now empty bar, a player strolls in. I stand at the bar downing whiskey while eyeing up my new friend and he decides to follow suit. 

After downing several whiskeys my new friend gets the message and throws the first punch, what followed was a series of bare knuckle fights to the death. I have to say some of the best fun I've had in game for a while. Who ether you were sir I salute you. 

I've also made a point of harassing people who kill me unprovoked, killed a guy three times and then parlayed with him. Followed him around for the full 10 minutes then lobbed a Molotov at his horse when it expired. Not gonna lie I enjoyed it. 

• Haha 1